It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:41 am

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby onlyalways » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 am

SheWolf wrote:No comment. *but looks at Jemaine's butt* (tee hee, I'm so mature)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:love:

Now I can't look away...
onlyalways
Keeping it funky

Postby Val2150 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 am

:help: :waggle: Ohmigod. How did I not notice that before? I'm most definitely NOT going to say what I'm thinking right now. :halo: :whistle:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:21 am

Bad Atom wrote:I was going to comment on how they sort of "de-glammed" Kristen Wiig for this role, and now I'm glad I didn't. :)

Ah. Ye olde passive-aggressive bodysnarking. Always charming. Frankly, I'd sell my own nana to look as "de-glammed" as that. And I know, I know it's such a drag when us humourless lesbo commie feminists get cranky at the hilarious "hyuck-hyuck-now-that's-a-buttaface!" witticisms, but I gotta say, it turns me into a face-eating ragemonkey when I encounter that passive, manipulative crap. It just sucks on a fundamental level, man.

Great H wrote:Well I have been pretty much silent on most of the episodes so far (not because I have nothing to say but rather because I have TOO MUCH to say - so much goodness I'd be typing all night!!)

Oh, Great H, I know that feeling! It's funny how the more I love an episode, the less I have to say. Heee! I thought it was just me that felt that way. You just don't know where to begin, and there's so much you want to talk about, but you can't find a mental foothold. I'm always so slow to collect my thoughts. Stupid treacle-brain! :yawinkle:

But help us start small, girl! How's the reception of this season been in New Zealand? I know it hasn't been properly broadcast there yet, but have you been able to gauge any reaction to the new stuff at all? I'd love to hear what yo' peeps are saying. And have you noticed any little Kiwi-isms that snuck by us? This episode was really a love-letter to stubbies, but I'm sure there's so much that I've missed this first time around. And and and and and I'll stop pestering you with quischuns now, but it should be understood that I have many many many more that I'd like to inflict on you. Poor old Great H. :hug:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:48 am

SheWolf wrote:No comment. *but looks at Jemaine's butt* (tee hee, I'm so mature)

REMIX!!

Was the misspelling of "affected" in the last photo done on purpose, or did some production assistant not know the difference between affect and effect? :puzzled:

If only words weren't printed in light colors against bright backgrounds :witsend: , maybe I could read all of what was written on the slide with the pug. :roll:

*pretends to totally ignore the top pic! :wink: :thumb: *
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Bad Atom » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:I was going to comment on how they sort of "de-glammed" Kristen Wiig for this role, and now I'm glad I didn't. :)

Ah. Ye olde passive-aggressive bodysnarking. Always charming. Frankly, I'd sell my own nana to look as "de-glammed" as that. And I know, I know it's such a drag when us humourless lesbo commie feminists get cranky at the hilarious "hyuck-hyuck-now-that's-a-buttaface!" witticisms, but I gotta say, it turns me into a face-eating ragemonkey when I encounter that passive, manipulative crap. It just sucks on a fundamental level, man.

I was going to say that she normally looks very pretty on SNL but looked kind of plain on FOTC. She's not ugly by any means. I just think it was an odd choice considering the lengths the guys go to fighting over her.
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 am

Bad Atom wrote:I was going to say that she normally looks very pretty on SNL but looked kind of plain on FOTC. She's not ugly by any means. I just think it was an odd choice considering the lengths the guys go to fighting over her.

Wow. I could debate this vast, universe-swallowing black hole of small-minded aesthetics with you. But I think, upon reflection, that I'd rather commit hara-kiri with a rusty poker. But you have fun! Knock yourself out, Atom.

ASmallTurnip

Postby Emafer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 am

OK, just watched it. DYING! Freaking hilarious! When they're at the "benefit" and Jemaine put his arm around Brahbrah and then Bret goes to put his arm around her and Jemaine's like, "Get out Bret" I was totally cracking up. And I'm really glad that my dog's not "pepileptic" hahahahaha. "I love dogs with epilepsy" blahahahahahahaand

Then the song lyrics. "Somewhere there's a Golden Retriever who's having a seizure" OHMYGOD! I have tears rolling down my face that is some of the most genius hilarity EVER! "Somwhere there's a Labrador who's shaking on the floor" I'm laughing so hard the my head hurts. "Make a donation and save a shaky Dalmatian" hahahahahahaha
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby Amanda » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 pm

After listening to "Sexy lady" again..I think they could make it work in concert if they changed the lines about "meeting a woman while they were jogging in the park" for "falling for a lady they saw waiting in line to get in(to the venue)!"/"falling for a lady they met while walking around XXX city that afternoon" XXX being the city they're at.

What do you think?
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Bad Atom » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:36 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:I was going to say that she normally looks very pretty on SNL but looked kind of plain on FOTC. She's not ugly by any means. I just think it was an odd choice considering the lengths the guys go to fighting over her.

Wow. I could debate this vast, universe-swallowing black hole of small-minded aesthetics with you. But I think, upon reflection, that I'd rather commit hara-kiri with a rusty poker. But you have fun! Knock yourself out, Atom.

Okay... It's just weird to take someone who is beautiful and make them seem less so for a show where the plot revolves around the guys fighting over her after meeting her 20 (or 23) seconds ago. It may be "small-minded aesthetics", but it's also convenient shorthand in a TV production. You want the audience to say, "I get why they're acting that way."
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby chileanconchord » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:40 pm

i completely agree with you bad atom .

I feel that i wouldn't fall for this girl in 30secs as the guys did..... If the actress who played that girl were somebody like Sally i would understand why the guys act that way.
chileanconchord
New arrival

Postby The Talking Stove » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Bad Atom wrote:Okay... It's just weird to take someone who is beautiful and make them seem less so for a show where the plot revolves around the guys fighting over her after meeting her 20 (or 23) seconds ago. It may be "small-minded aesthetics", but it's also convenient shorthand in a TV production. You want the audience to say, "I get why they're acting that way."

You're taking it far too seriously. And if you do want to take it to that kind of level, whats wrong with just assuming Bret & Jemaine instantly liked Brahbrah because she seemed vulnerable and caring and they wanted to help her out?

I've met girls who I've instantly liked and wanted to see more of, without them having to be a supermodel, haven't you?
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Val2150 wrote::help: :waggle: Ohmigod. How did I not notice that before? I'm most definitely NOT going to say what I'm thinking right now. :halo: :whistle:
Cushion for the pushin' perhaps? There's all sorts of stuff that looks like it's straining to make a break from those shorts. It's quite the scandal. Jem knows what he's doing. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm

The Talking Stove wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:Okay... It's just weird to take someone who is beautiful and make them seem less so for a show where the plot revolves around the guys fighting over her after meeting her 20 (or 23) seconds ago. It may be "small-minded aesthetics", but it's also convenient shorthand in a TV production. You want the audience to say, "I get why they're acting that way."

You're taking it far too seriously. And if you do want to take it to that kind of level, whats wrong with just assuming Bret & Jemaine instantly liked Brahbrah because she seemed vulnerable and caring and they wanted to help her out?

I've met girls who I've instantly liked and wanted to see more of, without them having to be a supermodel, haven't you?

Aaaaand Talking Stove immediately has to start fighting off all the laydeez. Your brain, it is a sexy, sexy thing, my friend. If I were a zombie, I would eat yours first.

ASmallTurnip

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Emafer wrote:OK, just watched it. DYING! Freaking hilarious! When they're at the "benefit" and Jemaine put his arm around Brahbrah and then Bret goes to put his arm around her and Jemaine's like, "Get out Bret" I was totally cracking up. And I'm really glad that my dog's not "pepileptic" hahahahaha. "I love dogs with epilepsy" blahahahahahahaand

Then the song lyrics. "Somewhere there's a Golden Retriever who's having a seizure" OHMYGOD! I have tears rolling down my face that is some of the most genius hilarity EVER! "Somwhere there's a Labrador who's shaking on the floor" I'm laughing so hard the my head hurts. "Make a donation and save a shaky Dalmatian" hahahahahahaha
Those were some of my favorite moments as well ema. holy crud that was pure comedy gold baaaayyyybbeeee!

Still biting tongue over "bodysnarking" topic (do not respond. do not respond) :whistle:
Last edited by SheWolf on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Was the misspelling of "affected" in the last photo done on purpose, or did some production assistant not know the difference between affect and effect? :puzzled:
Probably didn't know the difference. I will never understand the difference between those 2.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series