What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Faith
 Post subject: Re: I Turn My Camera On
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:30 am 
A pastry chef and a sniper

Does anyone else do the Project 365 thing on Flickr where you take a picture everyday or is it just me? This is my second time doing it and I find it really interesting, especially when you finish and you look back at all the boring and not so boring things you did in the past year. I'm on Day 83 right now: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuXmVuS

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:41 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

That's really amazing, Faith. I don't carry my camera everywhere. I wish I did. There are so many times I see a wonderful shot and kick myself for not having it, but it's a bit big and heavy for my little everyday purse. Do you take your photos with an iPhone? Do you ever get behind and take a bunch in one day?

Faith
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:55 pm 

I take all my pictures with my iPhone since I always have it with me. I think the only picture in there that I took with my real camera is the one of me and Arj. I'm pretty good about not getting behind. I think I've only missed taking a pic for the day maybe 3 times since I started.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm 

Damn. The second Sprint offers the iPhone...im IN! :waiting: I'm amazed at how nice the photo's are. They've sure come a long way since Bret invented the camera phone, haven't they? :wink: Are all the photo's from the iPhone perfect squares? Do you use the hipstamatic on all of them? Can you take pics without using it?

I suppose once you are in the habit of taking a photo a day... :hrm: I would probably get so far behind that there would suddenly be a month of photo's of my dog...all taken on the same day.

Faith
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 am 

You can take regular pictures with the iPhone. I just have been using Hipstamatic for all my pics for that set because I like it.

mockingbird
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

I didn't post my pics on Flickr but for a while I was doing the 365 project just for myself, and then I abandoned it after a few months. I knew I would, which is why I didn't join the group. It would be cool to do it officially and stick with it.

I'm annoyed with my camera right now because the photos are coming out blurry if you move the camera even the tiniest bit. :? I think my settings are messed up somehow and I don't have the book anymore. I've been trying to fix it through trial and error but so far no luck. I don't like to ever use the flash and I think the aperture is staying open too long.

Nancy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:47 am 
Persona Non Regatta

I find that if I don't use the flash, my photos are blurry unless I rest the camera on a flat surface - call me Shaky. :?

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm 

Nancy - It's probably the camera settings. I didn't use a flash in any of my concert photos and trust me....I was shaking. :lol:

Mock, I'm sure you can find the book for your camera to look at online. I spent several hours fiddling with the settings on my camera to get it just right for the FotC concerts. I wish I would have written down the exact set up just in case I ever need it again. :pray: There is a really technical page on Flickr that you can look at the exact settings/details of your camera when you took a particular photo, but I don't know how to take that info and set my camera accordingly. I would probably figure it out if I had a really good reason though. :)

Those Hipstamatic filters are so cool. How many are there and do you select them before the photo or can you try several on the pic after you take it?

Faith
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:45 am 

There's quite a few of them. They come in packs, you get a few for free then the packs are 99 cents each. Each pack usually has a couple of films and a lens. You select them before you take the pic. If you want something different you have to take the pic again. I like to use the randomize feature where you shake the phone and it picks a lens and film for you. I've gotten some cool looking pics by accident that way.

Faith
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:22 am 

Met Alan Cumming yesterday at the Denver Film Center. I was very excited to see him, to say the least. :)

Nancy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 am 
Persona Non Regatta

Back in 1980, I did an industrial in Las Vegas. One of the musicians had a friend who gave Grand Canyon tours by a small, 4-seater plane. It was certainly not the usual tour, and near the end we went down to 3 feet above the Colorado River. This was the one shot I was able to take. Yup, the water you see is the Colorado River, taken as I looked out the window of the plane.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PS Faith I love Alan Cummings! Nice photo of both of you.

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Faith
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:13 am 

What's an industrial?

Nancy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:28 am 
Persona Non Regatta

It's funny, my daughter does them now.
An example of an industrial: say Sony, has an annual convention, and hires singers and dancers to either come in just for entertainment, or they interweave song and dance material that is pertinent to Sony along with their own material to make itheir dry, boring stuff more interesting. It's very much geared toward motivating the masses. The economic problems have definitely put a damper on this type of spending, but outside of commercials, industrials are an actor's bread and butter if you're not working in a show or on a film.

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63