What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:34 pm 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Good things come to those who wait
Good things come to those who wait infinity :pray:

chileanconchord
 Post subject: Re: Q & A wotsit thing. A bit about it first
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am 
New arrival

Do the Conchords actually visit and read this forum??? (sorry if that's a stupid question!!, i'm a newbie!) . If that's true GREETINGS FROM CHILE GUYS!!! you are awesome!!

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 am 
Professional Blonde

chileanconchord wrote:
Do the Conchords actually visit and read this forum??? (sorry if that's a stupid question!!, i'm a newbie!) . If that's true GREETINGS FROM CHILE GUYS!!! you are awesome!!

The guys have been known to visit the forum and main site ;) I try not to make a big deal out of it and therefore we don't really talk about them visiting here too much. They've known about the site since it went live and have been very kind to me over the years :)

chileanconchord
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:52 am 
New arrival

Sherry wrote:
chileanconchord wrote:

The guys have been known to visit the forum and main site ;) I try not to make a big deal out of it and therefore we don't really talk about them visiting here too much. They've known about the site since it went live and have been very kind to me over the years :)

That's great that you keep it that way. I know that you must be proud that the boys became finally a big thing now!. Back in 2002 that probably seemed impossible, so that's really cool.

Since we are in the Q & A section i'd like to ask something for the boys (well maybe some people here would know):

Since i'm a musician myself i'm very curious about their musicianship. I know the Conchords play instruments and make their own music but the arrangements most of the time are a completely different deal and requires professional musicians. I was wondering if the boys studied music in university or do they have a whole staff helping them on orchestrations, midis, sound editing, etc.

I've heard some orchestrations in their songs using classical instruments which most of the time requires people who can write and read scores. And also there are many "electronic" sequences that often requires softwares that are some times complex to use.

So i just want to know how do they deal with all that stuff and if they have any formal musical training.

thanks!!, see ya!

Sherry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 am 
Professional Blonde

The Q&A was a one off thing so don't expect the guys to answer this.

IIRC Bret is the more musical one and they met a Uni. Bret was studying English and music and Jemaine drama and theatre. But both quit before they finished their courses.

As for do they have the know how, I guess so. Bret was in a band for years and also likes the electronic sound and went that route for his own album. So he's not unfamiliar with studios. Neither is Jemaine though :p For Folk The World they had local musicians/friends join them on stage for the live songs. Not sure who did the arrangements but would guess that the musicians themselves contributed to ideas for what would work with their resepective sections (ie wind) so the arrangements would work.

Also Bret plays keyboards and drums and a few other things IIRC. Jemaine only plays guitar and more recently bass.

Hope that helps. Don't have time to write more due to baby crying .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3