It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 pm

FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Postby Emafer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:37 am

onewithdog wrote:
onewithdog wrote:That show i mentioned, United States of Tara. Showtime is nice enough to post the pilot on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_zkTD64MI

None of you lovely ladies can comment on it?
Is Monk back? I love that show.

My boyfreind calls me Monk. I can't watch that show beucase it hits too close to home and makes me anxious. I'm a little OCD and paranoid about some things including germs. I wash my hands like 30 times a day and carry hand sanitizer at all times. Every time I have touched anything in public I used hand sanitizer as soon as I get back into the car. I also am very very very particular about my food and what in it and how it's prepared and if things on the plate are touching. I have been known to use 2 or 3 different plates at dinner just so something from one food item doesn't get on another. I cannot sleep in a bed where the sheets are disheveled. Like if we've been in bed and eh em...anyway, I always have to fix the sheets afterward. This is just kind of the tip of the ice burg, my poor children have no chance.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Emafer wrote:My boyfreind calls me Monk. I can't watch that show beucase it hits too close to home and makes me anxious. I'm a little OCD and paranoid about some things including germs. I wash my hands like 30 times a day and carry hand sanitizer at all times. Every time I have touched anything in public I used hand sanitizer as soon as I get back into the car. I also am very very very particular about my food and what in it and how it's prepared and if things on the plate are touching. I have been known to use 2 or 3 different plates at dinner just so something from one food item doesn't get on another. I cannot sleep in a bed where the sheets are disheveled. Like if we've been in bed and eh em...anyway, I always have to fix the sheets afterward. This is just kind of the tip of the ice burg, my poor children have no chance.

You do know that over use of hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps and lotions make you even more susceptible to germs? I know for an OCD person, it's hard to accept, but it's germs that fight germs. Since the research is still on going about the safety of the chemicals that they put into these products, I just avoid them.
Just remember, in day to day life, a simple wipe or plain soap and water can get rid of those nasty germs.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:57 pm

tvldiva wrote:You do know that over use of hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps and lotions make you even more susceptible to germs? I know for an OCD person, it's hard to accept, but it's germs that fight germs. Since the research is still on going about the safety of the chemicals that they put into these products, I just avoid them.
Just remember, in day to day life, a simple wipe or plain soap and water can get rid of those nasty germs.

My coworkers ostracize me because I won't use the antibacterial lotion stuff. I wash my hands like once every five minutes so they get pretty beat up and dried out (especially in the winter). I have yet to find a really good lotion to prevent it, but I survive... :roll:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby onewithdog » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Big Love is getting good.

Nobody watches it?
Bill is sailing by the skin of his teeth it seems, but came out strong this week. Crazy stuff.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Spumony5000 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm

I like House and when I catch it Ugly Betty is a pretty cute show. I have the tendency to not remember when tv shows are on so I am mainly a movie person.
I watched The Untied States of Tara. I am not sure about it yet.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Emafer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 am

tvldiva wrote:
Emafer wrote:My boyfreind calls me Monk. I can't watch that show beucase it hits too close to home and makes me anxious. I'm a little OCD and paranoid about some things including germs. I wash my hands like 30 times a day and carry hand sanitizer at all times. Every time I have touched anything in public I used hand sanitizer as soon as I get back into the car. I also am very very very particular about my food and what in it and how it's prepared and if things on the plate are touching. I have been known to use 2 or 3 different plates at dinner just so something from one food item doesn't get on another. I cannot sleep in a bed where the sheets are disheveled. Like if we've been in bed and eh em...anyway, I always have to fix the sheets afterward. This is just kind of the tip of the ice burg, my poor children have no chance.

You do know that over use of hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps and lotions make you even more susceptible to germs? I know for an OCD person, it's hard to accept, but it's germs that fight germs. Since the research is still on going about the safety of the chemicals that they put into these products, I just avoid them.

I do know this but have a really really weak immune system. I have my whole life and there's basically a 90% chance that I will get the bad bacteria into my own system before the good bacteria has a chance to kill it. I also get food poisoning all the time so I use anti-bacterial products in my kitchen. I know that good bacteria on the counter kills the bad stuff but usually not before it gets into my stomach so I am happy to kill everything and stay healthier.

I LOVE Big Love! LOVE IT! I don't have HBO anymore so I'm going to have to watch it online. I also love Ugly Betty. I just read that they are putting it on hold starting in Marhcn ad I'm sooo peed!
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm

I was listening to BBC Radio 1 earlier and they said there's going to be a new Red Dwarf special around Easter!! I love Red Dwarf!!! I wanna be in the UK. :pout:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 am

LSully9 wrote:I cannot wait for Lost tonight! It was difficult to follow for a couple seasons there, but it got really really good again last year so I was glad I stuck with it.

And I said this somewhere else too: Fringe. It's just about filled the void in my soul that appeared when XFiles finished.

And House. I can't miss that snarky so-and-so.

I've seen ads for United States of Tara and it does look good, but I don't get Showtime. :roll:

Hiya Sully,

United States of Tara is very good.I dont have showtime either but I watch United States of Tara free at http://www.casttv.com/video/f46q2z/unit ... de-1-video.

Fringe is very good & it keeps getting better. The lead actress Anna Torv appeared in a long running aussie series called McLeods Daughters which is still one of my all time favorites.

There is some good aussie television. Packed to the Rafters (have to catch epi's of that on YouTube), CrashBurn, Seachange, Love My Way, Underbelly, the orig Kath & Kim is pretty funny & Summer Heights High, those are pretty good aussie series. Then there is a kiwi series called Outrageous Fortune, it can get really raunchy but it is so funny.

Does anyone watch Rescue Me? It is pretty hilarious. Denis Leary is a pistol.

Talk about funny, does anyone watch Shameless? Omg. It is too funny.

I'd never miss LOST, Big Love, Gavin & Stacey (BBC America), Rescue Me, In Treatment, Masterpiece Theatre. I miss HBO's Six Feet Under. It will be really hard not having ER next year. It goes without saying, I'd never miss FOTC.

I watch too much tv. Yikees.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Sun May 31, 2009 12:59 pm

I don't have t.v., but I am looking forward to being back in the land of high speed to catch up on:

How I met your mother- Funniest show on tv in years. What up.

Grey's Anatomy- I have been dedicated since day one, but after season two, things have been up and down. This past season has been the best in a long while- it made me laugh and cry like I used to at the show... but then they killed off two of the best characters, so it will take a drastically different tone next season.

Arrested Development- I have already seen every episode about 100 times, but its been about a year since I did a fully viewing of all three seasons, and with the new movies coming out, I need to prep-up on all of the isms (and practice my chicken dance).
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby biscuit » Sun May 31, 2009 2:07 pm

I used to be a huge Red Dwarf fan, but I didn't really enjoy the last few seasons:P I remain a sceptic when it comes to the new series.

I absolutely love Peep Show, and can't wait for the new season to air. I don't know exactly when that will be, although I hear rumours it's going to be this summer. :woohoo:

Another weird show I really like is Green Wing. It's ashame they only made two seasons + a special :( When I first saw it I hated it, but it grew on me and now it is in my top 3 all time favourites!
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby helgecko » Sun May 31, 2009 2:13 pm

ooh yeah, Green Wing's an odd one...
I've only seen the first season, and loved it while I was watching it, but then looking back on it afterwards I actually started to think it was pretty stupid. So I had the opposite reaction to you :lol:
(it would probably make me laugh if I watched it again though, I bet...)

And Red Dwarf was AWESOME way back when, but I seriously don't want to watch the new episodes, I reckon it'd be all wrong :?
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sun May 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Did anyone else watch Teachers when it was on? Used to love that!
It's a psychological analogy
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 31, 2009 2:43 pm

I love Dexter. So funny, yes a serial killer can be hilarius. And Dexter (Michael C. Hall) is easy on the eyes... (and takes off his shirt alot) If you haven't seen it, rent all three seasons. It only got better and better. (rare)

We (hubby and I) also watch Rescue Me, Big Love, and Entourage.

I won't miss Grey's Anatomy, and I must confess to a new secret following of America's Next Top Model.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby LauraK » Sun May 31, 2009 5:41 pm

biscuit, Dexter is in my top 3 faves: Lost & FOTC being the other 2. (If FOTC doesn't come back, True Blood will take that spot....) :worry:

I loves me some Dex!! I had to talk my Mom into watching it and now she and my stepdad are as hooked as I am! I loved season 1 (Genius. Possibly the very best written season of anything I've ever seen) and season 2 was very close to being just as good. But I was a bit disappointed with S3.

The relationship with Miguel was fabulous but I thought its end could've been stretched out a bit more. Of course, we knew he'd end up on a flat surface immobilized by plastic sheeting, eh? :) The scene between the 2 of them on the rooftop was awesome. They really did have great chemistry. The whole skinner plot did nothing for me and neither did his demise. I didn't buy that he'd have Dex tied to a table and yet leave his skinning tools somewhere else.....allowing Dexter to get loose. Loved the imaginings Dexter had about his son being a serial killer. :shock:

Here's a link to a preview of season 4 and who'll be involved: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14252/ ... th-season/
Don't read if you want it all to be a surprise!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby RubyRed » Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 pm

My other addictions include:

True Blood
Life on Mars (American...can't find the original British version ANYWHERE)
Dancing with the Stars
Bad VH-1 Celebreality shows

M
RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

PreviousNext

Return to General