It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 am

Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee May 11th

Conchords gig listings, booking info, news, reviews and discussion

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt, Venus

Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee May 11th

Postby Andria » Sun May 11, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm leaving to head down to Milwaukee in a couple of hours. :D I'll be sure to report when I get back. Is anyone else going?
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Whambi » Sun May 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Count me in. You know how they say to check back for tickets right before a show, well tickets.com had a better seat than the ones I have in Chicago, that are far, far right, in front of a speaker, so I'm making the 2 1/2 hour trek. Looking forward to a great show!
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Andria » Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 am

Just got back from the show - phew, a long day, but the show was awesome! Arj Barker opened and was hilarious, I must say. :D He hung around after the show in the lobby, too. Very amiable.

Conchords set list:
Robots
Jenny
Think about it
Ex-Girlfriends Song
Prince of Parties
Business Time
Mother *uckers
I'm Not Crying
Bus Driver's Song
Albi
Kissing
Hiphop v. Rhyme...
Freaky
Bowie

1st Encore:
Bret You've Got It Going On
Angels

2nd Encore:
Inner City Pressure

We also hung around after the show (in the cold and wind...brr...) and the guys came out a little after 11:30. There were about 40-50 people hanging around at that point, but it was still pretty hectic. We did get a couple photos and got our albums signed, thus I am content. 8)

There were Camera Nazis at this show too, and I didn't want my camera taken away for the duration of the show (if caught), so I didn't get any pictures. Such is life....I'm not complaining! ;)

I also got to meet Whambi (hello!!) and editorgirrrl, which was fun. Now, off to collapse in happy exhaustion.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Whambi » Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Oh what a brilliant show!
Thanks for posting the set list Andria & nice meeting you after the show. It was chilly after the show, loved Bret's wooly tuque. I was happy to hear Bret say that they will release a deluxe version of the DVD probably with season two with many outtakes. He's says "we've got a lot of good ones". I can't wait.
Jemaine had to hush the crowd quite a few times. I'm glad they got the hint about a 1/3 of the way in. I can't remember after which song, but they had some funny banter about over dubs with Beyonce and Mary J. Blige and then Bret talked about his invisible wife and children. It was cool how they sat at the edge of the stage for Bret You've got it going on, yet were accomodating to the balcony folks when they couldn't see them down front so they scooted back...so accomodating! I know there's so much more to remember it's just all a blur now.
They sure were anti-photo taking at the show, even people with cell phone cameras were reprimanded immediately. I didn't dare take mine out.
Oh yeah it was really funny some heckler yelled out do Doggy Bounce and they said that's not our song yet they did start to play and sing some of it.
Oh what a great evening!!!!!
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 13, 2008 12:44 am

Whambi wrote:I was happy to hear Bret say that they will release a deluxe version of the DVD probably with season two with many outtakes. He's says "we've got a lot of good ones". I can't wait.
They sure were anti-photo taking at the show, even people with cell phone cameras were reprimanded immediately.

Thanks for the reports.
I'm happy to hear about outtakes coming out on DVD. You just know they are going to be fantastic.

It sucks that so many of the venues are so anti-photo. There was none of that in PA but my seats were too crappy to take good pics from anyway.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Riverside Theatre - Milwaukee May 11th

Postby H.... » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:15 pm

I think I need a SPAM REPORTER badge as well.

Anyway, I'll be glad to give them some more of my money! :rolleyes:
Throw us your potatoes!
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Whambi » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:29 pm

I thought I'd dust off this thread and cross-post two short meet and greet video clips from last year....they're very short, but like Tang, a little bit goes a long way

Bret's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPiY-ooxscw

Jemaine's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo02EkuO4s4
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:03 am

Here's an awfully cute one of Bret from the same gig (thanks for those gems Whambi, very Tang-like indeed.) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ARBKF1ZZh8
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.
ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Return to Conchords tours & gigs - All the info here