It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby The Talking Stove » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:04 pm

I think its just the old "re-set button" being pushed. Lots of times in TV shows, especially comedies, things that have changed in one episode are back to normal in the next.

I don't think there'll be an explanation for the furniture...and I'm not sure why one is needed, really...
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby jamesthecat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 am

urrrm perhaps its an in joke between the writers!? they obviously pay so much attention to tiny things (the poster, murray chewing on a piece of hay, the biscuits etc.) that maybe they thought it would be a big ole' lark to ignore something so obvious! mmm, maybe nobody actually cares!? first post ba-zing
jamesthecat
New arrival

Postby The Talking Stove » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:56 am

Not to keep on about this but...the thing is, all the attention to detail is funny. Its not just done for the sake of it.
Would explaining how B&J got furniture again be funny? Maybe the guys didn't think there was anything amusing enough about it to bother.
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
The Talking Stove

Postby ufotofu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:20 pm

As a neurologist in real life (although not the canine type) I got a real kick from this (with apologies to my patients with epilepsy). The Powerpoint slides were filled for the most part with accurate explanations and details, although the one about 'Bitches are more prone to epilepsy' looked made up, hilariously. Although I suppose one could argue that neutered animals don't count, I was amused by the fact that the male + female percentages add up to 60 %. I would like to think that this was intentional, just like the Binary solo I'm sure was intended to be a robotic '1, 2, 3, 4' countdown, although it wasn't correct binary-wise.

Also enjoyed seeing Murray's shock at the seeing the boys do the remix, and Jemaine's 'That there is Bret' and muttering 'We love you...I love you,' almost inaudibly during the final meeting with Brahbrah.
Would you like to see my stimulus package??
ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rachaellove » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:04 pm

My review is posted here.
"I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And every person deserves to be treated like a person."
rachaellove

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon May 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Can I just say how funny I found the 'Remix' dancing....hilarious, like so many bad club nights....
It's a psychological analogy
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 25, 2009 1:13 pm

ufotofu wrote:As a neurologist in real life (although not the canine type) I got a real kick from this (with apologies to my patients with epilepsy). The Powerpoint slides were filled for the most part with accurate explanations and details, although the one about 'Bitches are more prone to epilepsy' looked made up, hilariously. Although I suppose one could argue that neutered animals don't count...

:rolls: more! more! I'm so glad that you are lending your talents to give us this extra insight! I must go watch episode 6 again now...

ufotofu you are funny. :prayer:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Bump!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Maze » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Here is an interesting bit that I came across regarding "Love is a Weapon of Choice". Apparently, it was supposed to be in Tongan Ninja but didn't make the cut! Sorry if this is common knowledge - it's news to me!

Read Bret discuss here: http://archives.theonering.net/archives ... 02-7.08.02

Figwit: “Me and Jemaine [author note: Jemaine in this case refers to Jemaine Clement fellow founder, along with Figwit, of Flight of the Conchords] wrote the theme song `The Tongan Ninja’".

"Jemaine was working on the film. He plays one of the lead roles. One day we came up with an idea for the theme tune and Jason Stutter, the director, liked it. So he got Plan 9 studios to arrange the song and Jemaine ended up singing on it.”

“I haven't seen the film yet but the little bits I've seen are hilarious. I love the way they made a feature film on next to no money.”

“We wrote a few other songs for the film: ‘Nunchuka lover’ and the rock anthem ‘Love is the Weapon of Choice’ which I don't think was used in the final cut.”
Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby canattack » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Wow that's amazing! It adds a whole other dimension to it all!! :D
Flighty est. 2007
canattack
Half a shapely halibut

Previous

Return to HBO TV series