It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm

tvldiva wrote:I have to agree, Murray is an integral part of the tv show and I can't imagine anyone but Rhys Darby in that role.
Agreed. Rhys steals every scene he's in & he's probably the best actor of the bunch.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Spumony5000 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I think Rhys is great as Murray. His character seems to be getting funnier to me this season. I noticed the lack of Mel but I didn't really think it hurt this episode at all. I think this has been my favorite episode of the season so far.

Speaking of Mel, does anyone watch the pod casts that are available for the show? I got them as pod casts for my zune and they are hilarious. I loved Mel's celebration of New Zealand day.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby SheWolf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:For those who didn't see the Ex-Girlfriends' song live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjXza-pyJcY

I love the first verse musically in the live version, but after seeing the tv version again, I admit it's growing on me.
Finally able to watch this and I agree Nancy , the first bit is good, deep sexy, soothing vocals from Jemaine, the rest of it isn't as smooth as the Tower version and after watching that one again I realize it isn't as different from the TV version as I had thought. Though I do prefer both live versions of Jemaine's vocals better.

I just spotted Michel Gondry at :49 seconds in on the TV version vid - cool! 8) I think I want to marry him but that's mostly coz I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of the most romantic, true, sad and beautiful things I've ever seen.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby bibliaddict » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 am

SheWolf wrote:I think I want to marry him but that's mostly coz I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of the most romantic, true, sad and beautiful things I've ever seen.

I completely agree with you, SW. Eternal Sunshine simultaneously breaks my heart and fills me with hope.
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby SheWolf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Ditto that bibli.

I can't find the thread where we talked about the ratings for the first ep being quite low so I'll post this here. It seems last week's ratings were the highest this season yet still under the 1 million average from last year. Quite surprising.
http://www.buzzsugar.com/2836088
I'm not surprised, however, that East Bound and Down didn't do well. All the advertising in the world doesn't make me want to spend 30 seconds with that one.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby onewithdog » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 pm

^^^ I laughed a few times watching East Bound and Down but im a sick bastard.
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Sherry » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:02 pm

SheWolf wrote:Ditto that bibli.

I can't find the thread where we talked about the ratings for the first ep being quite low so I'll post this here. It seems last week's ratings were the highest this season yet still under the 1 million average from last year. Quite surprising.
http://www.buzzsugar.com/2836088

Here is the thread :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1954
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby ufotofu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:40 pm

bibliaddict wrote:Their fake instruments were video editing machines circa 1985. Very clever of them!

Took me a second look to realize that they, especially Bret, are controlling the video effects during the songs.

Also got a delayed chuckle when I noticed that the biscuits they received had been ordered by Murray 3 episodes back, when they were starving because of Bret's imprudent tea cup purchase.

By the way, anyone able to decipher what Keitha is mumbling when she catches Jemaine hanging on the window ledge? Something to do with a..holes. Funny enough as it is, but wondering if I'm missing a bit of down under humour in there. Also, what is it that she describes her mother as when Jemaine is asking about her?

_______
Update: I finally figured out where the closed caption controls are in the U-verse service I recently installed. She says her mother is a Panel Beater.
Last edited by ufotofu on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would you like to see my stimulus package??
ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:54 pm

ufotofu wrote:
By the way, anyone able to decipher what Keitha is mumbling when she catches Jemaine hanging on the window ledge? Something to do with a..holes. Funny enough as it is, but wondering if I'm missing a bit of down under humour in there. Also, what is it that she describes her mother as when Jemaine is asking about her nationality?

She says she's "got a tongue like a badger's asshole".

I can't remember what she says about her mum... I'll have to watch it again. ;)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby PatK » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:37 am

Anybody watching the Oscars? I had to think of this episode when Hugh Jackman talked about his movie "Australia" and said that due to the economy everyone will be faced with cutbacks, so there will be no opening number in the Oscars and he will be starring in "New Zealand" :lol: :lol:
PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:45 pm

PatK wrote:Anybody watching the Oscars? I had to think of this episode when Hugh Jackman talked about his movie "Australia" and said that due to the economy everyone will be faced with cutbacks, so there will be no opening number in the Oscars and he will be starring in "New Zealand" :lol: :lol:

That was about the only think he said that made me laugh... I am not a Hugh Jackman fan.
He is the kind of guy that you look at and think he is handsome, until you realize that really, no he is not. In my humble opinion. :roll:
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby JulesJules » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Going way OT here, but Hugh Jackman is sometimes unbelieveably hot, then sometimes, he looks like a goof. His body is always fantastic. I love him as Wolverine.

He strikes me as a really nice guy. When he and his wife were unable to have their own children, they looked into adoption and found out that children who are mixed races are often not adopted, so they intentionally adopted mixed race children. Pretty cool.
JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ufotofu » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:58 am

dandy lyons wrote:She says she's "got a tongue like a badger's asshole".

Thanks a lot dandy. That is disturbingly amusing!
Would you like to see my stimulus package??
ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 am

I made the mistake of watching this while my son slept so I couldn't laugh - I physically had to hold my stomach and mouth at the same time to stop from screaming in laughter. So hilarious! Poor, poor Jemaine :(
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 am

P.S. I found this from the San Francisco gig last year. Jemaine messes up - very adorably, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_56MlflGGLw
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series