It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:09 pm

The thread of great happee!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: The thread of great happee!

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 am

Like DaMango I've not had anything exciting happen of late. Although a few weeks back I scored great seats to see John Simm (Life on Mars and other excellent acting stuffage) in Hamlet in October up in Sheffield at the Crucible. A good friend of mine is flying over from New York to spend a few weeks and we are having a weekend away together there seeing the production on two nights :D:D:D My first weekend, well, night even away from my son :worry:

Can I also say here I am enjoying my time on the forum and being able to have a bit of time to read and reply to threads. I've recently unsubscribed from all Conchords/Bret/Jemaine etc google and news alerts and a few other things so I am far less occupied with Conchords stuff for the first time in eons. Its feeling good to have scaled back as much as I have and to not have the worry with the main site and so on. And anything Conchords related I am doing is purely for pleasure and enjoyment rather than work. It feels good :purple:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby biscuit » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:06 am

DT: Yay for you!! :clap:

Sherry: I really enjoy seeing more of you in here! :nod: I know how weird it is spending a night away from your baby for the first time but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.:wink:

As for my happee; I'M HOOOOOOOOOME :D :woohoo: :D

We moved the rest of our stuff from the flat in the country back to our house last night. :whitey: And now we're off to the south for a two week seaside holiday. Double happee :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Sherry wrote:Although a few weeks back I scored great seats to see John Simm (Life on Mars and other excellent acting stuffage) in Hamlet in October up in Sheffield at the Crucible.

:shock: *dies of jealousy*

Sherry wrote:My first weekend, well, night even away from my son :worry:

Guys weekend at home! Are you worried more about you or the boy?

And welcome back, as simply Sherry the fan... :D

Biscuit: I'll bet it's good to be home. Congrats! And have a wonderful holiday. :) *dies of jealousy* When do you leave?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby biscuit » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm leaving tonight, after the Germany Argentina match :D

We'll make a pit stop at my parent's to pick up the boys and then we're off to the sea in the morning. 8)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Sherry wrote:Good for you DT :) Exciting for you :yay:

Be sure to let us know when its actually published :D Look forward to seeing your name in print (or are you using a pen name?)

I will! Thanks! And on the penname I'm not sure. I wrote on the blog under my deliriumtree nick. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it as deliriumtree or my real name. There's pro's and cons to both. I have a couple of months to decide though. Lots of time. :D

I'm glad you are getting to enjoy the forum again. That's a good thing!

Biscuit- Thank you! :D Glad you are home! I know you hated living in the country. Like Nonch I'm also jealous of your vacation. lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 am

Congrats DT!

Good to hear from you Sherry. Glad you are getting to enjoy the freedom and being a forum friend again.

And I wish I had some Canada cake right now. Any cake, really. Mmm, cake. Sorry I got distracted. :worry:

Mr. D and I just got back from a few days in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Good food. Beautiful sites. And then we went hiking in Bandelier National Monument. That sounds weird, but it was a cool place where there were Pueblos/cave dwellings in the mountains and rock formations. Very cool. Then we spent a day at Ojo Caliente, a resort type place with all different kinds of natural mineral springs. So relaxing. When we got home from the trip and picked up "my second daughter" from grandma's, she was so hyper, bouncing off the walls. Vacation over. But we had a nice time. :D
Deirdre

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:34 am

DT congrats from me too!

Biscuit, vacation yay!!! Seaside, cool. I find it interesting how we refer to the ocean side depending on where you live.

On west coast in US we say "beach", at the East coast we say going to the "shore"

No matter how you say it, you are gonna have a great time, something about the waves aahhh I too love it.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Is shore a northeastern thing? We said beach in the south, at least in Florida.

My happeee is that I got to meet up with some friends yesterday. One is a woman here in town I've met a few times now, including at the second FotC show in Amsterdam. She and I have been exchanging e-mails and such with a fellow American who's living in The Hague. His blog is hilarious and he's just as funny in person. Between all the recent visits from family and friends, last night was the first chance we've had to meet in person. It was wonderful and I had such a great time. They're both in the category of people I see becoming very good friends.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby curlisue » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 pm

DT Congratulations! You must be really pleased :D

Biscuit, hope you have fab time at the seaside, with lots of long sunny days and hot summer nights :wink:

My happee is getting an offer on our home (finally!), and having an offer accepted on a nice lttle seaside house in West Wemyss. All being well, we move at the end of next month. Conveniently, we move home on the first week back at work after the summer hols :doh:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence
curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Thank you Deidre, Ryche and Curliesue! I am pleased!

Oooh Santa Fe is a lot of fun! :D

I'm in NC and I call it the Beach too. :hrm:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:56 am

Yes I do think 'shore' is a PA, NJ, DE thing. I have grown up going to all three states beaches and always heard it called the shore.

Indigo- that is so cool. Meeting new people and having what you can call new friendships is precious and to be treasured.

I feel that way about our crazy weekend in LA-Vegas-LA over Memorial Day weekend. I met some WTFers in person and feel so connected and have the comfort of knowing I made new long term friends. Hey- guess that is another Happee! :wink:
ItsAllRyche

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:07 am

I've got a happee! Hubby got a promotion today - woohoo! This has been a LONG time in coming and he SO deserves it. I'm very, very proud of my P-Dogg! ;) :D :clap:
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby Deirdre » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 am

Congrats to P-Dogg :supz:
Deirdre

Postby Red » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 am

Congratulations to Mr. Suzy! That's wonderful! :D
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 am

That is a major Happee!! Let Mr. Suzy know we are all very proud, very proud indeed!
ItsAllRyche

PreviousNext

Return to General