I Turn My Camera On

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

Re: I Turn My Camera On

Postby LauraK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:37 am

"Oh Happy Dance, yeah!" :D

Those are neat souvenirs, Faith. Is the one in back a matroushka doll? (I'm probably spelling that wrong...)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Peaches » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 am

I presume it's a little Kokeshi doll, Matroyshka dolls are those little Russian dolls that are big and then small and go into one another....erm...know what I mean!?
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:42 pm

I love the "waving kitty" dolls, as I prefer to call them. I had a couple where the arm actually moved, but then they died. I still have my little coin bank, though, as well as a mini black one that sits on my bedside table. I also have a t-shirt of one ...

Mock, I wish I had more toys around so I could do fun shots like that! I love the dinosaur eating Barbie! Hysterical! It's like the Stormtrooper series of photos that someone is doing.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm

I've checked for the first time in a while, and boy, are you all talented!!!!

And mock, the dinosaur is hilarious!

indigo, I have to thank you for the Stormtroopers 365 link - my husband will just die!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby biscuit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm

I love all the 'last minute' inside photos :D Indy's bowls, Mock's Barbie-eating dino and Faith's super cute Japanese souvernirs :)

I had an indoor photo hunt to on Saturday and ended up just taking a photo of my favourite coffee mug:
A Christmas gift from my daughter :heart:

Yesterday we went sledging and I got quite a few nice shots. I can't choose between catching Ben mid-sneeze...
You can see his breath in the air as he sneezes!

...or this one of Nic climbing:)

I also like this close-up of the campfire:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:04 pm

I love the perspective of the one of Nic climbing. You really get an almost 3D feel from it!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby biscuit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Yes, I know:) I was crawling around on the ground to get that shot. :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm

That mid-sneeze shot is so cool! Yes you can see the air shooting out of his mouth! Awesome. And Indy that Stormtroopers site is too funny. :lol: Last summer my son made a book about dinosaurs and we took all these plastic dinosaurs outside (we have a ton, he's really into dinosaurs) and took pictures of them in the grass, etc. down low at ground level so it kind of looks like they're real huge dinosaurs, lol - then we printed them out and he wrote some facts about each one and we put them all in a binder. It's actually a really cool book. :thumb:

I am determined to get a shot of something that is not in my house today, lol. We'll see how that works out.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SuzyBatt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Nice pics everyone!!

Indy, I agree, your decorative bowls are beautiful, and your shot of them really funky!
Mock, the colours on your shot are great. Must have been daytime, right?
And I really like your outdoor pics Biscuit, especially the fire. It's a nice contrast to the snow!

I still haven't uploaded my shots from last week. And even though I had my cam on a short walk yesterday I found my surroundings so uninspiring. We're in a mid-winter thaw and everything looks so dirty and ugly.

On a side-note, I spoke to hubby about the 365 project and he was so keen on the idea that now he wants to buy a new cam! He's an ex-photographer-wannabe. We actually met because of photography all those 20+ years ago (yikes!). He really likes the idea but doesn't feel our camera would take good enough shots. Well, he's probably right by the looks of it. But SLRs are so pricey and this is so not a priority! I really think my trying to encourage him to take more pics is coming back to bite me in the ***!! :bang:
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby Faith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Took a bunch of pics while driving around town today. Nothing terribly exciting, but it was a gorgeous day out today.

It's very flat and boring around here.

Just in case you forget what state you're in, they put it on the highway.

Water tower

Sitting at the red light.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Picture of the huge oak tree in our front yard.

A far away pic of the San Jacinto monument.

A pic from my walk. Hard to believe that a little over a year ago this street was under 6 ft of water.
Faith

Postby SuzyBatt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Faith, what a gorgeous tree you have on your front lawn. And a nice pic of it too. It's very dreamy with the sun coming through the leaves.
Speaking of leaves, how come the oak has leaves, but many other trees don't? How does it work in places where it doesn't really snow in winter? Do only some trees lose their leaves?
Ooh, green grass. Looks like spring isn't too far away (though maybe it is, who knows?!?).
SuzyBatt

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Faith, is that Japanese writing in your first picture something you had written for you over there? I had a really nice framed paper of my name and my husband's. It was so beautiful! Letters were embellished with birds and dragons, so lovely.

Nice photos, everyone. It's great to see the world through different eyes! :eyelashes:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Faith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 am

SuzyBatt - Well, a lot of those trees are dead in the second pic, that's why they have no leaves. They need to be cut down. During Hurricane Ike, it flooded and everything was destroyed in that part of the neighborhood which is only a block away from my house. We were very lucky we didn't lose our house. A lot of people did. If the storm surges would have been as bad as they were predicting, we would have lost everything. We were very lucky we live on the high side of the street because everyone across the street got water in their houses and the water only made it halfway up to our house.

Nancy - No, I have no idea what that says. I'm assuming it's the name of the wooden doll I got. It is pretty though, isn't it?
Faith

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 am

Oh wow Faith, I had no idea that was your street when you said it had six feet of water. I'm so sorry you had to go through that but glad you were lucky enough not to lose EVERYTHING! I guess the trees are a reminder...

I'll try to pop in again in a bit to post some pics, including some taken tonight.
SuzyBatt

PreviousNext

Return to General