It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Sutton Foster

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years... it all goes here. Rhys Darby, Taika Waititi, Arj Barker, Nigel Collins et al

Moderator: Venus

Sutton Foster

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Sutton Foster Snags TV Pilot By Creator of "Gilmore Girls"
By Kenneth Jones
29 Sep 2011

Sutton Foster
Photo by Joseph Marzullo/WENN

Sutton Foster, the two-time Tony Award winner now tapping her heart out in Broadway's Anything Goes, will star in a pilot for ABC Family, her representatives confirmed.

"Bunheads," a proposed series by "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino has Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Shrek the Musical, The Drowsy Chaperone) playing a Las Vegas showgirl who marries and relocates to her husband's small town to work at her mother-in-law's dance studio.

The pilot will shoot in Los Angeles in November.

Foster's TV work includes guest appearances on "Flight of the Conchords," "Johnny and the Sprites" and NBC's "Law & Order: SVU."

In a 2010 interview with Playbill.com, commented on wanting to be an actress who works in various media, even though fans embrace her for her musical theatre turns.
"Labels of any sort are frustrating, but I guess I just want to be seen as an actress who can hopefully do many things," Foster said. "Musical theatre is acting with singing it...but it's all acting."

If someone offered her seven seasons on a new TV series, and it severely curtailed her chance to create new plays and musicals, would you go for it?

"It would depend on what the TV series was," she said in 2010. "If it was an awesome character in a show I really felt passionate about, then definitely. I just want to do projects that I like and feel strongly about. And so far that has been stage work. But if something came along my path and it was TV or film and it excited me — then sign me up."

Foster won Best Actress Tony Awards for Anything Goes and Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Source

An article about this also features in The Hollywood Reporter & LA Times.

Congrats to Sutton! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Sutton Foster

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Ex Vegas showgirl in a small town dance studio...could be fun. She is so adorable and talented. I hope it does well, (but that title is really bad). :lol:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 pm

It is a weird title. :lol:

Preview clips of Bunheads:

THE SCREENING ROOM: A First Look at ABC Family's "Bunheads," Starring Sutton Foster (Video)
By Michael Gioia
18 Apr 2012

ABC Family's "Bunheads," a dance-drama series starring Tony Award-winning Anything Goes star Sutton Foster, will make its debut June 11. Here is a first look at the series.

"Bunheads," from "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, has Foster playing a Las Vegas showgirl who marries and relocates to her husband's small town to work at her mother-in-law's dance studio. Foster's mother-in-law is played by fellow theatre veteran Kelly Bishop.

"I'm waiting for the world to see Sutton Foster," said creator Sherman-Palladino at ABC Family's upfront.

Foster, who has made guest appearances on the television series "Flight of the Conchords," "Johnny and the Sprites" and NBC's "Law & Order: SVU," won Tony Awards for Anything Goes and Thoroughly Modern Millie. She was nominated for her performances in Little Women, The Drowsy Chaperone and Shrek, and was also seen in Young Frankenstein, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Annie, Grease and Les Miserables.

To watch the first look at the series, look below:

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Squeeee. I am very excited, I just love Sutton Foster. :D
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan