The London 2012 Olympic Games!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

Re: The London 2012 Olympic Games!

Postby Venus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:43 pm

There, there, SW. Totally understandable why you're feeling bitter about the gymnastics coverage. Lol, love the nicknames you've got for the gmynasts, SW. How can NBC not show coverage of the rings? :puzzled: When I went to see the men's gymnastics live, they showed a short video clip explaining rings as an apparatus and how the men hold up to 10 times their body weight whilst on the rings. Very impressive. Hope NBC's athletics coverage fares better for you.

Haha, I bet the Kiwis are loving the fact that they are currently ahead of Australia in the medal table, H! Australia have won tons of silver medals which is still really good but gold counts for more. ;) The competition has been fierce in the swimming events which Australia has usually relied on when it comes to winning gold medals but all's not over for them yet in other events.

After you mentioned her, I watched Elizabeth swim in the heats and she is very talented, Nancy. Well done to her for winning silver and bronze. :)

You'll be happy to know 4ever (& SW :P ) that Sir Paul McCartney went to watch GB win gold at the velodrome and this caused an improptu sing along to "Hey Jude" just a few minutes ago!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57 pm

*Runs to go stream the events NBC will show tonight!!!* :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Great H » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:15 am

Oh how those Aussie love to taunt us! This, from the Sydney Morning Herald, is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks...

Thanks for the laugh Australia! :bounce: :roll2:
This is almost as good as when they tried to claim our All White's goal in the World Cup! :shock: :lol:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Haha, yes I've seen news about AUSZEALAND floating around online. :lol: I bet they ditched that idea as soon as Australia started winning more gold medals. ;) Kiwis have had their fair share of drama and controversy during the Games including the BBQ fire at Kiwi House (luckily no one was hurt!) and an athlete from Belarus being stripped of her gold medal in shotput after failing a drugs test so Valerie Adams from NZ has been awarded a gold medal. :D But as well as all the drama, the NZ Olympic Team done really well. It's great that NZ managed to achieve only one less gold medal than Australia.

Over the weekend, a bunch of Kiwi athletes jumped on my train. They were wearing their ID badges so I took note of their names and looked them up. Turns out they were from the NZ women's "Black Sticks" hockey team who finished 4th at the Games. :)

It feels quite weird not having the Olympics on anymore. I'm glad things ran smoothly and I had lots of fun helping out. I'm looking forward to the Paralympics in a couple of weeks time now!
&
Venus

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 am

Venus wrote:It's great that NZ managed to achieve only one less gold medal than Australia.

:lol: :thumb: *awards gold medal for Backhanded Compliments to Venus* :adoration:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Venus » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

:roll2: Thanks, mock! :adoration: :P
&
Venus

Previous