It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Off topic blather

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: Off topic blather

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Hey-ya, got an email from Amazon this morning, they have 1000 (mp3) albums on sale for $5. Go get 'em! :bolt:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Diah » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm posting everywhere I can because unfortunately at this time I haven 't much else to do.

I was at the "bar" down the street from my "apartment" (ugh American English is so Bleh) for lunch and a pint of IPA (Yum) :drinkers: when i heard "New Zealand.". It came from the other side of the tap so I could not see who the words were spoken by. I asked the bartender, "did I hear New Zealand?" She said, "Yes, Couldn't you hear he is from New Zealand?". Well unfortunately No i thought to myself. It did not sound like the "New Zealandeez" I have been so used to hearing (from TV and interviews and YouTube). He of course was in a bar and had been there awhile :partyman:. Wearing a graphic tee with a Giraffe that said something about sheep. Anyway, I wanted to approach him and inquire about New Zealand. This of course for all reasons mentioned above was probably not the best time to do so. So I missed my chance to meet a New Zealander. Maybe next time.

Diah
"Height of rudeness."
Diah
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Venus » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:17 am

Ah, that's a shame, Diah. Hopefully there'll be another chance for you to meet a New Zealand in the near future. How funny that they had a t-shirt with sheep on it too. :lol:

Living in London, there are quite a few New Zealanders here. There are Aussies and Kiwis in my team at my place of work so of course there's lots of friendly(-ish ;)) banter going on between both sides. I try not to mention FOTC and give away how big of a fan I am of them but sometimes I take part in discussions about NZ and they are surprised that I know so much about their country. :lol: I did mention to my boss who's a Kiwi that I was going to the What We Do in the Shadows UK premiere last month and when I mentioned that Taika directed Boy, he said that he had watched Boy and enjoyed it. 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Previous

Return to General