What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Sherry
 Post subject: Q & A here on WTF! with F o The C
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:54 am 
Professional Blonde

Exclusive news here first! Cool beans and wootiness! I am finally able to share my plotting with you all :) And yes, you read that correctly. Flight of The Conchords are going to brave a Q & A with their fans 8)

Bret and Jemaine have very kindly agreed to help me celebrate What The Folks! up and coming 3rd birthday (yes its been that long) and will answer some questions posed by fans here on What The Folk! At the moment we are still working out how/where they will reply. More details on that to come later.

Firstly though we need you, the fans, Conchordians, fellow admirers, yes you, to ponder and pose, agonise and debate over what exactly you wish to ask of them. That burning Q you would like an answer to. Of Bret or Jemaine or F o The C. Its up to you.

I'd like to keep it simple, so ALL questions to be submitted by email or PM only please. By all means talk about the possibilities here amongst yourselves in this thread :D But no questions here please. Depending on the amount submitted and if some people ask the same Q, I shall condense and compile and send them on to the guys sometime at the end of next week. Closing date for questions will be Sunday 23 October.

What are you waiting for? :stick: *Hears total silence for a nanosecond then much squealing around the world*

:D 8) :lol: :D :lol: 8)

Amaria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:08 am 
Half a shapely halibut

Wow, that's brilliant.

They really are quite decent guys, aren't they?

Spammy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:23 am 
Giving the paper to the people

Would touring questions be a no-no? On behalf of all those wondering :D

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:02 am 
Professional Blonde

Spammy wrote:
Would touring questions be a no-no? On behalf of all those wondering :D

Ask what you will :) I'd say touring is fair game. All I will say is I hope people will keep it clean :shock:

I cannot say for sure which of the questions posed the guys will answer. If asked, it stands a good chance of being put to the guys and them replying.

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:10 am 
Professional Blonde

Amaria wrote:
Wow, that's brilliant.

They really are quite decent guys, aren't they?

Yeah it is, and yeah they are 8)

I'm chuffed the guys have said yes to this and people will get the chance to read what the guys have to say, in their own words. Its cool they are able to be accessible to their fans in this way.

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:20 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Wow. :shock: I read that and the earth shook!

Okay... I have to think of a good question to ask, now. Oh, the pressure. :wink:

Sherry, you are a doll-and-a-half for arranging this! And, itis quite a feather in your cap! *a big hug* from me to you.

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:35 pm 
Professional Blonde

Kate wrote:
Wow. :shock: I read that and the earth shook!

Okay... I have to think of a good question to ask, now. Oh, the pressure. :wink:

Only one? :shock:

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:39 pm 

You mean, I get more than one? Well, that takes the pressure off slightly.... but,

Whoa! :D

conchordgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:30 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Kate is right..Oh the pressure! I am excited and nauseous at the same time..and it feels great! :D
Thank you Sherry for putting this together and please thank the guys for being so conchordtastic!

--Nicole

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:47 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

As has been said ... Oh! The pressure!

But, as has also been said ... Thank you so much for setting this up, Sherry! A big virtual hug for you and for the guys for agreeing to do this.

I'm suspecting Sherry may have poked them with her pointy stick until they agreed to do this. :D

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen
 Post subject: The Forum has its perks...big time.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:21 pm 

It's really great of you and The Guys to take the time to do this, Sherry. Can't wait to read the finished Q & A.

conchordgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:33 pm 

Ok,guys..what are we going to ask? What do you guys want to know? Let's see..we've got.. influences, favorites (music,movies,etc.), song-writing process, personal :shock: questions..
hmm...*thinking hard* :puzzled:

--Nicole

Amaria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:23 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Who wants to ask how the imaginary children are doing? ;)

Or the imaginary wife? Cause if Bret and the missus are having rough times and are on the verge of separating, I'm sure someone will want to ask if they can take her place?

A good Q+A just isn't the same without a "Will you marry me?" I say. Now who volunteers to take on that task? ;)

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:40 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Quote:
A good Q+A just isn't the same without a "Will you marry me?" I say. Now who volunteers to take on that task?

I will sacrifice myself and volunteer to propose to Bret to save the rest of you from having to do it. Oh, the things I do for you all! hee!

I'm still trying to think up some good questions. I've been pondering it all day.

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:53 pm 

With the number of admirers Jemaine has here, maybe someone could ask him what he thinks of the concept of keeping a Harem. :lol:

"Thank you ladies. You didn't have to say that... :wink:"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next