What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
Amanda
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 pm 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:52 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Barcelona
Kiwifruitloop wrote:
- Jemaine's response to yet another question about the whereabouts of his wallet. "Yes I've got my wallet" in that high pitched whinge is possibly the funniest moment of the entire season.

:rolls:

_________________
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...


Top
 Profile  
 
Deirdre
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:19 am 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:49 pm
Posts: 1033
I thought he sounded like a Jamaican woman when he said that. :rolls:


Top
 Profile  
 
PatK
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 am 
Offline
Giving the paper to the people
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:39 am
Posts: 62
Location: Philadelphia
JulesJules wrote:
Poptart,

OH wow, the guy leading the Conga line is also the man at the door of the club, and I thought he looked familiar, but assumed he was some actor with "one of those faces." You think he could really be one of the Village People? He'd have to be the police officer! Too funny if it's true.

I woke up 30 mins early to re-watch this episode OnDemand, and considering my normal wake-up time is 4:20am, that is a real testament to how much I enjoyed this one.


Looks like it was the Cowboy:
Randy Jones


Top
 Profile  
 
onewithdog
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 am 
Offline
Half a shapely halibut
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:35 am
Posts: 215
Location: New York
Hey.

Someone on another forum told me i was doing an "injustice" to the show for just posting the videos of the song. And that the context was not explained just the songs.

I dont agree with this.
To me FOTC is a band first, tv show second. And with this episode there is no need to explain anything. Every guy has been to a sausage party and most have ex-girlfriends.


Top
 Profile  
 
LSully9
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 am 
Offline
Getting lewd with the food
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:20 am
Posts: 2347
Location: Philadelphia
onewithdog wrote:
Someone on another forum told me i was doing an "injustice" to the show for just posting the videos of the song. And that the context was not explained just the songs.


:roll: :roll: :roll: I think you're spot on with "band first, tv show second." And it's not like you're the only one... I don't know how many Google alerts I get every day with someone posting a "review" of the show and all they post is the music video. And lately this season, there's been some pretty great music videos. :thumb:

_________________
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.


Top
 Profile  
 
deliriumtree
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:21 am 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 1434
This was a fun one! The mirrorballs on the naughty business did throw me for a minute, but on second viewing, knowing it was coming I just enjoyed the song. It's way catchy!

I liked how totally wrecked Keith-a's apartment was. Jeepers! I thought I was messy! The fruitloops in the tea was awesome!

I loved the ex-girlfriends song, but I never got the benefit of seeing it done live. So to me it was perfect! I will try that clip you posted Nancy. The one's I've clicked on have had really bad sound to the point where you can't make a darned thing out.

It was nice to see Jemaine's sweeter side! Although, I seem to enjoy all his sides, so that's not saying too much probably.

I felt so bad seeing them robbed, been there, done that. I had to remind myself it's a show on that one. Part of me wanted to get up and immediately start dumpster diving for them lol. How many rolls of duct tape did they go through taping Bret to the door! lol

_________________
Image
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.


Top
 Profile  
 
Bad Atom
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:30 am 
Offline
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 12:58 am
Posts: 456
Location: Toledo, Ohio
I noticed the lack of Mel too, but that would have been one plot element too many. Murray's the one we're seeing too much of lately. I know, blasphemy, but I think a little Murray goes a long way as well. :)

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
LemonSour
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:53 am 
Offline
New arrival

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 am
Posts: 2
Location: Tokyo, Japan
I was just rewatching "New Cup" and Jemaine calls a woman named Carol to tell her he is now a prostitute. Could this be the same Carol, who took the bus out of town?


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:27 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
Bad Atom wrote:
Murray's the one we're seeing too much of lately. I know, blasphemy, but I think a little Murray goes a long way as well. :)
Yis you might be on to something there. Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more. Frankly Murray's friend graph last week felt very stale to me. I mean, does everything he does need to involve a graph or a list? :roll:

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
JulesJules
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:42 pm 
Offline
Registered Rhymnecologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Atlanta
I love Mel, said I said upthread, but agree she doesn't fit into every episode. But when it's appropriate, she's fantastic. She was very much featured in the S1 episode called "New Fans", and that one has a lot of my favorite Mel moments. When she tells Bret "They don't understand/respect your need for boundaries" (paraphrased) as she's watching him use the bathroom is priceless!

Something I noticed last night, when watching it again, is that when Keitha says "Say 'when'", Jemaine says "when" before the milk even gets in the cup!!


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
JulesJules wrote:
Something I noticed last night, when watching it again, is that when Keitha says "Say 'when'", Jemaine says "when" before the milk even gets in the cup!!
I noticed that too. He didn't want any fruitloops in his tea.

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PatK
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm 
Offline
Giving the paper to the people
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:39 am
Posts: 62
Location: Philadelphia
LemonSour wrote:
I was just rewatching "New Cup" and Jemaine calls a woman named Carol to tell her he is now a prostitute. Could this be the same Carol, who took the bus out of town?


:shock: :shock: :shock: Nice catch, I'll have to watch it again later


Top
 Profile  
 
The Talking Stove
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:04 pm 
Offline
Giving the paper to the people
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 62
Location: UK
SheWolf wrote:
Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more.


I wouldn't group Murray in with Dave and Mel. Murray has shown he can be ambitious, depressed, horny, gullible, supportive, optimistic, critical, naive, assertive, angry...he's a lot more of a fully drawn character than the other two.

_________________
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?


Top
 Profile  
 
Kiwifruitloop
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 am 
Offline
New arrival

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:45 am
Posts: 11
Location: Nu Zilund
The Talking Stove wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more.


I wouldn't group Murray in with Dave and Mel. Murray has shown he can be ambitious, depressed, horny, gullible, supportive, optimistic, critical, naive, assertive, angry...he's a lot more of a fully drawn character than the other two.


Agreed. Murray is the most fully formed comic creation on the show, and almost as essential as the BJ team <sorry, that sounds dodgy>

If the deadpan duo didn't have Murray to play against then many of the scenarios would fall flat, as they are natural straight men. He's a much better actor than Bret as well, which helps. There is nothing funnier than Murray revealing his limitless capacity for unhipness in the broadest Kiwi accent ever unleashed on the world.

This episode confirms something else: in FOTC there are infinite comedic possibilities for the use of the word "what?"


Top
 Profile  
 
tvldiva
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm 
Offline
Feeling much better now...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Austin, Texas
Kiwifruitloop wrote:
The Talking Stove wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
Murray, Dave and Mel are all kind of one note characters which is why it's best to keep them on the sidelines where they can be appreciated more.


I wouldn't group Murray in with Dave and Mel. Murray has shown he can be ambitious, depressed, horny, gullible, supportive, optimistic, critical, naive, assertive, angry...he's a lot more of a fully drawn character than the other two.


Agreed. Murray is the most fully formed comic creation on the show, and almost as essential as the BJ team <sorry, that sounds dodgy>

If the deadpan duo didn't have Murray to play against then many of the scenarios would fall flat, as they are natural straight men. He's a much better actor than Bret as well, which helps. There is nothing funnier than Murray revealing his limitless capacity for unhipness in the broadest Kiwi accent ever unleashed on the world.

This episode confirms something else: in FOTC there are infinite comedic possibilities for the use of the word "what?"

I have to agree, Murray is an integral part of the tv show and I can't imagine anyone but Rhys Darby in that role.

_________________
Why don't you accept me as your God!?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group