It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:26 pm

Jemaine's bit

Bret and Jemaine or Jemaine and Bret answer your questions. Rhys/Brian also gets some webtime

Jemaine's bit

Postby Sherry » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:03 pm

The first four questions were popular ones asked by a few people.
I put them to both the guys and their answers are in the appropriate thread :D

Enjoy 8)

JEMAINE'S BIT

What song have you played most frequently on your iPod (or
equivalent music-playing device)in the past week?

J: Agua De Marco (The Waters Of March) Susannah McCorkle.

What is your favourite Conchords song?

J: Busdriver's Song

What do you like to do with your free time? Hobbies, other work
projects, sleeping?

J: Claymation. Although I wish I could say something cooler like
hang-gliding, snowboarding or sado-masochism.

Your Fan Q's

EvilMoose asks:
Are there any comedians you admire?

J: Yes, plenty. Mitch Hedberg (USA), Bill Bailey (UK)and Sugar & Spice (NZ) are among my favourites.

FluffyBlonde asks:
What qualities do you most admire in your friends and others with whom
you associate? Which qualities do you like the least?

J: I admire generosity. Whether they're generous with their time, effort or biscuits.
I don't like people who complain about other people. Like Bret for instance. Just Joking

Tell us about your family. Do you have many siblings? Are you the
oldest? Youngest?

J: I am the eldest of three brothers.

And a little something for the ladies: What qualities does your ideal woman posses?

J:Sense of humour is high up there. I am a sucker for a woman who can make me laugh when I first meet her,
and later on in a relationship, after you've been together a long time it can really help you through tougher times.

Ellen asks:
At about what age did you start doing vocal impressions, and what kinds of voices or accents do you find to be the most challenging?

J: I used to copy the voices on the TV from about the age of 9 till I was about 17. I don't think of myself as a good impersonator though.
I can do a couple of voices. I know people who are a lot better at it than I am.

specialkay asks:
Will you both list at least 5 of your most favourite things?
(without any funny business you two!) to be specific I want foods, music genres,
what you like to do in your spare time to relax what's your fav colour, surprise me now with a fav.......

J: Band: The Phoenix Foundation ----> The Phoenix Foundation
Colour: Vermillion
General Ethnic Food Group: Mexican
Relaxation: Watching movies
Sport: Squash

Who has been the biggest influence in your lives; inspiring your choice of career choice the most and why?

J: I remember at about 11 watching the show 'Blackadder' starring Rowan Atkinson and being so amazed by how much it made me laugh.
I thought 'I want to do something like that'

Courtney Ann N asks:
Where did Jemaine purchase his 'deer in the moonlight' t-shirt for the One Night Stand performance?
(My friends and I thought it looked similar to some of the t-shirts we've seen for sale in gas stations)

J: I bought that from a vintage T-Shirt store in New York. I thought it was pretty funny, and thought 'who would wear something like that'?
After I wore it on the show I started noticing that a lot of Americans wear stuff like that.

Andria asks:
Is there anything you can't do that you wish you could?

J: Most things.

indigo_jones asks:
Death is not an option. Which group would you rather be in: Loverboy or New Kids on the Block?

J: Loverboy never achieved the elusive goal of every American entertainer, popular success in New Zealand.
In fact I have no idea who they are. Therefore I would rather be in Loverboy. I like their band name too.

What is the nickname you secretly wished you were called?

J: Snake-hips

conchordgirl asks:
Questions for Jemaine:

What is Jemaine's birthday?

January 10

Does it bother him that girls on the forum want to kiss him?

I love it. Naturally.

What would he like to accomplish in his lifetime (the ultimate)?

I don't mind too much, as long as what I'm doing is interesting and that I am enjoying life.

Amaria asks:
You have some really wicked shirts. Where do you shop, man?

J: I like going to second hand shops in small towns.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:15 am

The best question, by far, was the " Loverboy" vs. "New Kids on the Block" one. I laughed so hard, my dog left the room in disgust! Can anyone deny they wouldn't want to see Jemaine dressed in those tight red leather trousers and that cheesy headband the lead singer of Loverboy always wore? :roll2: I'm laughing again. Still it was the right answer. The New Kids were so bad.

And, January 10 is his birthday. I have no idea if that means he's an Aquarius or a Capricorn. Anybody know? If he's a Capricorn, he's certainly an atypical one. Every Capricorn man I've ever met has made me think it should be spelled CaPRICKorn. But, obviously, Jemaine goes against type, unless he's an Aquarius, in which case, he would be typical.

I also think Claymation is a very cool hobby! Hang-gliding sounds more exciting than it really is. (I tried it once, and unless I missed an important part of the experience, it was both deadly dull and life-threatening at the same time. Stupid and pointless.) I think, though I'm not really sure, the sado-masochism thing was a joke... :shock: But, just in case... Jemaine, this is for you -- :whip:

Gets his clothes from vintage shops (how cute is that?) And generosity and a good sense of humor rank high with him.

Just as I thought... the man's a Prince. :heart:
Last edited by Kate on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby specialkay » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:20 am

I feel like a little kid under the Christmas tree!! :love: :bounce: :heart:
:party: :dance: :heart: :yay: :heart: :bounce:
Yes, Kate, he is a PRINCE...our Prince Charming!
And...he is inspired by Blackadder? How brilliant! and the Mexican food too, I suspected as much :wink:
So, we don't have to wonder about the Birthday question anymore ladies *lol* He's a Capricorn!! (not that means anything really) hee,hee
I love the second-hand store thing..that is like a treasure hunt. You should try it if you have not already, you are missing out on 'lost treasure' :lol:

He is just as wonderful and dreamy as I thought him to be! :yawinkle:
Last edited by specialkay on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~
specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:28 am

:sombrero: I do great Mexican food, too! :sombrero:
Kate

Postby Sherry » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:41 am

Kate wrote:
And, January 10 is his birthday. I have no idea if that means he's an Aquarius or a Capricorn. Anybody know? If he's a Capricorn, he's certainly an atypical one. Every Capricorn man I've ever met has made me think it should be spelled CaPRICKorn. But, obviously, Jemaine goes against type, unless he's an Aquarius, in which case, he would be typical.

I also think Claymation is a very cool hobby! Hang-gliding sounds more exciting than it really is. (I tried it once, and unless I missed an important part of the experience, it was both deadly dull and life-threatening at the same time. Stupid and pointless.) I think, though I'm not really sure, the sado-masochism thing was a joke... :shock: But, just in case... Jemaine, this is for you -- :whip:

Hehe, when I saw this and other comments, I did wonder how many ladies are checking out online their starsign compatibility ratings *right now* :lol: :lol:

And love the Miss Whiplash look you have going on Kate :shock:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:51 am

Sherry wrote:And love the Miss Whiplash look you have going on Kate :shock:

It's not my thing (I don't even kill bugs), but if that's what he likes, well, I'll close my eyes and think of England...... :roll2:

Oh, Jemaine..... :whip: (And I can cook Mexican!)

:lol:
Kate

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:00 am

Just checked... He's a Saggitarius! (Just like me!) Who knew?

Thank goodness! CaPRICKorns do not do well with the free spirit that is me! :roll2:
Kate

Postby specialkay » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:34 am

like i said kate, it would'nt matter hon, you are lovely and that's all that would matter! :wink:
signs? blah...what does it really mean anyway :roll2:
we should all get together and have him a big "FIESTA" with all the trimmings since i know you are quite the 'kitchen DIVA', as am i :waggle:
we could put on a heck of a feast and do it with all of us in our business time team ex. t-shirts! :eyelashes:
oh, sorry, carried away again... :thump: excuse kay...i will leave now... :oops:
Last edited by specialkay on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~KAREN~
specialkay

Postby Gayle » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:37 am

Kate wrote:Just checked... He's a Saggitarius! (Just like me!) Who knew?

Thank goodness! CaPRICKorns do not do well with the free spirit that is me! :roll2:

But if he's born Jan. 10th, how can he be a Sagitarius? I'm a Sag too and I think he is a Capricorn. Sag ends at the end of December. Don't want to burst anyones bubble tho.....
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby conchordgirl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:41 am

:D

I almost started crying reading that he liked Mitch Hedburg..I cried and was so depressed for a week when I found out he had died. :(

(I also think he is a capricorn..and it would be jemaine to break the string of bad capricorns..he is unique!)

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson
conchordgirl

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:49 am

specialkay wrote:like i said kate, it would'nt matter hon, you are lovely and that's all that would matter! :wink:
signs? blah...what does it really mean anyway :roll2:

True enough! Signs, be damned! :lol:

Saggitarius men are just so sweet, socially conscious, and deeper than most. I like that. *sigh*

:love:
Kate

Postby Gayle » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:51 am

conchordgirl wrote:Image

:D

I almost started crying reading that he liked Mitch Hedburg..I cried and was so depressed for a week when I found out he had died. :(

(I also think he is a capricorn..and it would be jemaine to break the string of bad capricorns..he is unique!)

--Nicole

It would be lovely for Jemaine to break the mold...

Seriously tho.... I don't want to burst anyone's bubble. What does it matter what he is? What we have seen so far is that he is a real, lovely person. That is the most important bit, eh? He has a tremendous sense of humor and it's his personable sensibility that makes him universally appealin. It's little wonder he is so popular!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Kate » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:51 am

Uh, Nicole, Jemaine is a Saggitarius!
Kate

Postby Ellen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:11 am

Thanks Jemaine, for answering our questions!

And, uh, can we stop bashing Capricorns now? :tears: I'm a Capricorn. Granted, I'm not a guy, nor do I know any male Capricorns, but, geez, way to discriminate, sisters. My birthday is Jan. 11. I sh*t you not. Mark your calendars, peeps! Okay, you don't really have to.
Ellen

Postby specialkay » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:17 am

okay, loves...i just found that J is a Capricorn. He shares the B-day with Pat Benatar and writer William James, just thought this would be interesting... :) and his stone is black onyx
*you all can call me the freaky perfectionist* :lol:
had to resolve this
kiss,kiss :bighug:
~KAREN~
specialkay

Next

Return to Exclusive Q & A session with Flight of The Conchords