What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
kellysouthpaw
 Post subject: Re: Ideas for S3?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 pm 
She's like Switzerland

dandy lyons wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:
While I don't necessarily want a season 3 - I think it's a lot of fun to just throw around ideas and get some laughs out of potential material for a season three...

That said -

:roll2:

I LOVE THE IDEAS!! These are great you guys! I'd love the guys to hear these ideas :lol: I just woke up so my creative juices aren't flowing quite yet, but I'll keep these ideas on my palate and see what I come up with a bit later, eh/aye? :rolls:

Can we expect a first draft script by week's end? :lol:

:lol: Maybe with some more ideas I can start writing a ROUGH draft of the first draft :rolls:

Oaky
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:55 am 
New arrival

Again, no script ideas. But what I realised hasn't been in the show yet is a FULL version of Robots/THAD. We've had a bit in the first episode and snippets in their gigs, but never the full thing done as an official song for the show.

Care to tie that in with the storyline somehow? :P

"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P

Bad Atom
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:36 am 
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

I disapprove of this whole thread. :hrmpf:

:P

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:41 am 
She's like Switzerland

:o How could anyone disapprove of this WHOLE thread?

There's some real gems in here!

*shakes fist*

vmh
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:38 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

Just another idea I had...

The beginning of the season could start in NZ, where they left off. Mid-season, there could be a return of the Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus. Steve tracks them down and they have a rap battle.

Later on in this episode, Jemaine could be walking down the street alone or something, when he is confronted by a support group of women who were impregnated by his potent rhymes. They demand that he should pay child support and there could be an awkward pause before he panicks and starts running in the opposite direction. The angry mob of women start chasing after him. It doesn't matter where he hides. He can't escape them.

So he flees the county (along with Bret) and that's when they end up in Mexico (read previous posts for the rest of the story).

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

While in NZ they must fit in The Bus Driver Song. Show us all those top New Zealand landmarks/sights. (they teased us so in S2 - New Zealandtown)

vmh
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:25 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

Quote:
So he flees the county (along with Bret) and that's when they end up in Mexico (read previous posts for the rest of the story).

I meant to write country. But it's too late to edit.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 pm 
She's like Switzerland

Aw I love it! There's gotta be some reason they flee the country - I think it'd be funny if they return to NZ and it turns out they have wives and like...whole lives that we've never heard or seen about. But I have no idea how that'd actually work... :hrm: I just think it's funny.

songbird
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

vmh wrote:
The beginning of the season could start in NZ, where they left off. Mid-season, there could be a return of the Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus. Steve tracks them down and they have a rap battle.

YES :roll2:

Image Image

kikiexpress
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:25 am 
Giving the paper to the people

Hahaha! Everyone's ideas are so great :roll2:
I think they should have the first few episodes of them in NZ trying to earn money to get into the US and maybe one job can be tour guides and they can fit in the Bus Driver Song :wink: Maybe then after a few episodes they try to get into the US. I love the Mexican Border idea though in the beginning! Such a funny idea actually to make. For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:32 am 
She's like Switzerland

kikiexpress wrote:
For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD

YES!! :rolls:

It is SO typical of Dave to be like, "oh you guys were gone?! I just thought you were both ... *insert lame Dave-ism here*"

vmh
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:58 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

kellysouthpaw wrote:
kikiexpress wrote:
For some reason I always think Dave might have thought they never left NYC and they were still there or something xD

YES!! :rolls:

It is SO typical of Dave to be like, "oh you guys were gone?! I just thought you were both ... *insert lame Dave-ism here*"

Love this! That's quintessential Dave right there.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:52 am 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

How about an episode where they end up in a roller skating rink. They could come up with a great disco song, and I can just see Jem in tight white polyester with his shirt unbuttoned to there. :D

In their imagination it's all foxy ladies and john travolta types, then flash to reality and it's all 11 year old girls having birthday parties. One little girl developes a mad crush on one of the guys, (awkward, but plausible, at least in my house) and Mel is forced to do fan/battle with her.

Bret could put his "limbo skills" to work in this episode as well.

jackvancouver
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:22 pm 
New arrival

Since their US Visas expired and the re-application process means you have to wait (or they've been banned from the US). How about setting the show in Vancouver and film in the Downtown East Side? (that has high similarities to the region in NYC that they shot in, and it's cheaper)

Dave won't be back though, and Mel won't be back until mid-season and another obsessed fan takes her place for a bit. Dave will be replaced, I'm thinking a good candidate for a Dave replacement is Paul Bae.

There will still be the New Zealand Canadian consulate. Though Greg won't be there, re-casting could be thought up by the guys.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 pm 
She's like Switzerland

Hmm...maybe...but I'm partial to the other ideas with starting in NZ then running over the Mexico border. It'd give them the opportunity to use some of their older songs (Stana, Nothin Wrong, etc)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next