HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

Postby SheWolf » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

H.... wrote: Can you pass me the kleenex SW??
Sure thing H my friend.

I forgot to mention that despite the lack of Jemaine I think the Petrov rendering was one of the most successful song transitions this season.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby H.... » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Sure thing H my friend.

I forgot to mention that despite the lack of Jemaine I think the Petrov rendering was one of the most successful song transitions this season.

*hands back an empty box*

I thought so too. I loved the pure cheapness of the eaten limbs.
Throw us your potatoes!
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby bibliaddict » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 pm

H.... wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
Sure thing H my friend.

*hands back an empty box*

I thought so too. I loved the pure cheapness of the eaten limbs.

I'm really torn about this version - I really prefer the Folk the World version of the song, but I really like the visual interpretation of the song. Next time I listen to FTW, I'll definitely compose a new version of the video in my head using Taika's concept.
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby H.... » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:21 pm

I prefer the FTW version too, they missed some parts out as well, like they always seem to.
Throw us your potatoes!
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:45 pm

*sigh*

I had a hard time with this one - knowing that it was the last one, I had some trouble enjoying it. Seemed like I just couldn't stop going, "Wow, it's all over. I can't believe it. This is IT" and I ended up missing or not REALLY paying attention. And I was just so sad! Felt like my heart was in a block of ice at the end. I felt all sad and depressed. I'll have to watch it again.

Having had a day or two to think about it though - I'm being selfish. I know this is not the last we will hear from them, heck, we've already heard about a few projects the boys will be doing after this (Despicable Me, Gentlemen Broncos, possible return of The Video Kid).

Still. Not the same.

*sniffles*

I was a little miffed that they kept Jem out of Petrov, Yelyenda and Me - however I see how it wouldn't make sense for the storyline to have him in there.

And I did enjoy seeing Murray's faces while the boys were performing the musical.

Also, as soon as Murray said, "Bit of bad news" after the show, I knew EXACTLY where it was going. I remember SW making a comment saying, "If the episode was titled 'Deported' like the BBC radio series, I'd know then that it was the end" or something to that effect. I realized that was exactly what was happening and that it meant it was almost definitely the end. That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks and I just couldn't enjoy the rest of the episode.

Great job guys...good on ya. Definitely.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Cuse » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:31 pm

Thought it was a good ending. No "Jenny" for two seasons, though. Woulda been funny (long, but funny).
Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 am

Some other things: I am in love with McCelgnie's dad. A weaving, harp-playing sheep lawyer...
And I loved Mel's expression when she sees Jemaine as a prostitute. Like, "I missed out on what?!!"
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark

Postby Carol » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:41 am

Sarah, what a lovely post. It made me cry.

Like everyone else, since the airing of the finale, I've reflected quite a bit and find that I can't settle on one particular emotion. I'm grateful, so grateful, to have had the pleasure of watching such talented in men do such talented things in such talented ways. Then again, I'm so sad that it's over--for me. My "what I looked forward to each week" is now gone. And I'm supposed to deal with this well and quickly? :?

I, too, knew what was going to happen when Murray said that he had terrible news. It was like a thud in my chest. It's done, I thought and sank deeply into my chair.

SW~I fear that what you spoke of as a portrayal of what may happen and that we lose them may be true. And that makes me so selfishly sad.

And though I'm feeling rather maudlin right now, my heart isn't broken because Jemaine and Bret--
... if you’re trying to break my heart
Your plan is flawed from the start
You can’t break my heart, it’s liquid
It melted when I "met" you

*deep sigh of denial, mixed with a heap of lower lip biting and more than a dash of burning to the eyes*
Carol

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 am

To all that's been said I cannot add a thing...well one thing...
Murray got them mixed up with Luke Skywalker - how?!!

Because Bret said something to the effect of "But that's a whole nother year.." (something very much like that - I'll edit this when I see the episode again) - that line was taken directly from the very first StarWars movie back in the early 70's - Luke Skywalker said it to his grandfather when discussing something he wanted to do and his grandfather wanted him to wait. Can't remember the exact situation, but will never forget Luke saying, "But that's a whole nother year." I always got such a kick out of the grammatical error.

I felt kinda down when seeing them back in NZ, but was quickly uplifted when I popped outta TV land and back to reality because in a mere 21 days, I'll be in THE PIT with Nancy Hilner at RCMH and if we have any tears at all it'll be tears of joy and laughter.

They're coming back to America...at least for awhile...YAY! It isn't over.

Plus, we have Gentlemen Broncos to look forward to...oh Ronald.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Carol » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:02 am

This is kinda off topic, but.....you got seats in THE PIT??? OMG! That's fabulous!! Here at the Ryman, I'm all the way in the back. :( But I'll be sharin' air with the kiwi cuties! :D
Carol

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:I felt kinda down when seeing them back in NZ, but was quickly uplifted when I popped outta TV land and back to reality because in a mere 21 days, I'll be in THE PIT with Nancy Hilner at RCMH and if we have any tears at all it'll be tears of joy and laughter.

They're coming back to America...at least for awhile...YAY! It isn't over.

Plus, we have Gentlemen Broncos to look forward to...oh Ronald.
I'll be screeching in the pit too but, like the last ep, I know I won't be able to escape the thought that it will be the last for some time. When I saw them last year I wasn't sad when it was over coz I knew there would be another tour but now it's all a bit melancholy, pleasure mixed with pain.

When the frig is Gentleman Broncos going to come out? Jem filmed that a year ago.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Ladies, it's SUPPOSED to be crap. Anyone who would think otherwise has missed the whole point of Ronny's website. See I call him "Ronny" now...we're viry viry close.

I am greatly extremely looking forward to the crap. The worse it is, the better.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Of course it will be crap. Has Jared Hess made a watchable movie yet?

I liked Napoleon Dynamite. So there.

No, I heard there was lots of gross-out humor in it. I like broad humor (I mean, how could I ever watch as many Will Ferrell movies as I do?) but have a hard time with the non-procreative bodily functions stuff.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Well SA there is good crap and bad crap. The Ronald stuff will be good crap, of that I am certain. The rest of the movie however I suspect will be unwatchable.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:03 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:
Of course it will be crap. Has Jared Hess made a watchable movie yet?

I liked Napoleon Dynamite. So there.
well nanny nanny poop poop. :roll2:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series