It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 pm

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 8

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 8

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:17 pm

mockingbird wrote:He's reading a book, you naughty girls. You can see it in his hand. He's in the mood... for reading. :tsk: :lol:

:roll2:
mockingbird wrote:I noticed something else - look at how snugly Bret is tucked into bed! Did Jemaine do that?? Bret sure didn't do it himself! :lol:

Some people are friends. Some people are really good friends. Some people are really good friends who like to tuck each other into bed. :nod:
rachaellove wrote:
SheWolf wrote:Image

These aren't their beds.. Where could they be? Hmm..

Wasn't there going to be a plot where they had to stay at a fan's house?
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:26 pm

mockingbird wrote:He's reading a book, you naughty girls. You can see it in his hand. He's in the mood... for reading.

*Napoleon Dynamite voice* Wish I were a book.... :rolleyes:

WomanInThePark wrote:Some people are friends. Some people are really good friends. Some people are really good friends who like to tuck each other into bed.
He looks like he's the filling in a giant bed linen burrito!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby rachaellove » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:Wasn't there going to be a plot where they had to stay at a fan's house?

Oh yeah, I did read something about that. Good call!

Side note: Is it me or do their beds always look so comfortable?
"I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And every person deserves to be treated like a person."
rachaellove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Is that a crate or a box or something under Jemaine's pillows?..and a suitcase nearby...intriguing!
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
The Talking Stove

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm

The mention of staying at the fan's house are in the article posted on this thread:
http://whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2102
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:45 pm

The Talking Stove wrote:Is that a crate or a box or something under Jemaine's pillows?..and a suitcase nearby...intriguing!

I think it's a crate! What are they SLEEPING on!?

And that looks like it could be Mel's house with all the books and goofy looking linens...

Another one of Murray's "fan contests"?
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby rachaellove » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 pm

If anyone cares to read it, my NewZealandtown review is up now.
"I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And every person deserves to be treated like a person."
rachaellove

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 pm

I slammed my hand in a door, so to sum up quickly. Loved the demented hair gel scenes! I too want to see Jemaine play evil now. I always like the bad guys best in movies, why is that? I haven't seen enough 80's music to know what they were doing song wise but I liked it. Great episode all around. Ouch, ouch, ouch hurts to type, must stop now!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:23 am

Just had my first viewing and I have to say this one is now fighting it's way for the spot as my favorite ep this season (next to "Unnatural Love"). I had one of those deep belly laugh moments at the following scenes:

-New Zealand - Like Scotland, but farther

-The majority of our audience is shopping bags

-Murray sneaking out to go shopping as well during the gig and then saying, "Don't get mad at me get mad at the guy! HE SNUCK OUT!"

-When the PM comes into the office with his reelection poster and the guys all get up and treat him (again) like he's the King. "Thanks M'Lord!" lol

-The guys' first experiments with the gel. Like they were aliens seeing this for the first time.

-Throwing the jar. "THAT WAS DANGEROUS!" just killed me!

-Jemaine's evil glare and the mindless tugging at the hair

-"I must be sleepwalking - don't wake me up you could kill me" - as a psychology minor I laughed hard at this because in my intro to psych class my freshman year walked about how this was b.s. lol

-"Gingerhead...looking GREAT"

-Jemaine realizing he too was an idiot and glued a pillow to his head. Though elmer's glue wouldn't hold that strong, it was still cute

-The whole Maori exchange. I could see Jemaine having some trouble holding it together

I'm sure I'll add to this, but for now I'm tired and I need some more viewings to really get some of the jokes...
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 am

rachaellove wrote:This may have been brought up in a different episode thread, but am I the only one noticing Bret's has worn the same socks in every episode this season?

Maybe that's why Mel had his sock. She was going to wash it! At least I hope so...

In the meantime, I'm dying to get my hands on the instrumental version of "Bus Driver's Song" used over the credits...
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:22 am

First things first, no spoilers in the episode threads! There's a specific thread for that! :tsk:

As for Bret's socks, I have noticed that he's worn the same socks all season. Forget the rest of their clothes, I just want the socks! I love funky socks! Should I check H&M? :hrm: :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby yvettiefred » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:52 pm

my fav part of this episode is them throwing the empty hair gel container at each other because my sister and i shared a room growing up and she would always throw socks and paperback books at me to stop me snoring, hahaha. also i immediately thought of prince when i saw bret during the 80s video :)
yvettiefred

Postby rachaellove » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 pm

indigo_jones wrote:First things first, no spoilers in the episode threads! There's a specific thread for that! :tsk:

As for Bret's socks, I have noticed that he's worn the same socks all season. Forget the rest of their clothes, I just want the socks! I love funky socks! Should I check H&M? :hrm: :lol:

I bought my friend some socks exactly like that before the season started. I think I either found them at Target or Old Navy.. Can't remember which one.
rachaellove

Postby mynameismonkey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:58 pm

"in terms of volume" is my all time favourite line of everything they've ever done. I feel robbed. I sort of understand it might not translate well to an American audience, but the Bus Driver's Song is, imho, one of the top three songs they've ever put together. I'm hoping Paula doesn't make her flight and we have a story arc that they're building up to over a couple of episodes. THEY HAD THE TOOTHBRUSHES FOR GOODNESS' SAKE.
mynameismonkey
New arrival

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:07 pm

You know... I thought they were going to do BDS one time in S1, also. Remember the one where they went "on tour"? (Of course you do) There was that scene when they were in Murray's car, and Jemaine was asleep in the back seat and Bret and Murray were in the front seat talking, and Murray says sometimes he pretends he's driving a bus, and Bret says, "So, you're the bus driver?" Remember?? I totally thought they were going to bust into BSD.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series