What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
LauraK
 Post subject: Re: Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 am 
Boom King!

Saw it.

:shock:

WOW.

How can things at casa Trinity ever go back to normal after that Thanksgiving?? I got the distinct feeling that no one had ever stood up to him before.

And how "eeeewwwwww" was it that he's calling his daughter by his dead sister's name?

I was creeped out, too, by the mother's lack of empathy towards her daughter. Do you think he beat it out of her?

I wonder how he'll react to Dexter's handling of things? Will he correctly guess what Dexter is or will he think he was just a normal guy trying to protect Trinity's family from him?

Masuka.....Masuka.....they wouldn't be grooming him for a change in character would they? Maybe eventually getting together with Deb?

I sure hope not! I haven't read the newest book yet but geez, that'd make me feel like the show was starting to gear up for a shark-jump...

I do like that he saw Mr. Friendly kiss Rita...I'm betting he will tell Dex. And Dex may just give a bit of a warning to ol Elliot. Rita did kiss him back, though.....

I had a bit of a smile thinking about the Cody of the books when he was asking Deb about getting shot and whether she saw "that guy" die. He was pretty interested. :o

Hmmmm.....I have a feeling that custom-made coffin will come to some use before the season ends.

It's flown by!! I don't want it to be over.....

I really don't have a lot to say about needy-reporter-chick being Trinity's daughter. How much does she know? How much does he know that she knows? Is she as twisted as him? I think so.

The whole LaGuerta Batista thing is annoying. I just felt like it was wasted time. I wanted to see more Dexter, not those two! :lol:

Red
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:06 am 
Getting lewd with the food

Yeah I've felt the whole season like the writers just needed some secondary storyline filler so they threw in some LaGuerta and Batista loving. I would never buy those two as a couple but whatever.

I think Dex is going to have to start working pretty fast at killing Trinity now that he has seen the monster in Dex. I'm sure Trinity is an expert stalker too and it won't be long before he finds out Dexter's true identity and we can't have Trinity pushing Rita off any buildings. Or can we? :hrm: :P

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 am 
Boom King!

I'd be ok with that.

:)

Dexter needs a stronger shed. Like a mini-log-cabin-type shed.

bibliaddict
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:43 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

"Hi, Dad."

I swear my jaw dropped and froze for about five minutes after that.

Spandex Inspector #12

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm 
Boom King!

Over at the ST boards, someone said that perhaps Arthur trained up his daughter to be his "in" in the media. She gets the juicy stories via tips from Daddy and she also lets him know if someone is getting too close.

Intersting, to be sure.

I'd be interested to see whether she's been a reporter in many of the places where Trinity kills have occurred.....

Someone over there mentioned something about a mystery twitpic guy.....anyone know anything about this? I don't check in at Twitter every day....seen any curious pics regarding Dexter?

onefeathertail
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

:shock:

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:31 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

Oooh, I just caught up on Dexter.....

Much to chat about on Wednesday ~.~

bakergirl30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 am 
Crying tears of a rapper

This Sundays was a little frustrating to me. Just SO many questions left and unanswered! I can't wait for the next 2 episodes to see how they are going to end it.

Unfortunantly I have to work this sunday from 4pm to 1am and will not be able to see it until maybe monday. :| I love sundays for Dexter!

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 am 
Boom King!

Oh my holy crap!! :shock:

I had no idea what they were going to do more than once! Good Lord, when Trinity took that boy......I swear, the tension is too much sometimes!

Then hearing that that kid saw Dex leave when they were camping! Yikes! And did you guys notice that when he went into the shelter, he removed his glove and took the pop lid off with his bare hand?? I was yelling at my monitor- "No, Dexter!! Fingerprints!!" lol. He must've gone back and cleaned up but still.....I'm curious to know how he made it possible for the boy to be found and not leave any evidence from himself. He usually has a controlled environment.

I thought for sure that when that knock sounded on Christine's door it was going to be an enraged daddy there to kill her. Man, John Lithgow is good. However, I do love the evolution of Dexter. It makes me wonder what choice he'll make. I'm thinking that he may eventually leave Rita so as not to expose them any more to his Dark Passenger. He wants to protect them, even from himself.

I have no idea how this is going to end...I did read an interview with Keith Carradine where he says the twist at the end is amazing. I think Jennifer Carpenter alluded to it as well. I wish I had no idea cuz now I'm trying to work out what would be the twistiest twist, lol.

I think it'll involve Laura Moser(sp)......

Red
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 am 

I'm to overwhelmed with questions to even begin to think up theories and the scenes for next week didn't help at all.

I hope they're done with the whole surprise 2 characters are related thing.

Why bring up Paul's parents and send the kids off to Disney Word?

Isn't Cody about 10 years old? He won't be safe when Trinity finds out Dex's real name. Dexter's family fits Trinity's MO too well. Drown Cody in cement. Slice up Astor in the bath tub. Make Rita commit suicide. Bludgeon Dexter to death. That could never happen of course but it would make for a creepy dream sequence.

What is Quinn gonna do? Be mad at Christine or Deb or himself?

Isn't a main character suppose to die this season? I read that somewhere. Who could it be?

Red
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am 

And I hope they bring Deb looking into her dad's CIs to some conclusion although I'm afraid of what that conclusion would mean for Dex and Deb.

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm 
Boom King!

Yeah, I hope the kids get outta Dodge before Trinity comes calling. I got a chill at the end of the preview when he said "Hello, Dexter Morgan." :shock:
He'd definitely take Cody to get back at Dex for screwing up his cycle.

I can't help but hope Rita gets it.......but that leaves too many loose ends for Dexter. He's really invested in his family now. I hope it's not Deb. Or Masuka....they've started something I like with him by showing his softer side. BUT, he has been so far unable to tell Dex what he knows. If he gets it before he can tell, Dex'll never know about that kiss. Hm. One minute I like Quinn, the next I can't stand him, lol. He's a compelling character and he's got a bit of that Doakes back-and-forth with Dex, so I don't think it'll be him.
I'm putting my money on Batista or LaGuerta, and if it's either of them I;d rather see her go. I love Angel....and the poor guy just can't be happy for too long it seems!

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 pm 

Oooh Laura,
I so agree with your theories. and those of Red, don't you find yourself gripping your chair and clenching your teeth?? I do and catch myself and say 'breathe...'
I almost died when Trinity got back in his vehicle and screamed "You stupid C***!" tensed up on that one!!

so, I too thought that the knock was gonna mean Christine dies at her fathers hand.

As for Batista or La Guerta, one of them is a goner for sure. They would not waste so much time on their 'happy secret' relationship if it was gonna last.

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:44 pm 

Oh, and "Dexter Morgan?????" Trinity says in the previews, aarrggh!! this is just tooooo creepy!

LauraK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 am 
Boom King!

Oh mannnnnnn......i wish I could watch it tonight! I hope someone uploads fast! I've been reading theories over at the Showtime boards and a couple made me go :shock:

You've read where, in an interview, Jennifer Carpenter said the end is going to be beyond whatever we can think, right?

Peeps have postulated that Dexter will kill someone we'd never have expected him to kill. You know Masuka's been trying to tell him about the kiss between Elliot and Rita, right? Well, maybe he follows Dex and sees something he shouldn't.....and Dex has to kill him. :shock: :shock:

~Or~

Elliot. Elliot. Hmmmm......maybe he had a brother. A brother who was into drugs and wife-abuse......a brother who called him about this dude who was getting between him and his ex. And then this brother wound up back in jail and then dead. He might want a little revenge...... :shock: :shock:

~Or~

Maybe Trinity kidnaps Rita and is going to make her jump but she somehow gets one over on him and kills him, becoming a hero. (i don't like this one...lol)

~Or~

After Dex realizes he does love his wife and kids, Rita confesses her kiss with Elliot to Dex and also the fact that he's not Harrison's father!! :shock: :shock:

Ugh....Who The Hell Knows??? I just can't wait to see it!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next