It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Concerts

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: Concerts

Postby Red » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:00 am

Peaches, too bad we live on opposite sides of the world or we could be concert buddies! If I ever get to see Tom Waits live, I will count myself blessed. He's amazing and I can't imagine how great he is live.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 am

:D

Well when I come over to the U.S, I shall visit all you Texans...and we'll go to a concert! :D

*When....in maybe like 2 years when I am not poor...
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Red » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 am

You got it! And if I ever make it to Adelaide we shall :partyman: and :supz: with some Aussie bands. Deal?
Red

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 am

I agree with Peaches you have awesome musical tastes Red. A lot of great bands and some I should probably look up. I would adore seeing flaming lips live. I've seen clips and it looks like they put on an amazing show! Why can't we all live closer? lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Peaches » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 am

Red wrote:You got it! And if I ever make it to Adelaide we shall :partyman: and :supz: with some Aussie bands. Deal?

Deal! :D :partyman:

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Red » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

That would be awesome. I'd love a Lips show with all my WTFers. Afterward we could ambush Wayne and make him give us all hugs. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind. :D
Red

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 am

Oh! I'd love a big Wayne hug. That would be awesome! :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Red » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 am

eejm wrote:A few groups I haven't seen yet that I'd like to:

Phoenix

I saw them in October. I had only heard the one single that they were playing on the radio at the time so I was pleasantly surprised by their whole set. It was a really fun show.
Red

Postby Red » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:07 am

I got tickets to see The Flaming Lips in March!!! I way too excited about this. Of my top 5 favorite bands, they're the only ones I've never seen live. I can't wait. :supz:
Red

Postby vmh » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 am

Go Red! :supz: Take lots of pictures! Maybe you'll get another hug from Wayne. The Flaming Lips played a free, secret show here last November but it was hard to get in. My sister and her bf showed up early and got wristbands for the show but I guess they returned from dinner too late and were denied access. I would have gone but I was just a few blocks away seeing Yo La Tengo. There seems to be enough Flaming Lips fans on the board that we could just as easily do a WTF! meetup at one of their shows as FOTC.

There's a ton of gigs coming up that I want to go to but I have to be choosey (still saving up for FOTC's next tour). I tried to get tickets to see The Magnetic Fields (one of my top 5) but they're sold out. :cry: Air at Walt Disney Concert Hall is also sold out. Caetano Veloso at The Greek Theatre is out of my price range right now.

So, up next for me is She & Him at The Largo in March and possibly St. Vincent in a week.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Red » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 am

Aw Air would be great. Too bad it's sold out.
Red

Postby SuzyBatt » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 am

Wilco fans, are they worth seeing live? I'm guessing the answer is yes. They'll be in Montreal at the end of Feb, at a nice small venue. Should I go? It's even a Saturday so babysitting shouldn't be a problem... Hopefully tickets won't be too pricey though. :hrm:
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby vmh » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:39 am

SuzyBatt wrote:Wilco fans, are they worth seeing live? I'm guessing the answer is yes.

:nod: Yes!

I've never actually seen them live...yet. But you should go! From what I've heard, they're incredible live!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby SuzyBatt » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:42 am

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I saw them a while back on Austin City Limits and they definitely seem to rock! :supz: Yeah, definitely thinking about it, just have to find out how much it will cost...

Thanks!

Edit: Oh crap! That was some short-lived excitement - they're sold out!!! :###: :sosad: (It seems to have all happened in one day... grrr... :cross: )
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby Peaches » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 am

Bit late, but...YAY RED!! :D Ah Flaming Lips rule :)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

PreviousNext

Return to General