It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:56 am

Miranda Manasiadis

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years... it all goes here. Rhys Darby, Taika Waititi, Arj Barker, Nigel Collins et al

Moderator: Venus

Miranda Manasiadis

Postby vmh » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Please be considerate of the forum rules and keep the discussion in here about her work and not about her personal life.

:thanks:

With that said, Miranda is back to work again. She's been rehearsing for a production of The Great Gatsby (running 31 July − 28 August at Circa Theatre). Tickets are currently on sale. If you're in Wellington, you should check it out. I would. I hear she's quite the stage actress.

For more info visit http://www.circa.co.nz.

If you're in NZ, she's doing an interview this morning.

Ray Henwood (old Nick Carraway) & Miranda Manasiadis (Daisy) from The Great Gatsby will be on the Good Morning programme 10.35am Tuesday 27th July!

There is also a short interview with her in Capital Times and a few photos from rehearsals (linked below).

Source
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Miranda Manasiadis

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice to see she's back to work. I wonder if we'll ever get to see any bit of this.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby vmh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 am

I think the interview from this morning might be available on the TVNZ website in a day or two. But there is a new video with a behind the scenes look of The Great Gatsby.

James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby DaMango » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:59 am

That looks fantastic! I read the book in high school, but I've never seen the show. I think they should take it on the road, and make a few pit stops in the US. :)
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Cool thanks for the info, vmh. You can watch the Good Morning interview here. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby DaMango » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 pm

That was a great interview! The more I hear about the show, the more I want to see it. Miranda is so glamorous in those costumes, and I can only imagine how awesome the dance numbers will be.

I don't need to say what part of the interview was my favorite, because I'm sure it's everyone else's favorite part too. ;)
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 am

DaMango wrote:I don't need to say what part of the interview was my favorite, because I'm sure it's everyone else's favorite part too. ;)

:nod: :heart:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 am

Cool, thanks for the info and the link vmh. It's interesting to hear how the other half lives. ;)
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby vmh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 am

Here's a nice little review about the play.

http://www.theatreview.org.nz/reviews/review.php?id=3280

In a welcome return to the Wellington stage, Miranda Manasiadis makes Daisy delightful and maddening in equal measure, which is just as it should be. Her understanding of how disempowered she is as a woman is poignantly expressed when she says of her daughter, “I hope she'll be a fool – that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” But it’s Gatsby who observes, “Her voice is full of money … that was the inexhaustible charm that rose and fell in it, the jingle of it, the cymbals’ song of it ... high in a white palace the king’s daughter, the golden girl!” You can see what Duncum means about the poetry.

More photos have also been added on the Circa Theatre Facebook page.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Deirdre » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 am

Thanks for the links. It's so nice to finally get a sense of who Miranda is since we don't speak of the people in the guys' lives. And she appears to be a wonderfully down to earth, sweet, enthusiastic person. Lucky Jemaine!

The Great Gatsby looks like it's going to be a great show. And from the different links we can see that Miranda is very talented. How exciting for her to be able to continue on with her career even while being married to a very busy entertainer and being a mom. I love her description of Sopho. Sounds like a lovely child. Good for them all!

Bret plays cricket? :hrm: I'm not surprised he's good at it. He's good at everything!
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Return to Conchords Cohorts