It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:01 am

Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Ok, this thread is to discuss Dexter and there will be spoilers- out in the open, lol! So if you haven't watched and don't want to be spoiled....don't go any further. :)

I just watched S4, ep.7- "Slack Tide."

Wow. Another great episode even if it feels like they're slooooowing down where Trintiy is concerned.

I have a few questions.....do you think Trinity knows who "Kyle" really is? Don't you think he should be a bit more suspicious of why this Kyle dude keeps showing up? Why did he make a coffin?

Ooooo, when Quinn followed Dexter to that club I about died. I wonder when/how Dex will confront him about it? Poor Quinn doesn't know what happened to the last cop who started following Dex around! (Even if he wasn't the one to actually kill him, we know he would've.)
If he finds out that Farrow hung out at that place and now he's gone? He might put 2 + 2 together. Quinn's days might be numbered....

Is Harry starting to annoy anyone else? He's around a bit too much this season, imo. And hmmm....didn't expect him to have been the horn-dog they're portraying back when he was a cop.

I was very surprised at Dexter destroying his mothers' file. Will Deb be able to find her again, I wonder? I noticed that when he pulled her pic out of the shredder, her prisoner number was still visible, hmmm. :)

Rita really is an idiot. If Tom said he was going out to do "stuff" at night on a regular basis, I'd sooo be following him, lol. :lol:

Wonder how many eps until LaGuerta and Batista are back together again? I hope neither of them ends up off the show....Quinn and Rita are the only ones I wouldn't miss.

Ok, let's hear some more! We didn't talk about last week's ep....

The preview for next week made me :o :shock:
Last edited by LauraK on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Tonight's the Night....to talk Dexter

Postby bibliaddict » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 pm

I scrolled past your post to avoid spoilers, and I'll be watching the episode tonight on the DVR, so I'll comment when I've seen it. I just LOVE Dexter and it's a weekly ritual to watch with my neighbor while emptying a bottle of wine!
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Yay! 8) I miss watching it with my hub, but I watch it online and he's not really into rolling his chair in here and watching it like this, lol.

He knows I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD and we'll do a marathon viewing session. When S1 came out, he grudgingly agreed to watch. Then at the end of each episode he'd say "I guess we can watch the next one..." trying to act all nonchalant, lol! :D He loves it, too.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh man...I just had an awful thought! Trinity seems really off and unstable, huh? I wonder if he's building coffins for his family?? His wife is a mother of 2, after all......but then how would he bludgeon himself? :hrm:
Uck, just a creepy thought...
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:19 am

I'm not sure it is a coffin Laura. It doesn't seem big enough to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Also it seemed very square. It looks coffin like by one camera angle. Just like a big box in another.

I know that preview for next week!! :shock:

I could do without the love story between LaGuerta and Baptista. I'd rather they both stay on the show, but the romance story is sort of unnecessary to me

Harry is getting on my nerves. Go into the freakin light already Harry!

Rita is getting less on my nerves this episode. Why does she always seem like she's walking around on vodka and valium? I think a shot of red bull would do more for their relationship than therapy.

Not sure what Quinn is thinking following Dexter to the club. If he keeps it up, it doesn't bode well, for him...we'd be fine I'm sure. I doubt anyone would miss Quinn. Reporter girlfriend getting on the nerves a bit as well. Wasn't she on a clear-a-sil comercial?

That scene with the deer is interesting. Trinity seems kind of fragile for a murderer. Definately unstable. I don't think he knows who Kyle is yet. Maybe it's just some sort of unexplained attraction. What did you make of his reaction over the chainsaw? He freaked out!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Laura!! Have you watched last night episode yet!?

I feel like so much was revealed this last episode but then so many more questions came up.
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 am

Me too. Interesting episode.

Waits for Dexter talk... :waiting: hehe
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:27 am

haha I know! We can't discuss without Laura! :)
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby LauraK » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 am

Yes!! :lol:

I think it was indeed a coffin, intended for himself after he'd committed suicide.

So....why did he decide it was time to end it all? Do you think that was really the last of his sister's ashes? :hrm:

It should be interesting to see what happens next, once he realizes how much he's revealed to Dexter and how little was actually revealed to him by "Kyle." Now that he thinks Kyle was sent by God to save him, will he feel indebted to his savior or want to get rid of him??
(Wait'll he finds out who he actually is!)

And Deb and Masuka's gun test was ridiculous. Like he couldn't have been aiming at them from a seated position in a car or a van?? Red herring...I still think it was Trinity. The only other choice for me is Quinn and he's atller than Vince, right?

(And really...the way Masuka's always leering at Deb, I didn't buy her whipping her blouse off in front of him. She could've lifted it and tied it at her midriff....) :roll:

Rita, you slut! Lol....so, is she going to get back at Dex for Lila now? At least Dex wasn't married to her when he slept with Lila....plus he only did so after she assumed he already had.
This would be a good way to get her out of the picture for a while....hehehe.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:32 am

Aw, you guys are sweet! :love: We all need to be here to talk Dexter! :hug:

:twisted:

(And anyone else who wants to jump in!)
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby onefeathertail » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:40 am

The only other choice for me is Quinn and he's atller than Vince, right?

Or maybe it's the reporter. She's suspicious at the best of times, and hey, it makes for a fantastic scoop.

Rita, you slut!

:lol:

Yeah, I think Debra is grasping at straws. She's a victim and is, justifiably, acting like one at times. She's a little all over the place. And really, stripping off in front of Masuka. Surely there was a classier was to handle the situation than that. Guy's a bit of a horn-bag.

The Trinity/Dexter tension is killing me. He's a psychologists nightmare. One minute I think I know where his mind's at and the next he's throwing me through a loop.
onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 am

Well I think it was the end of his sister's ashes AND the whole deer thing shook him up.. badly. Why I don't know.

I know! That's what I thought when I saw her take off her shirt. Whatever! :lol:
Okay do you remember when when Deb and Lundy were shot, they showed someone running away in black? I too thought that maybe it was Quinn. But then I go back and forth because it just doesn't seem to fit. I agree.. it probably is Trinity, because Lundy had gotten too close.

I also DO NOT like Quinn's stupid reporter girlfriend. Grr.. she gets my blood boiling! :twisted:

Yeah I don't know what's going on with stupid Rita. I know for sure that she irks the heck out of me. :x I hope she sleeps with the neighbor and Dexter catches her! Let Rita do some explaining for a change. But she'd probably find away to turn it around on poor Dexter again. :|
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby LauraK » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 am

feathertail, you may be on to something there. She's certainly shifty...

And you're dead-on with Trinity, brrr.....I kept thinking I knew how he'd act and then he'd go all nutty/quiet/angry/hyper/happy.

Oh, bgirl! How'd I miss someone running away?! :shock: Must re-watch!

Oh wait, I know....I watch Dexter on my 22" computer, lol. (and sometimes not on fullscreen!)

If Dex catches her cheating.....I dunno how he'd react. Remember his epiphany when he killed the cop. He wants his family. I wonder how he'd react...the tension is building and building....:D
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby onefeathertail » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:07 am

When I first saw the shooting I remember the first thing I thought was that the gloved hand was small and feminine. My first thought was that whoever it was was a woman. But it's possible Trinity has delicate hands? :hrm:

Rita, Rita, Rita. You're such an unlikable character.
onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 am

Oft- she is! And why oh why does she ALWAYS whisper??? :bang:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Next

Return to General