RuPaul's Drag Race - You Better Work! SPOILERS

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

RuPaul's Drag Race - You Better Work! SPOILERS

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I figured it could use its own campy home, all decorated with velvet paintings of Marilyn Monroe, and a walk in closet just for the wigs, darling.

What did everyone think of last night's Drag mom/daughter ex-tra-va-gahn-za? You go first...

Artists rendition of the judging table:
:suckers:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race - You Better Work! SPOILERS

Postby onlyalways » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 am

I just got into this show several weeks ago and I am in ~love~. It combines two reality shows I like- ANTM and Project Runway. :D First time watching looked a lot like this: :shock:. Some of the girls are beautiful.

Raven is my favorite. Glad she won again, even with the "worse" drag mom. Also happy to see Pandora get kicked off, and I'm waiting for Tyra to get kicked off next, she's just not one of my faves.
onlyalways
Keeping it funky

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Glad you started this thread MM coz I had so much to say about last night's episode, it was my favorite so far. I laughed so flippin hard. The drag mothers were rough to say the least but I was impressed by how good most of them looked when transformed. Though Tatiana is the prettiest queen Raven is my favorite. Who did Jujubee have to blow to survive last night? Her lip synching has always been atrocious, her drag mother look terrible and didn't even give any performance to speak of. At least Pandora and Litter box looked good and put on a show. Jeesh!

How fab did Ru look in the purple feather ensemble?
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

SheWolf wrote:Glad you started this thread MM coz I had so much to say about last night's episode, it was my favorite so far. I laughed so flippin hard. The drag mothers were rough to say the least but I was impressed by how good most of them looked when transformed. Though Tatiana is the prettiest queen Raven is my favorite. Who did Jujubee have to blow to survive last night? Her lip synching has always been atrocious, her drag mother look terrible and didn't even give any performance to speak of. At least Pandora and Litter box looked good and put on a show. Jeesh!

How fab did Ru look in the purple feather ensemble?

Ive watched maybe half of one episode of this but I came in here just to read what you all are saying about it....

I couldnt help but crack up at all the names in one paragraph.... :lol:

Jujubee? Litterbox? :shock:... gross :lol:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 pm

cj, they had drag moms - older gay activists in their 50s and 60s that the girls had to do up in similar drag and do a dance performance with. Litter Boxx was Pandora Boxx's "drag mom".

Juju sucks at lip-synching, but she has that "it" factor. So much charisma. And she beat Pandora at lip-synch. Pandora never let loose.

The judges were also ambivalent about Shanell last season, but Shanell just went for broke and was herself and ended up fourth - and in a nice twist, she shows up on those Absolut ads where much-hated 3rd place winner Rebecca Glasscock didn't.

I loved how Debbie Reynolds and Cloris Leachman had even RuPaul speechless and laughing.

I <3 this show soooo much. My favorites are Juju and Raven. But Tyra has a streak of crazy that's mightily entertaining, too. I'm pretty much over Tati. Although the wheelchair was a WIN.

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

I think Jujubee's makeup is always too much, the way she does her nose makes it look like she smudged coal all over it and she did the same with her drag mother who just looked like a wreck.

I wish Santino had more screen time.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:32 pm

SW, have you seen the first season? They didn't have two celebrity special guests all the time, so there was more Santino time. And on the reunion special, did he ever have it out with Shanell! Whoo.

But I like that both he and Merle got their own Absolut ad! And Rebecca Glasscock (3rd place last season), AFAIK, didn't!

But I'm liking Raven - she's like Shanell with a clue. And I'm a Juju fan, but yeah, she was kind of a hot mess last week. Still, I think she out-played Pandora on the lipsynch.

And I like how Tyra and "Big Tyra" were coordinated and dancing together. That was so cute!

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 pm

I didn't see the first season and I looked to see if it was available to rent but it's not. If you know where I can watch it let me know.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm

You can watch it online at Logotv.com

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:21 pm

ooooh thanks.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby DangerMouse » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:40 am

I luv this show ! I think Ongina was robbed in Season 1; and since Pandora Boxx is no longer in the running I am team Jujubee all the way :D I totally hate Tyra cause she seems to forget it is DRAG ! (supposed to be fun) I am just shocked that some of these queens are not really good at stichin'; kinda sad :cry: since you can not be fabulous when all of your stuff is off the rack.

My one big critique is that they need to get rid of that Santino guy (he IMHO has absolutely terrible taste) BTW does he have any real credentials besides losing on Project Runway ? This season they seem to be forgetting drag should be fun and over the top and there is no such thing as too much make-up :P

PS: Litter Boxx is the Best Drag Name !!!! (even though he was totally trying to pick up Pandora Boxx...awkward ! )
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:46 pm

DangerMouse wrote:My one big critique is that they need to get rid of that Santino guy

Blasphemy! Yes he is majorly underused on Drag Race but he's a fabulous personality.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Logo is running a marathon of the first season today and interlacing some of the first season eps in with the second season during the week.

I am TiVoing them all. I love seeing Ongina and Nina Flowers again! And Shannel!

And while Ongina was my fave, I saw Bebe walk in on the first show, and well, I though "she will be the one to beat."

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:43 pm

They are repeating the whole season this week.

The clip and outtakes show looks amazing, and Shannel, Ongina and Bebe comment on this season's girls. Of all of these, I think only Raven has the skills to play in their league. I'm betting she's going to take it all.

Tatiana going? That was most predictable thing this season. It is interesting to see Juju and Raven form an alliance! And when did Tyra start coming into her own? Wow! She looked good last night, and okay, I choked up when she talked about her son.

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Sahara Davenport appears in this slight, but funny video on interviewing skills:
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/04/1 ... ence-drag/

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Next

Return to General