It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Ideas for S3?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: Ideas for S3?

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 17, 2009 10:22 pm

dandy lyons wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:While I don't necessarily want a season 3 - I think it's a lot of fun to just throw around ideas and get some laughs out of potential material for a season three...

That said -

:roll2:

I LOVE THE IDEAS!! These are great you guys! I'd love the guys to hear these ideas :lol: I just woke up so my creative juices aren't flowing quite yet, but I'll keep these ideas on my palate and see what I come up with a bit later, eh/aye? :rolls:

Can we expect a first draft script by week's end? :lol:

:lol: Maybe with some more ideas I can start writing a ROUGH draft of the first draft :rolls:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Oaky » Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 am

Again, no script ideas. But what I realised hasn't been in the show yet is a FULL version of Robots/THAD. We've had a bit in the first episode and snippets in their gigs, but never the full thing done as an official song for the show.

Care to tie that in with the storyline somehow? :P
"What are you doing in here?!"
"Fixing the shower..."
"It wasn't broken!"
"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P
Oaky
New arrival

Postby Bad Atom » Wed May 20, 2009 3:36 am

I disapprove of this whole thread. :hrmpf:

:P
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 20, 2009 3:41 am

:o How could anyone disapprove of this WHOLE thread?

There's some real gems in here!

*shakes fist*
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Just another idea I had...

The beginning of the season could start in NZ, where they left off. Mid-season, there could be a return of the Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus. Steve tracks them down and they have a rap battle.

Later on in this episode, Jemaine could be walking down the street alone or something, when he is confronted by a support group of women who were impregnated by his potent rhymes. They demand that he should pay child support and there could be an awkward pause before he panicks and starts running in the opposite direction. The angry mob of women start chasing after him. It doesn't matter where he hides. He can't escape them.

So he flees the county (along with Bret) and that's when they end up in Mexico (read previous posts for the rest of the story).
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 22, 2009 11:17 pm

While in NZ they must fit in The Bus Driver Song. Show us all those top New Zealand landmarks/sights. (they teased us so in S2 - New Zealandtown)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby vmh » Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 pm

So he flees the county (along with Bret) and that's when they end up in Mexico (read previous posts for the rest of the story).

I meant to write country. But it's too late to edit.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 23, 2009 12:19 am

Aw I love it! There's gotta be some reason they flee the country - I think it'd be funny if they return to NZ and it turns out they have wives and like...whole lives that we've never heard or seen about. But I have no idea how that'd actually work... :hrm: I just think it's funny.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby songbird » Sat May 23, 2009 3:13 am

vmh wrote:The beginning of the season could start in NZ, where they left off. Mid-season, there could be a return of the Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus. Steve tracks them down and they have a rap battle.

YES :roll2:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kikiexpress » Sat May 23, 2009 3:25 am

Hahaha! Everyone's ideas are so great :roll2:
I think they should have the first few episodes of them in NZ trying to earn money to get into the US and maybe one job can be tour guides and they can fit in the Bus Driver Song :wink: Maybe then after a few episodes they try to get into the US. I love the Mexican Border idea though in the beginning! Such a funny idea actually to make. For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life
kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 am

kikiexpress wrote:For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD

YES!! :rolls:

It is SO typical of Dave to be like, "oh you guys were gone?! I just thought you were both ... *insert lame Dave-ism here*"
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:
kikiexpress wrote:For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD

YES!! :rolls:

It is SO typical of Dave to be like, "oh you guys were gone?! I just thought you were both ... *insert lame Dave-ism here*"

Love this! That's quintessential Dave right there.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 am

How about an episode where they end up in a roller skating rink. They could come up with a great disco song, and I can just see Jem in tight white polyester with his shirt unbuttoned to there. :D

In their imagination it's all foxy ladies and john travolta types, then flash to reality and it's all 11 year old girls having birthday parties. One little girl developes a mad crush on one of the guys, (awkward, but plausible, at least in my house) and Mel is forced to do fan/battle with her.

Bret could put his "limbo skills" to work in this episode as well.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby jackvancouver » Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Since their US Visas expired and the re-application process means you have to wait (or they've been banned from the US). How about setting the show in Vancouver and film in the Downtown East Side? (that has high similarities to the region in NYC that they shot in, and it's cheaper)

Dave won't be back though, and Mel won't be back until mid-season and another obsessed fan takes her place for a bit. Dave will be replaced, I'm thinking a good candidate for a Dave replacement is Paul Bae.

There will still be the New Zealand Canadian consulate. Though Greg won't be there, re-casting could be thought up by the guys.
jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Hmm...maybe...but I'm partial to the other ideas with starting in NZ then running over the Mexico border. It'd give them the opportunity to use some of their older songs (Stana, Nothin Wrong, etc)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series