“Brezhnev’s Eyebrows"

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Late, but

Postby Ellen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:15 am

Present.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:32 am

Durr...we're all here, I think?

What do we have on the agenda? I have:
-Possible new band member
-the fan(s) want to know how we (Ellen!) found our mascot picture
-New fan club effort spearheaded by fan Nicole

Did I miss anything? Any other new business?
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:51 pm

Sorry, sorry... I couldn't get off the roundabout, but I'm here now!

Yes, I think you've covered the basics of the meeting, Andria. Very well done. The only other thing I think needs covering is the song Ridiculous Russian Dolls. Is it an instrumental or have you got some lyrics for it yet? I think this could be a huge hit, climbing all the way to number 1 on the Russian-band-name-and-song-theme charts!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:49 pm

Wow…things are moving so fast. Lemme think.

The fan question: Is she really a fan or is she just concerned about our sanity? Oh, her question. You can blame the Associated Press.

Gayle as band member: Well, I have no problem with it. I must admit, the fact that she has no musical talent is a huge selling point with me. If she’s willing to play the hair dryer or the blender, I vote yea. It is actually somewhat of a relief, because while Gayle and Andria are on stage, I can take a little nap behind the curtain.

New fan club effort: I have absolutely no idea. I’m terrible at that sort of thing.

“Ridiculous Russian Dolls”: Oh, the pressure is on already. I think for this one, I’ll need those bottles ASAP, BMJM, OK? I have no music or lyrics at present (big surprise), but I do have a photo.

Are these suitably ridiculous?

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:09 pm

*clink clink clink clink*
Here are your bottles, Ellen. More where those came from!

And yes, I think those dolls are more than ridiculous enough! But don't touch them! You didn't touch them did you, Ellen?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:16 am

Am I in then? If you prefer I audition, that's fine. I can wait until you are done auditioning Neil Finn, naturally.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Ellen

I said nothing about smoking banana peels, though.

Postby Ellen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:53 am

Most assuredly, I did not touch the Russian monkey nesting dolls.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gayle wrote:Am I in then? If you prefer I audition, that's fine. I can wait until you are done auditioning Neil Finn, naturally.
Still pending Andria’s yea or nay. Must be diplomatic about these things. Can’t speak for her, but I see no reason why not. She is the head of the audition committee, so she decides about that stuff. You do know this is an unpaid position, right?

For me, BE has already fulfilled two of the most poignant dreams I never knew I had. First, I’ve always wanted to be able to say, “I’m in a band”, because I’ve heard that’s very impressive. Second, I’ve always wanted to post the word ‘Present’ in response to a band-meeting roll call. So in essence, I am quite content. Everything else is just gravy.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: I said nothing about smoking banana peels, though.

Postby Sherry » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:17 am

Ellen

For me, BE has already fulfilled two of the most poignant dreams I never knew I had. First, I’ve always wanted to be able to say, “I’m in a band”, because I’ve heard that’s very impressive. Second, I’ve always wanted to post the word ‘Present’ in response to a band-meeting roll call. So in essence, I am quite content. Everything else is just gravy.

:rolls:

Right now I am out of witty lines (its still early and I am waking up slowly today), but I can appreciate someone elses. So anything else you hope to aspire to or achieve that those here can help you with? :lol:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:16 am

Sorry for holding up the meeting! I ran over the Image shop for a quick snack break. They were awed when they found out I was in a real band. I feel all sparkly.
Back to business

Gayle (is it? Or Gayyle?) just a quick a couple of questions:
Are you in the habit of touching monkeys?

Are you allergic to any ground spices? If so, is a curtain separation enough to keep you from getting hives?

How do you feel about the "look" of the band? Would you be willing to untame your eyebrows?

“Ridiculous Russian Dolls”: Hmmm...lyrics, lyrics...can't we just click, hum and then make monkey noises in a russian accent? Love the picture though. Glad you resisted the urge to touch the dolls, Ellen. I know you are a recovering Monkey Touch-er. How long has it been now?
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Gayle (is it? Or Gayyle?) just a quick a couple of questions:
Are you in the habit of touching monkeys?

Are you allergic to any ground spices? If so, is a curtain separation enough to keep you from getting hives?

How do you feel about the "look" of the band? Would you be willing to untame your eyebrows?

It's Ggayle.

No. I'm not in the "habit" of touching monkeys. But I have been known to on occation poke them with a stick.

Not allergic to ground spices... unless you include cumin, paprika, basil, oregano, clove, cinnamon, white pepper, black pepper, red pepper, cardomom, thyme, sage, rosemary, tarragon. I don't get hives, but my air passages tend to get cloggy.

Eyebrows? I have one that stretches from ear to ear.

Do I pass muster?

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 pm

Do I pass muster?

Or is that Munster? :wink:

As manager, should I also untame my brows and let loose my inner Freida Kahlo?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:44 pm

indigo_jones wrote:

Do I pass muster?

Speaking as not a member of the band yet, I say Yea.

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:42 pm

indigo_jones wrote:

Do I pass muster?

Brilliant, BMJM :lol:

Andria, there you go confusing reality again. I don’t know how many times we have to go over this. I have Coulrophobia, and you have the monkey-touching issue, and that’s why we can never go to the circus or the zoo.

Thankfully Ggayle is not the monkey-touching type, because if that were the case we wouldn’t need to form a band, we’d need an intervention. Given the eyebrow situation, we may need that anyway.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:49 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Or is that Munster? :wink:

(Wahahaha ^ :roll2: Munster...)

Ggayle, as the official head of the bband auditioning committee, I cordially invite you to join BE. You will have to sign this waiver *waiver :wave:*.
which merely states that BE is in no way responsible for any allergic reactions caused by our ground spices at performances, and if you should happen to fall ill and be hospitalized for said reactions BE will not be responsible for any of the bills due to the bband having no revenue.
Now that's taken care of. :D

Yes, BMJM, you should 'let loose' your inner Frieda Kahlo. You have to be able to properly represent the bband when getting us gigs.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:20 pm

Andria wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Or is that Munster? :wink:

(Wahahaha ^ :roll2: Munster...)

Ggayle, as the official head of the bband auditioning committee, I cordially invite you to join BE. You will have to sign this waiver *waiver :wave:*.
which merely states that BE is in no way responsible for any allergic reactions caused by our ground spices at performances, and if you should happen to fall ill and be hospitalized for said reactions BE will not be responsible for any of the bills due to the bband having no revenue.
Now that's taken care of. :D

Yes, BMJM, you should 'let loose' your inner Frieda Kahlo. You have to be able to properly represent the bband when getting us gigs.

:rock: :boohoo: :lalala: :sing: :whistle: :supz:
YOU MEAN I'M IN? Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. I am so excited!
:tears: I am... over... whelmed......... :tears:

*sniff* :type: *waiver signed*

THANK YOU!

Return to “Off topic rambles”