It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:38 am

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

Postby Amanda » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Kiwifruitloop wrote:- Jemaine's response to yet another question about the whereabouts of his wallet. "Yes I've got my wallet" in that high pitched whinge is possibly the funniest moment of the entire season.

:rolls:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:19 am

I thought he sounded like a Jamaican woman when he said that. :rolls:
Deirdre

Postby PatK » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am

JulesJules wrote:Poptart,

OH wow, the guy leading the Conga line is also the man at the door of the club, and I thought he looked familiar, but assumed he was some actor with "one of those faces." You think he could really be one of the Village People? He'd have to be the police officer! Too funny if it's true.

I woke up 30 mins early to re-watch this episode OnDemand, and considering my normal wake-up time is 4:20am, that is a real testament to how much I enjoyed this one.

Looks like it was the Cowboy:
Randy Jones
PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby onewithdog » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am

Hey.

Someone on another forum told me i was doing an "injustice" to the show for just posting the videos of the song. And that the context was not explained just the songs.

I dont agree with this.
To me FOTC is a band first, tv show second. And with this episode there is no need to explain anything. Every guy has been to a sausage party and most have ex-girlfriends.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby LSully9 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 am

onewithdog wrote: Someone on another forum told me i was doing an "injustice" to the show for just posting the videos of the song. And that the context was not explained just the songs.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I think you're spot on with "band first, tv show second." And it's not like you're the only one... I don't know how many Google alerts I get every day with someone posting a "review" of the show and all they post is the music video. And lately this season, there's been some pretty great music videos. :thumb:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 am

This was a fun one! The mirrorballs on the naughty business did throw me for a minute, but on second viewing, knowing it was coming I just enjoyed the song. It's way catchy!

I liked how totally wrecked Keith-a's apartment was. Jeepers! I thought I was messy! The fruitloops in the tea was awesome!

I loved the ex-girlfriends song, but I never got the benefit of seeing it done live. So to me it was perfect! I will try that clip you posted Nancy. The one's I've clicked on have had really bad sound to the point where you can't make a darned thing out.

It was nice to see Jemaine's sweeter side! Although, I seem to enjoy all his sides, so that's not saying too much probably.

I felt so bad seeing them robbed, been there, done that. I had to remind myself it's a show on that one. Part of me wanted to get up and immediately start dumpster diving for them lol. How many rolls of duct tape did they go through taping Bret to the door! lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 am

I noticed the lack of Mel too, but that would have been one plot element too many. Murray's the one we're seeing too much of lately. I know, blasphemy, but I think a little Murray goes a long way as well. :)
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby LemonSour » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

I was just rewatching "New Cup" and Jemaine calls a woman named Carol to tell her he is now a prostitute. Could this be the same Carol, who took the bus out of town?
LemonSour
New arrival

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Bad Atom wrote: Murray's the one we're seeing too much of lately. I know, blasphemy, but I think a little Murray goes a long way as well. :)
Yis you might be on to something there. Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more. Frankly Murray's friend graph last week felt very stale to me. I mean, does everything he does need to involve a graph or a list? :roll:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby JulesJules » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 pm

I love Mel, said I said upthread, but agree she doesn't fit into every episode. But when it's appropriate, she's fantastic. She was very much featured in the S1 episode called "New Fans", and that one has a lot of my favorite Mel moments. When she tells Bret "They don't understand/respect your need for boundaries" (paraphrased) as she's watching him use the bathroom is priceless!

Something I noticed last night, when watching it again, is that when Keitha says "Say 'when'", Jemaine says "when" before the milk even gets in the cup!!
JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm

JulesJules wrote:Something I noticed last night, when watching it again, is that when Keitha says "Say 'when'", Jemaine says "when" before the milk even gets in the cup!!
I noticed that too. He didn't want any fruitloops in his tea.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby PatK » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 pm

LemonSour wrote:I was just rewatching "New Cup" and Jemaine calls a woman named Carol to tell her he is now a prostitute. Could this be the same Carol, who took the bus out of town?

:shock: :shock: :shock: Nice catch, I'll have to watch it again later
PatK

Postby The Talking Stove » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:04 am

SheWolf wrote:Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more.

I wouldn't group Murray in with Dave and Mel. Murray has shown he can be ambitious, depressed, horny, gullible, supportive, optimistic, critical, naive, assertive, angry...he's a lot more of a fully drawn character than the other two.
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
The Talking Stove

Postby Kiwifruitloop » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:50 am

The Talking Stove wrote:
SheWolf wrote:Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more.

I wouldn't group Murray in with Dave and Mel. Murray has shown he can be ambitious, depressed, horny, gullible, supportive, optimistic, critical, naive, assertive, angry...he's a lot more of a fully drawn character than the other two.

Agreed. Murray is the most fully formed comic creation on the show, and almost as essential as the BJ team <sorry, that sounds dodgy>

If the deadpan duo didn't have Murray to play against then many of the scenarios would fall flat, as they are natural straight men. He's a much better actor than Bret as well, which helps. There is nothing funnier than Murray revealing his limitless capacity for unhipness in the broadest Kiwi accent ever unleashed on the world.

This episode confirms something else: in FOTC there are infinite comedic possibilities for the use of the word "what?"
Kiwifruitloop
New arrival

Postby tvldiva » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Kiwifruitloop wrote:
The Talking Stove wrote:

Agreed. Murray is the most fully formed comic creation on the show, and almost as essential as the BJ team <sorry, that sounds dodgy>

If the deadpan duo didn't have Murray to play against then many of the scenarios would fall flat, as they are natural straight men. He's a much better actor than Bret as well, which helps. There is nothing funnier than Murray revealing his limitless capacity for unhipness in the broadest Kiwi accent ever unleashed on the world.

This episode confirms something else: in FOTC there are infinite comedic possibilities for the use of the word "what?"

I have to agree, Murray is an integral part of the tv show and I can't imagine anyone but Rhys Darby in that role.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series