" .... I'm not crying
there's just a little bit of dust in my eye
from the path that you made when you said your goodbye
I'm not weeping cause you won't be here to hold my hand
for your information there's an inflammation in my tear gland
I'm not upset because you left me this way
my eyes are just a little sweaty today...." :tears:

thanks for the memories, FOTC, you're one class act :thumb:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Well there you have it.

Postby Gracie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 am

Aaaahhh, I've been out all day. Can't believe I missed this piece of news. Not that it's a surprise or nothin.

Oh well, here's to Bret and Jemaine, two of the most awesomest people in the whole wide world. :partyman:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.
Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Good for them. I've always had the impression that these guys have integrity, and this confirms it.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

Postby biscuit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm glad to hear it :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby SheWolf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:37 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote: My sadness isn't pretty I'm afraid. I just can't gladly accept the end of something that I adore so much...I can't even type anymore, it only makes me cry and I don't want to clean up any more vomit tonight.
Awww buck up little nonchers. There will be more Bret and J cuddles fir ye in Euro 2010. Right noncherino? :) :wink: :nod:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:57 pm

So good to hear from you again, Whambi and trefusis! :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby trefusis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Nancy! :wave:
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Is it wrong that I am all :) because this will leave them time to tour ? (my little sister still wants to see them live...)
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm

no, that's the right attitude :D
It's a psychological analogy
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby Carol » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I applaud them for this decision. They are wise in keeping true to themselves.
They've given us so much more than funny lyrics, funny scripts and special moments. They've given us honesty, humility, tenacity, integrity -just to name a few! I truly admire both of these men.

The ONLY thing that would disappoint me would be if they allowed FOTC to end. I think that would slay me.

Thanks, Jemaine and Bret, my life is better because you 'came' into it. :prayer: :heartbeat:
Carol

Postby Faith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:42 am

Well, there's nothing for me to say that hasn't already been said. While I'm not surprised at the news, I am a bit sad about it being the end. Although the show may be gone, as long as FOTC is still around, I'm happy.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Digitoonie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:25 am

I'd much rather be sad that the show is ending than upset about them making a half hearted third season. So I'm glad it ended on such high notes for me. Being completely honest about that. Image 100% Honest.

This gives them more time to do super awesome stuff! I'm excited about the future. :D
"Garfunkling" is not a trend... it's a way of life.
Digitoonie
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:25 pm

As I am rambling through the 'five stages of grief', I'm really stuck in depression and having trouble moving on into acceptance.
(Mainly because I'd prefer to remain in denial..... I'm still kinda angry..... and I'm not done bargaining)
and also mainly because I'm having trouble "accepting" a few things....

-No more Murray. Image

-No more Mel. Image

-No more Eugene, Doug, Dave, or Greg. Image

-No chance to see what hilarious situations B & J could come up with for B & J. (I have no doubt they could equal or even top their previous work, I am completely confident that their ideas are bottomless...)

-No chance to enjoy so many creative and diverse music videos starring my favorite Kiwi's in so many creative and diverse costumes. :wink: Just think about it. Image Freaky, Prostitute, Business Time...

-Less opportunity of seeing them work with and highlight the talent of so many other wonderful comedians. :down:

-No reason to keep HBO. :hrmpf: I place most of the blame here.

-Losing the excitement of waiting for each new show. :cross:

-No new episodes to view over and over, each time catching some subtle bit that I had missed. :purple:

-No new screencaps. Image

-No Season Three Shirt Smackdowns. :shock:

-The loss of the ability to "see" the guys. I'm not referring to any of us I'm sure, :halo: but there are some who enjoy the ability to watch them enact for our viewing pleasure, so many things. :whistle: Sleeping, eating, dancing, working out, fighting, making out, laughing, crying, arguing, um...businesstime....etc. :horny: :###:

-The unwritten songs. The show drew many extra songs from them, that perhaps would never have existed since they were specifically written for a scene. Songs that I adore. Image

-Losing the characters Jemaine Clemaine and Bret McClegnie. It was them who drew me to the real Bret and Jemaine. I will miss them so much that it hurts. Image

maybe I'll list more if I can stop crying.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(and my grief counselor said this would help) :bang: :wink:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mockingbird » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:37 pm

I know how you feel, nonch. :goodman: I think the thing that bummed me out the most was when they said "the real Bret and Jemaine will continue to exist." Because the flip side of that reassuring bit of news is that the fictitious B & J no longer exist. I refuse to accept that! :hrmpf: Nope.

I still think they'll do some kind of FOTC special, so I'm consoling myself with that. Um, consoling... or, clinging to false hope? :dunno: Whatever. I'm having fun sailing down the River Denial, lol. I still think they'll make new Jemaine Clemaine and Bret McClegnie stories, but I don't think it'll be for a while. :( Still, we have the tour next year to look forward to. Lots of new banter and YouTube videos and yummy photos and Sugalumps... it'll be interesting to see if they do basically the same show or if they throw some new things in there. My anticipation for all this is only slightly dampened by the fact that I don't get to see any actual shows... but I can live vicariously through all of you. ;) (And don't worry, I will!)

I think maybe what is called for is a big bottle of wine and a mass viewing marathon of S1 and S2. :nod: :partyman: We can laugh and cry on each other's shoulders and reminisce about how we first reminisced, lol.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

You know, the more I think about this, the more I feel like Bret and Jemaine should be doing more to help us through this difficult and painful time. I mean, they can't just break up with us like this - over the internet, no less - and then just go on their merry way like nothing ever happened. I never even got to do the teary half-drunk phone call in the middle of the night, and I'm pretty sure that's required in these situations.

So, here are some ideas for how B & J could help ease us through this transition.

1. Come to each WTFers house and make profiteroles.
2. Write a song in honor of each of us.
3. Don stubbies and wash our cars.
4. Make a third season.

I mean really, guys. After all we've been through together.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series