Moderator: Venus

HBO Announces 3 DVD 'Complete' Collection set

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue May 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Just saw this & yay it includes HBO's One Night Stand! :clap:

Flight of the Conchords - HBO Announces a 3-DVD 'Complete Collection' Set

Flying home late this coming August

Posted by David Lambert
5/04/2010

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie - a.k.a. Flight of the Conchords - moved to New York in the hopes of forging a successful music career. Unfortunately, despite their status as "New Zealand's 4th Most Popular Folk Parody Duo," fame and notoriety continue to elude them. Helping them navigate the strange world of the Big Apple are Murray, their devoted manager and New Zealand's Cultural Attache; Mel, their obsessed (and only) fan; and Dave, a local pawn shop owner and de facto counsel for how to assimilate in America. Watch as Bret and Jemaine contend with unrequited love, inept criminals, prostitution, and epileptic dogs, breaking into song as they clumsily try to break into the New York scene.

In the never-before-released Flight of the Conchords: One Night Stand, Bret and Jemaine make their HBO debut performing in front of a live audience in 2005. DVD Features: Flight of the Conchords: On Air Documentary Feature Dave's Pawn Shop Commercials New Zealand Consulate Meetings with Murray and Greg.

The first and second seasons have been released separately on DVD, but with Jemaine and Bret deciding late last year not to return for a third season, HBO Video has announced that on August 24th they will release Flight of the Conchords - The Complete Collection. This new 3-disc set includes the contents mentioned in the studio description quoted above, at a cost of $49.99 SRP. Further details aren't available yet, nor is box art. But stay tuned and we'll update you when we can!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: HBO Announces 3 DVD 'Complete' Collection set

Postby bibliaddict » Wed May 05, 2010 1:15 am

Glad to see the One Night Stand show will finally be released! More bloopers would be nice, though...
Spandex Inspector #12
bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DaMango » Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 am

That's cool about ONS, but it sounds like they're just trying to double dip, and make more money off of the guys. They're not offering enough extras to make me want to pay 50 bucks for the same thing I already own. Wasn't there a combined Season 1 and 2 set released last year too?
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:25 am

I'll definitely buy this one :) ONS was epic so it's really cool they're finally releasing it on DVD ^^
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"
NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Ditto, Mango.

Now if there were outtakes and deleted scenes from S1, I'd be all over it......
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Carol » Thu May 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I guess I'm not quite reading properly or something. :dunno:

Exactly what is included? I already have seasons 1 & 2, but do not have One Night Stand nor the On Air Documentary. Did I read it right? The On Air Documentary is included along with the pawn shop commercials and the consulate meetings? :hrm:

Actually, I do have Comedy Central's butchered and shortened version of One Night Stand, but that just doesn't cut it!
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Venus » Thu May 06, 2010 6:26 pm

You don't have the On Air documentary, Carol? It's one of the special features on the Season 2 DVD. I agree, Laura and DaMango. It's great that ONS is being released on DVD but I'd love to see more outtakes and deleted scenes particularly from Season 1 since we haven't seen any yet.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Carol » Thu May 06, 2010 6:56 pm

It is? I totally don't have a recollection of that! See, my age is truly catching up with me! :rolleyes: Thanks for responding so quickly! And now I'm happy knowing that I DO have it!

In my defense, I haven't been able to get to my DVD in nearly 8 months, so.......does that release me a bit from my idiotic oversight? Maybe? Just a little? :whistle:

I don't think I could rationalize spending $50 just to get One Night Stand- no matter how much I want it. Funds are just too tight for that.

Deleted scenes and outtakes from Season 1 could have made me say "screw it" to my finances though!
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Sherry » Wed May 12, 2010 6:10 pm

I think most people who wanted to see ONS have long ago obtained it via other means. HBO were stupid and should have released it years ago with the others from the 2005 run.

I'll not spend anymore money on this box set that's for sure.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm

I might, just because then my two volumes can be loaner copies!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Ditto that!!!
closet jemainiac
---

Return to HBO TV series