What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
helgecko
 Post subject: Re: Ideas for S3?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:10 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

I like tree, you like tree,
Enough small tree, let's tree the tree!!

(as an avid environmentalist, I heartily approve :lol: )

Image Image Image Image

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

helgecko wrote:

:roll2:

ZebraWarriorPrincess
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:09 pm 
Posing like a swan

helgecko wrote:

:rock: :rolls:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 am 

I definately think there should be a season 3.

They have stated in interviews that the characters are loosely based on themselves and things that in some cases actually happened to them in their pursuit of success as a band.

Maybe they could let the Bret and Jemaine of the show start to get some of the same success and incorporate many of the (I'm sure) quite hilarious things that have happened to them along the way. I can just see the "North American Tour" episodes. The guys invited to swanky parties with celebs. TV commercials, oh for like cell phones or Outback. Um, maybe a few movie deals? How would they grapple with actually having money?

There are so many genre's to parody, so many ridiculous people to poke fun at, and so many people who enjoy the show. We must all make a lot of noise to HBO so that they offer the guys a great deal to return.

I know it was hard work for Bret & Jemaine, but I love this quote: A person speaking to the artist Renoir who continued to paint despite great, physical agony, "Why do you go on and torture yourself like this?" Renoir looked at the canvas on which he was working and replied, "The pain passes, but the beauty remains."

Another great quote from the movie, "Shakespeare in Love": The Master of the Revels despises us all for vagrants and peddlers of bombast. But my father, James Burbage, had the first license to make a company of players from Her Majesty, and he drew from poets the literature of the age. We must show them that we are men of parts. Will Shakespeare has a play. I have a theatre. The Curtain is yours.

Oh, I know I'm being very dramatic but I feel like FotC is something of a masterpiece. :boohoo:

C'mon guys. We want more.

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:49 am 

Nonchalant, im so glad to know that there is another die hard fan of Shakespeare In Love on this board. I love that movie so much. Great post! I love your posts.

I was thinking exactly the same storyline. I was thinking that some entertainment industry person would have been in the audience when they did the play in the last episode of season 2. It would bring them over for a commercial or something. It would spiral into art imitating life. Can you imagine the hilarious episodes with Murray trying to figure all this out. Mel following them from town to city. There is just oodles of great material, ive been writing that storyline since I had a dream about it not too long ago.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm 

4everconchordsfan wrote:
Nonchalant, im so glad to know that there is another die hard fan of Shakespeare In Love on this board. I love that movie so much. Great post! I love your posts.

I was thinking exactly the same storyline. I was thinking that some entertainment industry person would have been in the audience when they did the play in the last episode of season 2. It would bring them over for a commercial or something. It would spiral into art imitating life. Can you imagine the hilarious episodes with Murray trying to figure all this out. Mel following them from town to city. There is just oodles of great material, ive been writing that storyline since I had a dream about it not too long ago.

Yes, Shakespeare In Love is in my Top Ten! And this quote sums up how I feel about Season 3...

Philip Henslowe: The show must... you know...
William Shakespeare: [prompting him] Go on!

:roll2: The comedic timing in that movie is amazing.

I gotta watch that movie tonight... LOVE IT!

Yes! Your ideas are great, I love them traveling around. Maybe film the show on location in all of our own towns! :wink:

kikiexpress
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 am 
Giving the paper to the people

nonchalant obsession wrote:
I definately think there should be a season 3.

They have stated in interviews that the characters are loosely based on themselves and things that in some cases actually happened to them in their pursuit of success as a band.

Maybe they could let the Bret and Jemaine of the show start to get some of the same success and incorporate many of the (I'm sure) quite hilarious things that have happened to them along the way. I can just see the "North American Tour" episodes. The guys invited to swanky parties with celebs. TV commercials, oh for like cell phones or Outback. Um, maybe a few movie deals? How would they grapple with actually having money?

There are so many genre's to parody, so many ridiculous people to poke fun at, and so many people who enjoy the show. We must all make a lot of noise to HBO so that they offer the guys a great deal to return.

That would be nice seeing the show incorporate their real life success :D
Some scenes they might exaggerate it a little to make it more funnier. Maybe in one scene after they start to get popular they get interviewed by a magazine and they ask them how they first met... Bret: Well I saw Jemaine getting pushed around by Sarah, the cute 3rd grader that moved that week.
Jemaine: Actually Sarah didn't push me around she actually was complimenting my new jacket on how nice and warm it was.
Bret: But she pushed you...
Jemaine: She was rubbing too hard, you know how girls get when they see a guy like me trying to save them in their lonely need. They get touchy.

Hahaha! My friend and I were making up random thing that they would say if they were ever asked a question like that in the show. :rolls:

vmh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

As much as I love dreaming up ideas for new episodes, it's going to be really tough on them and their families if they continue with a third season and for that reason, I'm con S3. I know they're best known for the HBO series but it's not all they do. I'm just happy that we have so many new projects from them to look forward to.

songbird
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am 

I think that if they do end up doing a season 3 (which I am not necessarily all for it, I think the second season ended too perfectly to be tampered with), then they should go into it knowing if it is going to be the final season, and with that in mind they will be able to give the show some good closure. It should be announced in advance that it would be their final season, so that people will know and will be able to almost "prepare", if you will, for the end of the series. That way there will be no disappointment or worries about not doing future seasons.
I don't know, that's just sort of how I always saw it happening in my mind.

Image Image

vmh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

I know the series is officially over but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic after rewatching S2 and almost half of S1 over the past month. I'm happy with their decision but ideas still pop into my head all the time. My question is: Had they continued, who would you like to see guest star? Or are there any old characters you would have liked to see return?

I haven't given it too much thought but I think Jenna Fischer would fit in with the show. Parker Posey as well. I don't have any ideas for their characters other than just love interests. Plus, didn't Jem hang out with Richard Linklater during Fantastic Fest? He wrote and directed Dazed and Confused (which Parker Posey was in). There's a connection.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm 
She's like Switzerland

I loved Coco (Coko, Koco, however you spell it). I would have loved for her and Bret to be back together...

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 pm 
Can Attack!

I would love to see Taika and Loren show up. And Jennifer Coolidge in some capacity. And Michel Gondry must do another episode, for sure, if we're dreaming here. And another Jim appearance!

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

Sutton Foster is amazing! Is she still doing Shrek? They had Sally return. Why not Coco? :(

I think it would be cool to see Taika and Loren too! I wonder how much say the guys had when it came to casting?

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 pm 
---

I think Jenna Fisher is a good choice for a J love interest in the show. I always like her roles. I just saw her in The Promotion on HBO....She didnt have a very big role, but it was good nonetheless.... She's in The Office, right? :lol: Ive never watched that show...

I just looked her up on IMbd and she was born in my hometown! :D

eejm
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

I really, really wanted to find out how Dave met B & J. I always thought there was a fun story behind how they started hanging out.

I'd have also loved to have seen just one Eugene-prominent episode. It's mostly because I want to find out what other facts were in his "How To Get It Done" book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next