What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
jackvancouver
 Post subject: Re: Ideas for S3?
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 pm 
New arrival

I think the immigration issues jokes have been beaten to death. If season 3 were to start, it would need to detract from the usual hijinks and start with something new.

Going to Canada would be a much better way to curb the immigration storylines.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 pm 
She's like Switzerland

You wouldn't be saying that because you live in Vancouver, eh? ;)

jackvancouver
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:34 am 
New arrival

No, it's cause the cities have similarities that would translate well.

dandy lyons
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 am 
Consistently Mediocre

So if we return to the Mexico idea, they need to get the Latin Conchords on there as B & J's doppelgangers (awesome!) thus the perfect segue into "Stana". :lol:

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:21 pm 
She's like Switzerland

Yes, dandy, YES!! :rolls:

kikiexpress
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:19 pm 
Giving the paper to the people

nonchalant obsession wrote:
How about an episode where they end up in a roller skating rink. They could come up with a great disco song, and I can just see Jem in tight white polyester with his shirt unbuttoned to there. :D

In their imagination it's all foxy ladies and john travolta types, then flash to reality and it's all 11 year old girls having birthday parties. One little girl developes a mad crush on one of the guys, (awkward, but plausible, at least in my house) and Mel is forced to do fan/battle with her.

Bret could put his "limbo skills" to work in this episode as well.

YES :rolls:
That's such a great idea and I love the little girl idea as well haha!

vmh
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:36 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

I don't like the idea of a new character replacing Mel because Kristen Schaal did such a great job playing role of the obsessed fan. It would be hard to fill her shoes. If they brought new characters on the show, they would have to give them entirely different roles.

kikiexpress wrote:
How about an episode where they end up in a roller skating rink. They could come up with a great disco song, and I can just see Jem in tight white polyester with his shirt unbuttoned to there. :D

In their imagination it's all foxy ladies and john travolta types, then flash to reality and it's all 11 year old girls having birthday parties. One little girl developes a mad crush on one of the guys, (awkward, but plausible, at least in my house) and Mel is forced to do fan/battle with her.

Bret could put his "limbo skills" to work in this episode as well.

YES :rolls:
That's such a great idea and I love the little girl idea as well haha!

Yes, and then they could film it at the Moonlight Rollerway in Glendale and invite me! :D J/K.

No seriously, HBO people-If S3 ever happens and you guys need extras, contact me. I will work for free and be totally professional, I swear!

The roller skating idea sounds much too similar to a promo video they did for Sub Pop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJ5a6aJOb8

But I'm loving the idea of an 11 year old girl and Mel fighting over one of them.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 pm 
She's like Switzerland

I could see them harassing each other with useless trivia about the guys,

"Well did you know about Bret's mole on the small of his back!?" *shot to Bret making "WTF" face*
"Pfft, I knew about that before you were alive - what about Jemaine's shoe lifts? Did you know about those?"
"Oh please, everyone knows about that" *shot to Jemaine looking down, pouting in embarrassment/disbelief*

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:03 am 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

kellysouthpaw wrote:

"Well did you know about Bret's mole on the small of his back!?" *shot to Bret making "WTF" face*
"Pfft, I knew about that before you were alive - what about Jemaine's shoe lifts? Did you know about those?"
"Oh please, everyone knows about that" *shot to Jemaine looking down, pouting in embarrassment/disbelief*

:roll2: Hilarius! "I knew about that before you were alive" :rolls: Bret's mole!!! :clap: You should be a writer!

vmh: Yeah, I saw that video... see - they already have the skating skills required! OK so they digitally enhanced a few shots, but I'll bet they could pull it off. P.S. How kind of you to offer your services... :D

vmh
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

P.S. How kind of you to offer your services... :D

Well, you know...I just want to do my part to help out for the greater good. :wink:

kikiexpress
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:01 am 
Giving the paper to the people

kellysouthpaw wrote:

:rolls: I can actually see that happening haha!
Mel and a little 11 year old duking it out to see who knows the guys more.
Vmh I agree about bringing in a new character replacing Mel. It wouldn't really be the same and Kristen did a great job playing her in the last 2 seasons so it would be kinda weird if a brand new fan came and replaced Mel.

Corrine
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:17 am 
Consistently Mediocre

I could throw my 2 cents in on the reality of the immigration plots. (Not that anyone in TV cares about reality.) But what the heck...

Probably would make more sense for the guys to go to Canada and then come across the border there, since it is not enforced as much as Mexico. Although I agree the Mexico border might be more funny, being more of a challenge, and possibly somewhere throwing in a "Stana" song. I always kind of imagined Dave being the coyote, like someone mentioned in another thread. He thinks he knows exactly what he's doing, and decides to hide the boys in a compartment of a truck, while he and Murray ride in the front (Dave being a U.S. citizen and Murray having his diplomatic visa.) But the truck that Dave chooses turns out to be something that draws a lot of attention, the camera pans out and I'm imagining something like the Oscar Meyer Weiner truck or something as they drive up to the border check point.

The idea of them trying to marry Americans that turn out to be Canadians could be funny too! Unfortunately (reality check) even if they were to marry Americans it wouldn't help them get a green card if they came across the border illegally (At least not since 2000) However, they could have used that plot as a defense to deportation in the last episode of season 2, since at that time their last entry was presumably legal.

Anyway, these are all good and fun ideas, and I love the one about having it in NZ for a little while. If they do have a season 3, I also think they should bring Coco back as Bret's girlfriend somewhere, and poor Jemaine will have to finally get a decent girl.

vmh
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:31 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

Corrine wrote:
But the truck that Dave chooses turns out to be something that draws a lot of attention, the camera pans out and I'm imagining something like the Oscar Meyer Weiner truck or something as they drive up to the border check point.

:rolls:

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 am 
She's like Switzerland

I love Coko. She needs to come back... *writes her into script*

jackvancouver
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:45 am 
New arrival

Corrine wrote:
Probably would make more sense for the guys to go to Canada and then come across the border there, since it is not enforced as much as Mexico.

Forget crossing the border, staying in Canada is a good alternative...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next