It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 pm

What do you think he'll say to Deb?? He's had to have thought out what he'd say if she ever found out the truth about who he really was and who he was related to, right? Do you think he'll feign surprise and act as if he's more shocked than her.....say he never knew Brian was his brother?? Or will he spill everything about what Harry guessed about him being a sociopath and all the training, the code, what he does and beg her to keep quiet......????? :shock:

Yowza.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby thestray » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 pm

I'd stop watching if he killed Rita, haha. If she dies it can't be by Dexter's hand, that would ruin the show to me.

I think Arthur is going to kidnap Cody, isn't Cody 10? What if Cody turns out to have a "dark passenger"?

Also, the episode is called "The Getaway" so I think that's a clue. I think it's either going to end with Trinity getting away or Dexter going on the run.
thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby LauraK » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 am

Cody and Astor are both little serial-killers-in-training in the books. On the show? I don't think they'll go there...they had enough backlash just doing a show with the protagonist being a sociopathic serial killer, lol.

I think it's entirely possible that Trinity takes Cody as revenge for Dex screwing up his killing of that kid. I also hope that Trinity does "get away..." his character was so compelling, I'd love to see Dexter hunting him more.

I just can't see a season of Dexter being on the run....it doesn't make sense for me. Why would Dexter go on the run? Even if Deb does figure it all out...there is no proof he killed anyone unless they find his blood slides. I don't expect it all to come out til the end of the last season.

The Getaway could be Cody getting away from Trinity (cuz I sure don't want either kid dying!)....or Dexter getting away with killing Arthur and letting that other dude he killed last week take the rap for being Trinity.....more likely it's going to be something we can't even imagine!! :D
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby thestray » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:13 am

They could handle it differently than in the books (I haven't/won't read them).

It may seem like there's no proof he's killed anyone, but we're not detectives, haha. Like you said there's the blood slides. There's the kill tools. And who knows what mistakes he's made along the way? He's careful, but the reason he gets away with it is because nobody suspects him, if they ever had reason to suspect him it would only be a matter of time til they had proof. Not saying it's a likely scenario, but it's certainly possible if they wanted to go that route.

I can't wait to find out whatever happens. I'm already excited about the 5th season not even though I don't know how this one will end yet, haha.
thestray

Postby LauraK » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Even if the blood slides are found....they'd have to find his dump site/body parts like in S2. And yes, there may be some fibers or other forensic evidence they could link to him.....as to how well he cleans his kill tools? That I don't know, but you'd think he'd have learned something from his close call in almost getting caught as the BHB.

Maybe someone will suspect him and follow him and catch him in his kill room with Trinity on the table. He'll then have a choice: allow himself to be caught or kill someone innocent to stay free and with his family and continue his 'work.' That would certainly be shocking.

We know he gets Trinity because we see him getting the needle to the neck. Just don't know if Dex will kill him.

Someone else pointed out that the teaser says something like ".....change both their lives forever..." (Dex and Arthur) which kind of makes it sound like they'll both live.... :dunno:

:lol: We could speculate on this til Sunday and probably still not guess correctly!! :D
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby thestray » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 am

They wouldn't have to find the bodies technically. I think there would be more than enough circumstantial evidence to put him away. The bloodslides alone would be enough.

Maybe it will be revealed that Dexter's been DEAD THE WHOLE TIME! Haha. You're right, they probably have something in store way over our heads.

I felt so sorry for Christine even though what she did was wrong. When Arthur was like "I'm sorry.... sorry you were ever born!" I was like "Daaayyyyum.... that's f***ed up!" Poor girl. Pretty too.
thestray

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Yeah Stray, Christine's end was sad, she had no where to go after Deb told her to f- off and she would not forgive her. This should make us loathe Trinity more. It took away some of the "and he's a family man" feeling. (side note) I like how Dexter has upset him time and again by saying 'pedophile'. It is crazy how that disturbs Trinity but killing the little guys doesn't.

"The Getaway". hhmmm, John Lithgow's interview was carefully plotted out, and as the articles I have read, well, this all could be a decoy, the careful scene's to next week, the hammer, is that a woman's hand? Dexter's hands are not very masculine, but (right one) would be still a bit well if not swollen then bruised from the punch....
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Red » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 am

Well I finally watched it last night. Wow. I can't wait until next week! Although I will be sad when this season is over. Its been a doozy!

I really think Trinity might get away or worse yet Dexter might let him go. I think Dexter will confess what he is to Trinity either way so it could be very bad if Dex lets him get away.

I think Arthur's son will come in to play somehow next week.

There's a very good possibility that Deb or someone else from the department will find out Dexter's secret.

Man, there's too much to even speculate about. I have no idea how they're going to wrap all this up in 1 hour. There's definitely going to be a much bigger cliffhanger at the end of this season than we've seen at the end of others I'm afraid.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:17 am

I know I'll be wearing a diaper just in case the ending makes me s my p's.
thestray

Postby Red » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:04 am

Yeah I have a feeling I should warn my neighbors to ignore any screaming that may come from our house when we watch this last episode.
Red

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 am

oh Stray, I too may join in the wearing of 'depends'...ha ha you're a riot!! :lol:

I am gonna be on the edge of my seat!!! I also do not want this season to end, but am so anxious for this episode.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 am

In the end everybody should find out his secret and they're like "Whaaat? You kill murderers???....that's AWESOME! Why didn't you tell us?" and they throw him a big party with a cake shaped like Trinity and he gets to cut the first slice!

Or not.
thestray

Postby Red » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 am

:twisted: Brilliant!
Red

Postby LauraK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 am

Yeah! Like at the end of S1, when he imagined everyone throwing him a parade when they found out he kills killers, lol!

Diaper might be a good idea, Stray. :)

And Red- no kidding!! It's a lot to squeeze into an hour. I wish the finale was 2 hours...they never seem long enough.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 am

This made me smile...

"Dexter's psycholicious!" :lol:
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!