Re: S1 Rewatch: Episode 10 - "New Fans"

Postby Faith » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Sometimes I wonder about their fashion sense. :que: :rolls:
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: S1 Rewatch: Episode 10 - "New Fans"

Postby eorious » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm

mockingbird wrote:
eejm wrote:I wondered about the tub and the window too, mockingbird. My thought is that the house Summer lives in was a single family home that was cut up into apartments. Certain rooms tend to have a funny set up in houses like that. My guess is that the tub is around the corner from the door, or in a separate rooms. Bathtubs were sometimes put in a different room than the toilet in the 19th century because it was considered unhygenic to bathe in the same room that you did your business.

When I was a young adult (it pains me a little to say that ;)) I spent a lot of time in these broken up old house apartments you describe, so I know what you're talking about. That window just doesn't make sense to me though. It looks too much like it belongs on the outside of a house. Maybe half the apartment was added on to the outside of an older building? I guess that's possible.

My grandparent's house had a window exactly like that leading from their bathroom to their family room. It was over the tub though. They had added the family room to the outside of the house (actually, they enclosed the back porch to make an extra room). So the window seemed perfectly normal to me.

eejm wrote:And yes, I'm aware that I spent a good five minutes of my life working this highly important scenario out.
mockingbird wrote:Me too. Cumulatively we're up to ten minutes.

There's my two minutes. :D
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Previous

Return to HBO TV series