HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
yvettiefred
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby yvettiefred » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm

ok, they're not thaaaat broke :)

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Spumony5000 wrote:Wow nice catch. I didn't even notice him in the background. I'm going to look for him when I watch this tomorrow.
It's Pops McKenzie. There is a pic out there of Bret & daddy being photographed together on the street during a break in filming.
90% evil
ImageImage

User avatar
Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby Spumony5000 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Bad Atom wrote:
The Talking Stove wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:[*] So Bret went to the pet store 21 times and bought fish? No wonder they're broke...


Goldfish are very cheap, especially the non-fancy version Bret was buying.

Bret's unstoppable animal jumper buying would be more of a problem, I reckon!


I was thinking back to the $2.79 cup that bankrupted them. :) Although if they really were broke, I suppose they could eat the fish later on... you know, dip them in honey... :P




You know that thought crossed my mind when he brought Savannah back to his apartment for sushi after they got "mugged".
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Image

User avatar
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Spumony5000 wrote:You know that thought crossed my mind when he brought Savannah back to his apartment for sushi after they got "mugged".

Hey, hey! That sounds pretty tasty! Goldfish sushi, with a little dab of wasabi, little drop of soy sauce, a little pink petal of ginger.......mmmmmmmm. You have great recipe ideas, girl.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Emafer

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby Emafer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 am

Val2150 wrote:
Also, I don't think the term "budget bears" will ever cease to crack me up. Where do they come up with this stuff? :lol:


It's know! It's freaking genius!

And "Cheap Zoo" just that whole concepts of the pet store being a "Cheap zoo" hahahahaha I LOVE IT!!!!

kellysouthpaw

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 am

My question is: if the pet store is a "cheap zoo" where are the cheap monkeys?

Then as I was typing that up, I thought of a possibility...

Answer: Sea monkeys...??

Jilly
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby Jilly » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:28 am

I also really liked the episode. Lots of great moments already recapped, but man, "budget bears" is great. (My son is getting a "budget bear" for his 7th birthday this summer. Methinks I'll name him Bret.)

About the first song: Bad Atom, I agree with you -- it really did feel like a season 1 song.

And Nancy, when you mentioned Piano Man/Billy Joel, did you mean the overall feel of the song, or was there a specific Billy Joel reference that you caught? Because as soon as I heard the song, it totally gave me a Billy Joel troubadour vibe, but I can't put my finger on why. (I love 1970s Billy Joel!)

I'd also like to give a big shout out to the casting gods of FOTC. THANK YOU so much for casting regular looking women as Bret and Jemaine's love interests, or potential love interests. Why is it that loser sitcom guys almost always date gorgeous models (or part-time models, as the case may be)? I don't mean to slight any of the wonderful, lovely actors who have been on the show, I just think it's awesome that Bret and Jemaine aren't dating, say, Jennifer Aniston.

kellysouthpaw

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:13 am

Rachel Blanchard (Sally) from S1 was pretty gorgeous - but I think the guys made it clear that no one was fooling themselves into thinking either one of the guys stood an actual CHANCE with her.

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Jilly wrote:I'd also like to give a big shout out to the casting gods of FOTC. THANK YOU so much for casting regular looking women as Bret and Jemaine's love interests, or potential love interests. Why is it that loser sitcom guys almost always date gorgeous models (or part-time models, as the case may be)? I don't mean to slight any of the wonderful, lovely actors who have been on the show, I just think it's awesome that Bret and Jemaine aren't dating, say, Jennifer Aniston.
True dat. With the exception of Sally, all their chicas on the show have been pretty in a "real" way as opposed to a Hollywood way. Sarah Wynter who played Keitha is actually bordering on model-esque good looks (if you see her with makeup at premieres - whoa!) but it was totally downplayed on the show and that rocks. :rock:
90% evil
ImageImage

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:16 am

Jilly wrote:I also really liked the episode. Lots of great moments already recapped, but man, "budget bears" is great. (My son is getting a "budget bear" for his 7th birthday this summer. Methinks I'll name him Bret.)

About the first song: Bad Atom, I agree with you -- it really did feel like a season 1 song.

And Nancy, when you mentioned Piano Man/Billy Joel, did you mean the overall feel of the song, or was there a specific Billy Joel reference that you caught? Because as soon as I heard the song, it totally gave me a Billy Joel troubadour vibe, but I can't put my finger on why. (I love 1970s Billy Joel!)


It just reminded me right away of Piano Man melodically and rhythmically; and then he switched to playing the piano, so it really sounded like it. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's another song or two that would fit the mold as well.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

yvettiefred
Giving the paper to the people
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby yvettiefred » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am

i totally thought of piano man too for the first song, if you listen to piano man, you will hear the similarities.

User avatar
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!
Posts: 3266
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Bump!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

Image

I am bike-cheese!


Return to “HBO TV series”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron