It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:09 am

The Mighty Boosh

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: The Mighty Boosh

Postby seasick_sarah » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:41 am

Okay...well...I've been converted, finally! (Well, that's not really the word, because I'm still a dedicated FOTC fan). Last week my friends came over for a DVD night and we watched a few eps of the Boosh, which I used to hate (probably because I'd only seen one episode, very close to the end of high school, while sitting at the kitchen table trying to write an essay about filmic techniques in Citizen Kane. A talking gorilla? Seriously?) I used to fancy myself as a Mod revivalist, so my friend showed me the ep with the Mod wolves and it was all so ridiculous...I fell in love instantly. I've been talking about them incessantly ever since and the same friend bought me series two for my birthday...I'm excited. So yes, I am cheating on Bret and Jemaine a little bit...but FOTC's songs are far superior, I MUCH prefer Murray and Dave to Bob Fossil, and while Noel is quite sexy the more I watch, I'm still a passionate Bretero!

No luck in returning the favour by getting my two Boosh-obsessed pals into FOTC, though... :hrmpf: :tsk:
seasick_sarah
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 am

Yay, another fan!

The mod wolves bit is classic.

I can't wait until they return to the US!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm

The Mighty Boosh are great. I rewatched 'The Legend of Old Gregg' ("I'm old Greggggg!") last night which cracks me up. :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:34 am

VMH thanks for posting that vid. I love the Mod Wolves.
My one girlfriend and I have practiced the dance. We have it down.
I think I owe my Mighty Boosh obsession to you. I only really started seriously watching them after we talked about them in LA (at the Demetri Martin show)and how you got to meet them. I was and still am so jealous, (one of my biggest responses).

I can't wait for their return, it is a "must see", "must Meet" situation.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby vmh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:36 am

I'm glad you enjoy it, Ryche! All of them are really nice but Noel stood out as making me feel the least nervous because he was just so friendly. We should practice our crimping next time we meet up. I hope we could see a show (or two) together when they do a real US tour.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes Vanessa that is a plan to definitely look forward to! I bet it will be in LA. I have no problem going there, as you know, my second home :rock: "I love LA" a little Randy Newman going on there... :folkon:

Anyway, yes ooh ooh ooh I did a twisty, twist them up twist them down.... :rolleyes:
Definitely Low Down Dirty Crimpin'
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Peaches » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:54 am

I'm glad you guys are liking them :) I think FotC have much better song writing and music skills...but hey, that's just me. Plus they're NZdie's....I gotta love them :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby vmh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am

Extra, extra...read all about it!

ELEANOR IS COMING IN.....TO AUSTRALIA! Details here!
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Peaches » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 pm

I know! To Adelaide! :D

But no one will come with me! :(

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Sherry » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Peaches wrote:I know! To Adelaide! :D

But no one will come with me! :(

If it was 10 days later I would. We'll be in town for a few weeks over Easter as hubbys brother is getting married. Shame I'll miss the Fringe :(
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Peaches » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Really?! Oh my Gawd! Sherry's in my town! :D

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby mockingbird » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 am

I just saw on MySpace that TMB is going to be doing a live video chat/Q&A on Thursday morning at 10 PST (I think).
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby vmh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm watching it right now! :D
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Venus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I watched it and thought it was quite good. Would have been nice if it was longer though. Even though the frames per second were very limited, at least it didn't freeze up like it did when I was watching the Gentlemen Broncos Fantastic Fest premiere online. I can't wait for the movie. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby vmh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 pm

I just found out that Rich Fulcher is going to be the guest auctioneer at Amoeba on Saturday, May 1 and he'll be signing copies of his new book, Tiny Acts of Rebellion. Of course, this clashes with the Beginning Improv and Beginning Writing workshops I'll be taking at Second City the same day. Oh, Amoeba...why are you doing this to me?

At least I'll be in the same area. I'll try to swing by afterwards.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

PreviousNext

Return to General