What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Emafer
 Post subject: In My Dreams.....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:45 am 
---

I didn't see another dream thread started here but I thought that since there was one in the FOtheC section about Bret and Jemaine dreams that it would also be fun to have one here for any other random dream strangeness or lovliness or whatever.

OK, so this week, I dreamed that I was in some kind of period play where there were kings and queens of yore and such. But after the perfromance we were all going to some music festival. It took place in two different locations and half the cast was going to one location and the rest of the cast, the other. So becuase we were VIP's we could meet some of the band members if we wanted to. I DEMANDED to meet Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips. However, he was playing at the other location and I wanted someone to switch seats with me and all kinds of stuff just so I could meet Wayne Coyne. While AT this festival I ran into a bunch of other musicians I know and was all like "Big whoop, I see you guys all the freaking time, let's get some BBQ when we get home". Then I walked by the side of the stage while Beck was playing. He had on a purple metallic suit and I sad to someone "He is a SEXY little man."

Alright, that's enough of my freaky freaky dreams for now :D:D:D Please share yours or bring on any interpretations.

ItsAllRyche
 Post subject: Re: In My Dreams.....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:05 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

So Em, I wonder if the fact that there is a distinct color to the suit for Beck means anything. Do you like the Flaming Lips that much? Wayne I mean? Sometimes I dream of someone so remote then I end up thinking about him at a later date.

Case in point:

Monday night I had a dream about Sam Neill. (I was just flipping through channels and came across Jurassic Park for a bit, so I guess that is why).

Anyway, we had flown in an old plane that broke down, never saw us actually fly just that we landed and got out of a plane...and so we were looking for an old ww2 plane to fly to get out of town, what town I don't know, just deserty like Star Wars planet... But (this is the strangest part) he and I had a quick kiss before the evil double agent woman caught a glimpse. See, she would sabotage our plane if she knew we were a couple... but we never ended up even flying out, instead, I woke up. Sam Neill? I never thought of him once before this. So, I ended up googling him the next day...the influence of dreams is just amazing.

Emafer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am 
---

Hmmm, purple IS my favorite color. I have no idea. I do love Flaming Lips but I don't listen to them every day and I think that Wayne Coyne is a hottie but it's not often in the front of my mind.

Innnnteresting dream. Sounds like an action packed night. I like that you and Sam had to sneak a quick kiss.

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm 
Stop touching the monkeys

Well not for the fact it is Sam. He is spokesman for some crazy cruel butcher 'em up meat producers. :twisted: I wish is was someone else....

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 am 
---

OK, somehow it took me until 9pm to remember my dream from last night starring Mr. Clement.

We're at some function, not really sure. Im with a friend and we have our cameras ready to get our huggy pics....

We spot Jem, he greets us all friendly like and we make some small talk. I take a pic of my friend with him and then its my turn....I ask for a "hug picture" and he looks down at me with this look on his face like "how? you're soo short!"

Now this is where my watching the video of Bret singing "short people" 100 times the other day comes in...

Jemaine squats down, wraps his arms around me and stands up, taking me with him! Im incredibly embarrased and feel like Im gonna faint....my friend snaps the pic and she and Jem are giggling hysterically at the whole thing.

He puts me down and asks if he embarrassed me. I tell him, "YES! And you're lucky I didnt wrap my legs around you! I might not have let you go!" :D

Next thing I know my husband is asking me why Im laughing and why my face is all RED!

Jinnerz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:32 am 
New arrival

that's a great dream. i never seem to remember my fotc dreams, except that I wake up laughing and shaking my head. that's how I know. ha.

ItsAllRyche, your dream made me remember that a long time ago I had some strange dream in which Sam Neill was a bad guy, and he's definitely not someone you'd expect to dream about. you wake up going "where the heck did that come from??" I don't even ever remember he exists until Jurassic Park goes on tv once in a while, and he kicks some dino butt. ooo and as a sidenote, i love Jeff Goldblum. such a strange, awesome man.

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 am 
Can Attack!

Great dreams!

closet Jem, there's a thread for Conchords dreams over here
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1425&start=435

Post it over there, it will fit in great! It's hysterical!

I am bike-cheese!

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 am 
---

oopsy! sorry :oops:

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 pm 
Can Attack!

no problem! They need a dream in there, nobody's posted in several weeks!

I am bike-cheese!

thestray
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:05 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

I only just recently got into Lost. I didn't watch it when it first came out because I wasn't able to start from the beginning. Now that they've got seasons 1 - 4 on Hulu I've been OBSESSED, haha. And I frequently have dreams about it. In my most recent dream I'm Jack, and me and a bunch of the other survivors find a new "hatch". It's very spacious inside, like a huge warehouse or plane hangar, and there are about 14 2-story buildings inside. There are no lights apparently. We snoop around, and we discover there are vampires in the houses, they attack us, but we have guns, so we're able to kill them easily. For hours we'd take turns in groups going in and killing vampies so that we can live in the homes once we've killed them all. We discover a vampire that looks exactly like Sawyer for some reason which really confuses us (especially the "real" Sawyer). Vampire Sawyer grabs Kate and flies off into the night. I suddenly wake up and I'm like "$#*+!! I've got to go back to sleep so I can save Kate." when my sleep confusion wears off I realize how stupid that thought was, haha.

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 am 
---

haha...No matter how many times we all try to get back to sleep and continue a dream....it never seems to happen...

thestray
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 pm 

Had one of the worst nightmares I'd ever had in my life last night. Had too much Dexter on the brain, haha. I dreamed my younger brother 21yrs old, whom I share an apartment with, had gotten in an argument with and then killed an innocent woman in our apartment. Shot her right in the head, I was in the other room. He wanted my help covering it up, but I refused, obviously I was horrified that my brother could do this. I snuck away and called the police. And I came back and my brother was just acting like nothing ever happened, he tried to talk to me but I told him he's not my brother anymore. I was really hurt. There are few things I can imagine being worse than someone you've practically spent your whole life with and love doing something evil. I also felt like maybe if I had been a better big brother maybe he'd never have done it. It was just a terrible feeling. Then I woke up. I was so relieved and so happy, haha. I was so grateful that my brother was in the other room and NOT a murderer haha, that I made him some eggs for breakfast (he loves my eggs, he always begs me to make them but I rarely do because I'm lazy). I usually make him trade me a favor to make him eggs, haha.

Oddly I kind of like nightmares more than I like fantasies. At least with nightmares I wake up and it makes me appreciate my reality. But when I have fantasies I wake up like "Ah crap, back to REAL life!"

LauraK
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:17 am 
Boom King!

Quote:
with nightmares I wake up and it makes me appreciate my reality. But when I have fantasies I wake up like "Ah crap, back to REAL life!"

:nod: I love nightmares, when I have one. As long as it's some crazy horror-movie thing, that is.
I had one once when Jacob was quite young, where these people came and they were "taking him back." Like he was never ours to begin with. It was HORRIBLE. I woke up crying.

That was a bad nightmare for sure! You must've felt great when you realized it wasn't real.....*WHEW!* Did you tell him about it?

Loved the LOST/vampire dream, lol. That'd be awesome.

thestray
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:58 am 

Yeah I told him about it, he was just quiet, I think it freaked him out, haha.

LauraK
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:00 pm 
Boom King!

Last night (or this morning) I dreamed that me, eejm, jillbean, SW, CJ, Amanda, Kelly, Nancy, nonch, and I don't know how many others all moved in to this huge building. I don't know if it was an apt or a house, just that it had many rooms and we all brought our furniture and belongings and started picking out rooms. I took one with a little bathroom attached and there were windows looking out onto the building next door.

We were all getting settled, making beds, putting books on shelves, ect and then I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked out the window, and directly across from me I saw Jemaine in his bathroom, lighting up a cigarette! :shock: :o

I ran to the next room and Em and Lori were there and I told them to look out the window, quick! They did and were as shocked as I was- not sure if it was just because he was there or because he was smoking. :lol:

I recall thinking to myself in the dream that he must not smoke much since we never had seen him do it in public and then I wondered what his wife thought of it....

Then there was a bit of a commotion and someone was coming into the room with an old-fashioned pram. It was Mrs. JC and though it was odd that she'd come up to our living space it seemed perfectly natural, almost like she'd come in to shop around, lol. Everyone was chatting away and being quite friendly, no mention of Jemaine or the baby was made that i could tell......maybe we didn't want her to know that we knew of them in any way, lol..... and the next thing I knew, she was gone and there were she and Jemaine in that bathroom window across the way! :lol:

Makes no sense whatsoever but it was a bit of a fun dream....it lasted a while, though it's hard to describe. Like a laid-back meetup just enjoying everyone being together and then the "Oooooh" feeling of Jemaine being just across the street, lol, and how could we meet him?