What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
The Talking Stove
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:04 pm 
Giving the paper to the people

I think its just the old "re-set button" being pushed. Lots of times in TV shows, especially comedies, things that have changed in one episode are back to normal in the next.

I don't think there'll be an explanation for the furniture...and I'm not sure why one is needed, really...

jamesthecat
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 pm 
New arrival

urrrm perhaps its an in joke between the writers!? they obviously pay so much attention to tiny things (the poster, murray chewing on a piece of hay, the biscuits etc.) that maybe they thought it would be a big ole' lark to ignore something so obvious! mmm, maybe nobody actually cares!? first post ba-zing

The Talking Stove
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 am 

Not to keep on about this but...the thing is, all the attention to detail is funny. Its not just done for the sake of it.
Would explaining how B&J got furniture again be funny? Maybe the guys didn't think there was anything amusing enough about it to bother.

ufotofu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:20 pm 
Lost but happy at sea

As a neurologist in real life (although not the canine type) I got a real kick from this (with apologies to my patients with epilepsy). The Powerpoint slides were filled for the most part with accurate explanations and details, although the one about 'Bitches are more prone to epilepsy' looked made up, hilariously. Although I suppose one could argue that neutered animals don't count, I was amused by the fact that the male + female percentages add up to 60 %. I would like to think that this was intentional, just like the Binary solo I'm sure was intended to be a robotic '1, 2, 3, 4' countdown, although it wasn't correct binary-wise.

Also enjoyed seeing Murray's shock at the seeing the boys do the remix, and Jemaine's 'That there is Bret' and muttering 'We love you...I love you,' almost inaudibly during the final meeting with Brahbrah.

rachaellove
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm 

My review is posted here.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:27 am 
Posing like a swan

Can I just say how funny I found the 'Remix' dancing....hilarious, like so many bad club nights....

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:13 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

ufotofu wrote:
As a neurologist in real life (although not the canine type) I got a real kick from this (with apologies to my patients with epilepsy). The Powerpoint slides were filled for the most part with accurate explanations and details, although the one about 'Bitches are more prone to epilepsy' looked made up, hilariously. Although I suppose one could argue that neutered animals don't count...

:rolls: more! more! I'm so glad that you are lending your talents to give us this extra insight! I must go watch episode 6 again now...

ufotofu you are funny. :prayer:

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:44 pm 
Can Attack!

Bump!

I am bike-cheese!

Maze
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:41 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Here is an interesting bit that I came across regarding "Love is a Weapon of Choice". Apparently, it was supposed to be in Tongan Ninja but didn't make the cut! Sorry if this is common knowledge - it's news to me!

Read Bret discuss here: http://archives.theonering.net/archives ... 02-7.08.02

Figwit: “Me and Jemaine [author note: Jemaine in this case refers to Jemaine Clement fellow founder, along with Figwit, of Flight of the Conchords] wrote the theme song `The Tongan Ninja’".

"Jemaine was working on the film. He plays one of the lead roles. One day we came up with an idea for the theme tune and Jason Stutter, the director, liked it. So he got Plan 9 studios to arrange the song and Jemaine ended up singing on it.”

“I haven't seen the film yet but the little bits I've seen are hilarious. I love the way they made a feature film on next to no money.”

“We wrote a few other songs for the film: ‘Nunchuka lover’ and the rock anthem ‘Love is the Weapon of Choice’ which I don't think was used in the final cut.”

canattack
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:28 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Wow that's amazing! It adds a whole other dimension to it all!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9