“Brezhnev’s Eyebrows"

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:42 pm

Oh, I think that's got great potential! Somehow the idea of mechanically generated lyrics goes quite well with a band that doesn't play real instruments. This could even work well in getting your foot (feet?) in the door for that posibily lucrative future market of music for machines kitchen items!

Although I quite like the organic element of this line:
"I am comforted by your business sock that I carry into the twilight."
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SayWhat?
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SayWhat? » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:19 am

:?:

Any truth to the rampant internet rumor that BE will be putting on a FREE CONCERT at the Chiswick roundabout sometime soon? :eh:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:21 am

Yes there is and I believe there wardrobe will primarily consist of chainmail and anything else that would be good for photo shoots.

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Ellen » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Geez! How did you get an advanced copy of Faux Bands Weekly?

/me

Postby /me » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:40 pm

That's truly hilarious, Ellen. :lol:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:46 pm

I wasn't going to go out today, but I think I'm going to have to scour the magazine racks to find a copy of that! That's a must-read!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:00 pm

I buy it strictly for the articles. :wink:

/me

Postby /me » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:08 pm

Johnnyp wrote:I buy it strictly for the articles. :wink:
:spit: Ha!
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Ellen wrote:Geez! How did you get an advanced copy of Faux Bands Weekly?

This is the best thing ever. EVER. We are truly in the presence of greatness. And eyebrows.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:03 am

The interviewer from Faux Bands Weekly was quite pleasant, I have to say. Even gave me a tissue when I started tearing up over my struggle with whole MT disease. :cry: It has been quite difficult. I just wanted to thank all of my fellow bband members for being so supportive during this tough time.

Regarding the lyrics, Ellen. I think you and your computer could be the next Lennon and McCartney, erm Lenin and McCarthy? :oops: Nevermind.

I really love these lines:
"Your skin glows like the banana..."
"I am comforted by your business sock that I carry into the twilight..."
"I wait for you in the moonlight so that we may yell as one, monkey to monkey,
in search of the magnificent and mystically ridiculous Russian doll of love. .."
They are so moving. The magnificent and mystically ridiculous Russian doll of love. :tears: Get just gets you, right here :heart:, ya know?

But, I would like to know, is that Faux Band Monthly $2.95 in US, UK, NZ, or CA? $2.95 in UK & US is a lot of money on our budget. NZ & CA wouldn't be so bad. I'd have to put off the binge eating. No more Images.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:38 pm

Andria, I just want to say I am so proud of you for sharing your story. So many people (and monkeys) out there who are dealing with MT will be inspired and hopefully lives will be changed. I think you need to write a song about it for the 8-track. You can disguise the fact that it’s about MT, you know, in a subtle way. I just don’t think all our songs should be about love.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:09 pm

I like the way you think, Ellen.

MT is a serious subject, to be sure, but hasn't FotC already written a song about it? Think About It; Think, Think About itcovered this subject. Don't want to flood the market with the subject and end up with MT fatigue, making people desensitized to the very problem we are attempting to bring awareness to.

I do think, however, it is entirely appropriate for our 8-track cover to depict Andria, longing to touch a near-by monkey, just beyond her reach. Perhaps a gauzy filter would be nice, like they use in the feminine hygene commercials, you know. Maybe we can get Annie Lebowitz for the shoot.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm

I do think, however, it is entirely appropriate for our 8-track cover to depict Andria, longing to touch a near-by monkey, just beyond her reach. Perhaps a gauzy filter would be nice, like they use in the feminine hygene commercials, you know. Maybe we can get Annie Lebowitz for the shoot.

Um, have you seen our budget? We just can't afford Annie Lebowitz. I think we'll have to make do with Andy Lebowurtz. :wink:

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:24 pm

I know I'm not involoved in this mayhem, but I just wanted to say I am enjoying this a lot! You are all completely bonkers (and, truly talented!) You have me laughing out loud. :rotfl:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:50 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Um, have you seen our budget? We just can't afford Annie Lebowitz. I think we'll have to make do with Andy Lebowurtz. :wink:

Hmmm... an excellent point. Perhaps Uncle Morty and his polaroid are available. Will let you know.

Oh, and thanks Kate - though I haven't the faintest clue why you would be laughing. This is very, very serious. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Gayle on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off topic rambles”