It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:59 am

Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:11 am

Unfortunately someone spoiled the ending for me, as I mentioned in the "Rage" thread, haha, so I didn't have the luxury of being surprised, but it was still an "oh my god!" moment. Season 5 is sure to be crazy.
thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:40 am

I was thinking, maybe Dexter should go back to killing animals like when he was a kid, haha. That would make everything simpler. He could take up hunting big game. How confused would a bear be to wake up syran wrapped to a table with photos of little woodland critters he'd eaten hung all over the place? Haha.
thestray

Postby LauraK » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:07 am

Here's the live-chat John Lithgow did today:
http://www.ustream.tv/showtime

This is great....he gives us so much more background on Trinity and what went on in the finale!

:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Red » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 am

So do you think they'll have Rita back next season maybe in dreams or kind of like Harry has been this past season? They could be his angel on one shoulder and demon on the other. :seesaw:

Can I just say that I'm glad they made Rita so whiny and demanding and annoying this season because I would have been devastated if I had still liked her. :lol:

After seeing the very last scene of Rita and Harrison, if you go back and rewatch Trinity and Dexter's last scene together every word out of Trinity's mouth takes on new meaning. The writers did a great job crafting this whole season. It was their best yet. :clap:
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LauraK » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 am

JL says that very thing in the live-chat, which was recorded for us to watch...it's not a transcript! :D I'm almost 45 minutes in- what a great interview!!!

And I don't think we'll see Rita as part of Dex's conscious.....Harry is it. He's Dexter's most important influence and his advice has been proven correct- again.

I just can't wait to see what his reaction will be.

There's bound to be questions! Trinity came to the station and was seen speaking to Dexter!! Deb, Matthews and Dexter are the only ones left who know how Dex was found in his mother's blood and those 2 will surely see the similarities between that and how Harrison was left!

John says that he doesn't think Trinity knew at all about Dex's past....that he intuited that it would be something that would hurt Dexter.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Wow that's so cool he's giving that interview. When I get my day off I am going to watch it! Thanks for the link Laura.

I think it would be interesting if Rita came back like Harry. I am STILL in total shock at how it all ended. I really want to go back and watch it again. It was so intinse!
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:35 am

:thud: :shock: Wow!!!!!

I just watched it tonight!! And no Rita should not come back. How annoying would that crap be? Harry AND Rita sitting in the back seat of the car lecturing Dexter on how to handle his dark passenger. "You need to hide the cheetos Dexter. You were sloppy. Got to destroy the cheetos.." and that would be both of them yammering on about bloody cheetos or something. I'd rather listen to a swinging mix tape of nails on a chalkboard thank you very much! But, uhm... and I know this is a weird thing to worry about. But, how is he going to kill people now with 3 kids to take care of? That seems like a such a messed up thing to be wringing your hands over...but still. He has to kill people! :lol:

I'm going to have to watch this again and that interview too. Must say go JL! I think he was the most interesting Psycho yet. :D
Last edited by deliriumtree on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Red » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:51 am

Glad you saw it, DT! Yeah I hope they don't bring Rita back either. Good riddance to her! But what will happen to the kids? I'm sure Dex will keep Harrison, but what about Cody and Astor? They're orphans now and thanks to him. He's either got to adopt them or give them to their grandparents. I just don't know how they're going to take this thing but it will be really hard for him to kill people and be a single father. And I'm with DT. He has to kill people or the show isn't fun anymore. Glad I'm not a writer on this show. They've created quite a crazy story to work out.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:28 am

Yeah... my brain hurts thinking about how to write all that.

I was assuming Dexter would raise Cody and Astor but you got a point. They did introduce Rita's mother last year, I'm imagining she'll be back wanting custody. Probably with Harrison too, knowing her. Interesting!

There's no way you can kill people and be a single father. He'd have to have a really understanding baby sitter. Well paid too!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby LauraK » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 am

Unless he adopted them legally, I don't think there's any question of him keeping Astor and Cody- he can't. Unless he wanted to and the Grands allowed it, which I don't see happening at all.

Dex will be a single father, I believe I read where one of the writers or producers said that. It'll be intersting to see how that works. Deb moves in?

I'm more concerned with when will S5 picks up. Will it start right after Dex picked up Harrison from the bloody floor? (Yes, please.)

Or will they do a jump into the future a bit and just casually explain a bit? (NO!!)

I want to see the questions get answered! This will be in the news....Dexter's face as well. Arthur's family will probably learn his real name and occupation....they'll probably tell the police how he had a whole other identity and had been interacting with Arthur for quite some time. Then there's everyone who'd seen him and Dexter talking at the station. Also...the police will have Rita's message to Dexter about having to come home and how she loves him and can't wait to see him later but.......what's he going to say he was doing all that time? Why couldn't he have just gone with Rita in the first place??

You know it's going to get under Deb's skin.....

How about when they opened the garage door and Dex had just emerged from the coffin??? I'm starting to think Deb knows, somewhere deep in her brain, exactly what the deal is with Dexter but she just refuses to deal with it because he's all she's got.

The question is- will she ultimately be able to accept what he is and what he does when she finally admits or finds out the truth? Or will she be the one to either kill him or take him in?

Wow. I can't wait for next season!!

I loved some of the things John Lithgow told us about Trinity...where he thought he was and what the timeline of that final evening was...how he found Dexter's house and was there waiting when Rita came back! *brrrr*
I've seen the question asked "Did Trinity tell Rita about Dexter before he killed her?" and JL said No...he wouldn't have done that.

I'm glad Dexter killed him, but I'm also sorry to see him go. John Lithgow was amazing. Wow, was this a wonderful season! I still have to give #1 spot to the first season, with this one running a superclose second! :)

I saw that Dexter and MCH were nominated for Golden Globes!! :thumb:
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby bibliaddict » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:13 am

I'm just glad it wasn't Deb. I love the miasma of curse words that surround her. When Rita delivered the "You're so good for us" speech, I knew she was a goner. And I thought emphatically bringing up Paul's parents a few eps back was a little too convenient, but they might make interesting additions to the cast - they raised Paul to be the asshole he was; they could be closet sociopaths as well.
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby thestray » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 am

We're on the same page LauraK, he has a LOT to explain next season. And I'm with you on them not skipping ahead too far. If they skip ahead, it should be to the funeral, no later than that. But I prefer for them to pick up right where they left off.

I'm really excited about next season. I love when writers do this, dig their protagonist into an impossible hole to get out of. None of us can even begin to imagine how he's going to deal with all his responsibilities, stay out of trouble with the department and still kill, but I'm sure the writers have some tricks up their sleeves.
thestray

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 am

bibliaddict wrote:I'm just glad it wasn't Deb. I love the miasma of curse words that surround her.

Ha! I do too! She makes me want to curse more. :lol:

I hope they pick up right where they left it as well. Laura you always think of every angle. It's scary yo!
deliriumtree

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:58 am

the first thing I think about is what is Dexters next move? Call police, but that just implicates himself. No evidence, will they think he snapped and killed Rita?

Deb will watch over kids and try to find evidence to clear Dexter? Will he then need to tell her everything? She could become an accomplist by not turning him in etc etc.
I am still reeling, I tivo'd and watched it again, and also listened to JL interview, who by the way, deserves an emmy along with MCH.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby thestray » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 pm

ItsAllRyche wrote:the first thing I think about is what is Dexters next move? Call police, but that just implicates himself. No evidence, will they think he snapped and killed Rita?

Nah I don't think so. She was killed with Trinity's MO, so I don't think they would suspect him.
thestray

PreviousNext

Return to General