FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Postby onewithdog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 am

I just got around to watching United States of Tara on Showtime. It stars Toni Collette who plays a mom of two struggling with life. And apparently when she gets uber stressed jumps into different personalities. In the pilot we met T who is 16 and a ho. Butch who is like a hick man. Pretty entertaining stuff. I dont understand how some of the reviews i've seen arent positive. Its created by Steven Spielberg. And written by Diablo Cody (Juno, great movie).

This season i will also watch Big Love on HBO. Stars Bill Paxton as a polygamist.
And Lost! Season 5. Who are the Oceanic 6?
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Re: FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Postby LSully9 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 pm

I cannot wait for Lost tonight! It was difficult to follow for a couple seasons there, but it got really really good again last year so I was glad I stuck with it.

And I said this somewhere else too: Fringe. It's just about filled the void in my soul that appeared when XFiles finished.

And House. I can't miss that snarky so-and-so.

I've seen ads for United States of Tara and it does look good, but I don't get Showtime. :roll:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby onewithdog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 pm

JJ Abrams (Lost) did Fringe as well correct? I remember missing the premier which totally sucks when you dont have on demand. If you miss something like FotC you are ok because it is replayed 100 times that week. Not the same on regular cable. Grrrrr.

I'll get it on DVD or something.

This past season i was watching : Entourage, DEXTER! and Californication
And always lots of Food Network
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 am

3 MINUTES TILL LOST

:partyman: :prayer: :supz: :clap: :yay: :dance: :cheer: :adoration:
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:53 am

Okay, I admit it - I'm an American Idol addict. But the best thing to come of it was watching the new show after it tonight, called Lie To Me - one of the best written shows I've seen in awhile. Humor in the writing, great plot twists, and the premise - that this guy can tell if someone is lying by their body language and facial expressions. We'll all learn a thing or two so no one can lie to us, ever again!!! I loved it, and Tim Roth (Pulp Fiction) is great!!! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby tvldiva » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:00 am

Hello- I'm the person that never got Lost. I watched a couple of episodes. Then I noticed that I would find things to do when it was on, so I stopped watching altogether. :dunno:

But there was a new show on tonight(Wednesday) that I've been looking forward to and didn't hate it- Lie to Me. So many new shows grab me right away then the shine wears off too quick. I think this one may stick around. They didn't try to shove too much exposition in the first episode, I like that. I do prefer a slower reveal of all the back stories. Anyway- Tim Roth is in it, that should be enough for most. He is so freakin amazing, I'm beside myself that he will be on weekly! :yay:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby onewithdog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:07 am

Lost.... was boring. Not only boring but i dont like the direction they are taking. And im pretty sure none of the questions ive had in previous season will be answered any time soon. Oh well.

That show i mentioned, United States of Tara. Showtime is nice enough to post the pilot on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_zkTD64MI

Watched it again tonight with my girlfriend and she loved it.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby dangerous person » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:59 am

I gave up on Lost mid season 2, I kept falling asleep.........
I am looking forward to season 2 of Damages and Mad Men, there isn't much on British TV at the moment :?
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm

I tried watching some of Lost at one point, but I think I didn't quite get into it and it was also around the time that the boyfriend was travelling a lot and I just didn't want to be thinking of plane crashes at the time.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby LSully9 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:10 pm

onewithdog wrote:Lost.... was boring. Not only boring but i dont like the direction they are taking. And im pretty sure none of the questions ive had in previous season will be answered any time soon. Oh well.

It was kinda boring... And hard to follow again with all the time tripping... :rolleyes: Hopefully things get easier again.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9

Postby tvldiva » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:49 am

Don't forget Burn Notice. Great show! I just love Bruce Campbell! Actually, I didn't care for him before the show, thought he was a bad actor, chewing up all the scenery(like Samuel L Jackson- yeah- I said it-what of it!!) But on Burn Notice, he's pretty damn entertaining. If fact, I'm a convert. He is a bit cheesy but has a great chin and does an amazing Elvis!! :popcorn:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 am

As you can tell by the post time, I've been staying up kinda late. :roll: But one good thing has come out of it: sometimes late at night, HBO has on some old Mystery Science Theatre 3000 movies. Oh my gosh, I literally was over the bed roaring, in tears from gut-laughing the other night! :roll2: They were ever so clever with their commentary. I had forgotten how good they were. Makes for good late night tv. :thumb: MST3K rules!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Emafer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:53 am

Since I don't have Tivo anymore and usually miss my shows when they are on TV I do a lot of my TV watching online. And I've been sick AND my boyfriend has been out of town so in the last 24 hours I've watch like 2 weeks worth each of Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock and 90210. Luckily I have a cordless mouse so I can lay in bed with my knitting and vege out. I seriously tempted to watch more 90210 :D I kind of watched the first few episodes and then abandoned it beucase I had too many shows to try to keep up with. And I'm SUPER bummed that they cancelled Dirty Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies :(
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby onewithdog » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:20 pm

onewithdog wrote:That show i mentioned, United States of Tara. Showtime is nice enough to post the pilot on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_zkTD64MI

None of you lovely ladies can comment on it?
Is Monk back? I love that show.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:As you can tell by the post time, I've been staying up kinda late. :roll: But one good thing has come out of it: sometimes late at night, HBO has on some old Mystery Science Theatre 3000 movies. Oh my gosh, I literally was over the bed roaring, in tears from gut-laughing the other night! :roll2: They were ever so clever with their commentary. I had forgotten how good they were. Makes for good late night tv. :thumb: MST3K rules!

OMG! That seriously was one of the funniest shows ever!!! And it's not like it was even that funny; it was just soooo insanely stupid and the movies they picked were always soooo bad, you totally couldn't help but laugh!!
LSully9

Next

Return to General