HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 2

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 2

Postby opiate » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:09 am

Is it just me or is this super exciting? :)

It's been over a month? since I saw the first episode and seems like forever since the last series was showing so I am very hyped up about Sunday night/Monday morning (depending on where you are in the world).

:supz:
opiate
Lost but happy at sea

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 2

Postby opiate » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:38 am

Less than 24 hours to go.. I feel like a teenage girl :woohoo:
opiate
Lost but happy at sea

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 am

2 hours to go!! :woohoo:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:35 am

Sugar Lumps = best song ever. :rolls:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:39 am

It was pretty amazing, but... I kind of think the little clip shown in previews had more of an impact than the whole song. All in all though, it was great. I was giggling at the awkwardness.
The shorts and cowboy hat made me think of the amazing Jemaine in stubbies photo.
I think the awesomeness of this episode foretells good things about the coming season!
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby bibliaddict » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:40 am

Whatever shortcomings ep 1 had, this episode made up for them. I can't wait to see which song will be on iTunes in the morning - both were awesome.
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Val2150 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:41 am

Oh. My. God. :thud:

That was flippin' awesome. Going to watch it again on HBO2 in a bit. Will post more tomorrow when I'm more coherent. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:54 am

I loved Sugar Lumps, it was so funny (Dave's bit in the middle killed me) and so well-done, but I really loved the Prostitute song: their tribute to Roxanne, Black Seeds, etc.
"You can say no to
Bein' a man ho,
A male gigolo,.......
A red-boy Bro-ho" :rolls:

And check out Jemaine's guns!! I was impressed!!

There were many laugh out loud moments: the cup roster - "I have it til 9.......you have it til 1 and then we give it a rest"

Murray's describing Jemaine's bass guitar - "Dad guitar", Bret's was the "Mom guitar" , "The Humans Are Dead" without Bret's guitar, eventually without any guitar :roll2:

Jemaine's massage - patting Mel, who whispers, "I would pay you so much money"

Bret doing Ratso Rizzo (Midnight Cowboy) "I'm walking here"

And the final scene with the Rube Goldberg setup with dire consequences!! :roll2: :rolls: :roll2: :rolls:

Gotta finish so I can catch the second showing at 11:30. Great one, guys. :thumb:
And Sherry - new tunes!!!! :yay:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby ceebeecee » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 am

Awesome! So many funny moments.

Loved the music. I will have to download the new song before I go to work tomorrow. I can't wait to see which one it will be.

Gotta go. I am going to watch it again on HBO2. :D
"When I saw you tonight I thought here's two men who know exactly what women feel like."
ceebeecee
New arrival

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 am

Watched it again - hey, you know these guys are really funny! :wink:

I loved the poster in Murray's office "Woolcome to New Zealand" :roll2:

Murray doing the Mom and Dad Guitar voices :nod: :clap:

Mel trying to bop to The Humans Are Dead :rolls:

"If you party with the Party Prince
You get complementary after dinner mints" - priceless (and he looked like Prince of Parties)

Jemaine telling Bret the plot of Pretty Woman: a prostitute called Richard Gere :bounce:

Murray asking the guys to name any successful musicians who don't use instruments - "The Mormon Tabernacle Choir" :roll2:

And going back to the Texas Odyssey documentary, Bret's wonderful pronunciation of "con-doms"

I know they'll probably put Sugar Lumps on iTunes, but I'd love "You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute" - Great tune, great video!!! (loved the outfit, Jemaine!) :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Spumony5000 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:00 am

I thought this episode was hilarious. I watched it twice also. :) I started laughing so hard every time they showed Jemaine on the stripper pole. :prayer: I loved both songs. It's a shame they will only have one up for download.

I just checked Itunes now and Sugalumps is available for download.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm

So much drama over a mug. Brilliant! He totally paid too much for it in the first place. ;)

I don't know if it was intentional, but Bret's rap bit in Sugar Lumps had me immediately thinking of the Notorious MSG and their song/video Straight Out of Canton.

Also great was seeing the same female police officer at the jail. Hee!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Bad Atom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I have to say, this was a weird episode. I've never gone from laughing to being grossed out to laughing again so fast in my life. I have whiplash.

I liked the following things: The mug drama, the return of the Prince of Parties, the explanation of the plot to "Pretty Woman", every second Mel was onscreen, the descriptions of facial expressions in the dark, Bret on the job again, the reappearance of the police lady from "Mugged", and the Nigerian internet not-a-scam-after-all.

I disliked the following things: The cliched "power goes out" punchline, Bret's truly creepy attempt at whoring himself out, and hearing the word "prostitute" 361 times in 30 minutes. It's not one of those words that gets funnier the more you hear it.

I lost it when Murray said "You'd have to be deaf to hear that!", referring to Bret's non-existent guitar. That's my nomination for FOTC Quote of the Year.

When Jemaine was on the phone with a girl named Carol I was really hoping that would segue into the "Carol Brown" song, because I love that song!

The two songs that were in the show were okay - they integrated with the story nicely but I wonder how they'll fare separately. And while I'm sure many of the posters above me were in heaven with Jemaine-as-male-prostitute, I was a little... :que:
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:I know they'll probably put Sugar Lumps on iTunes, but I'd love "You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute" - Great tune, great video!!! (loved the outfit, Jemaine!) :thumb:

Now see, I was thinking the opposite... As Sugar Lumps was a little more, racy, than what I was expecting. But I literally rolled off the couch laughing during that song... Bret laying so provocatively on that spinning table... :thud: :rolls: It was too much. And the Prince of Parties reprise was a nice surprise. But I really think it's going to be the "Prostitute" song on itunes when I get home tonight...
LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Jemaine's massage - patting Mel, who whispers, "I would pay you so much money"

No, I wouldn't... But I so would... But I wouldn't... But I sooo would... :roll2:
LSully9

Next

Return to HBO TV series