Post about it here.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: S1 Rewatch: Episode 1 - "Sally"

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:17 am

Random things I noticed from my rewatch of "Sally":

-One of the "seven other dudes" was dancing hugging his beer bottle which was funny.

-Could someone explain to me why walking on the outside of the girl makes a difference?

-When Jemaine and Sally are on the couch, Jemaine had a button popped on his shirt. Then I noticed that they were snaps and not buttons on closer inspection. :waggle:

-I love when Eugene is around.

-Murray's high tech in this one. He had a laptop on his desk. Wonder where it disappeared to?

-Bret and Jemaine were sitting in the wrong chairs during the band meeting. Kinda threw me off.

-"You get into a Fleetwood Mac situation. Although there was four of them, so that was more like a love square." :lol:

-Watching Bret mess with his helmet during the making of the Robots video. He was having issues. :lol: And the DG-20 made an appearance which I don't think I've noticed before.

-"How many have you had?" "One, just one." Awww, Bret. :heart:

-The whole "It will be weird. It won't be weird" conversation is my favorite.

-I finally caught what Mel's shirt says on it after she hugs him. "I'll take the Bretalyzer Test." :lol:

-I wonder if it was on purpose that when Sally breaks up with Jemaine, there's a No Dumping sign behind her on the fence.

-Bret at the end of "I'm Not Crying" makes me laugh every time. He's really getting into it.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:29 am

Faith wrote:Random things I noticed from my rewatch of "Sally":

-One of the "seven other dudes" was dancing hugging his beer bottle which was funny.
Haha I liked that too
-Could someone explain to me why walking on the outside of the girl makes a difference?
Could it be because then he is on the curb side which incase a car like splashes or something HE would get it and not her??
-When Jemaine and Sally are on the couch, Jemaine had a button popped on his shirt. Then I noticed that they were snaps and not buttons on closer inspection. :waggle:
FINALLY someone notices that!!
-I love when Eugene is around.

-Murray's high tech in this one. He had a laptop on his desk. Wonder where it disappeared to?I think I've read before where Jemaine says they filmed out of order that's why it's like that.

-Bret and Jemaine were sitting in the wrong chairs during the band meeting. Kinda threw me off.

-"You get into a Fleetwood Mac situation. Although there was four of them, so that was more like a love square." :lol:

-Watching Bret mess with his helmet during the making of the Robots video. He was having issues. :lol: And the DG-20 made an appearance which I don't think I've noticed before.

-"How many have you had?" "One, just one." Awww, Bret. :heart:

-The whole "It will be weird. It won't be weird" conversation is my favorite.

-I finally caught what Mel's shirt says on it after she hugs him. "I'll take the Bretalyzer Test." :lol: Never noticed that!

-I wonder if it was on purpose that when Sally breaks up with Jemaine, there's a No Dumping sign behind her on the fence.

-Bret at the end of "I'm Not Crying" makes me laugh every time. He's really getting into it.
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby Peaches » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 am

Faith wrote:Random things I noticed from my rewatch of "Sally":

I think it's because if a car drives past and splashes up mud etc, a man should be on the outside to shield her :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:38 am

bakergirl30 wrote:-Could someone explain to me why walking on the outside of the girl makes a difference?
Could it be because then he is on the curb side which incase a car like splashes or something HE would get it and not her??

That makes sense.
Faith

Postby Peaches » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 am

I said betterer :P Kiddin...

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:53 am

And doesn't Dave live with his parents? I always thought that when they're at the party it looks like an apartment (and single mans one at that...)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 am

Maybe they were out of town that night.
Faith

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:28 pm

I think they changed things around for later episodes.

Did you notice the bedroom is laid out completely differently? There's a chair in the bedroom that went away, and later on, Bret wouldn't be able to see the doorway from his bed.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Peaches wrote:I said betterer :P Kiddin...

No you did Peaches! When I went back to read it I was LIke WHAT?? I left out what might splash him.. duh.. water or mud! :doh: In my defense it was later and I was tired! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby curlisue » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

People used to say that the man should walk on the outside 'cos in the UK, before proper sanitation, people used to throw their chamber pot contents out of the window onto the street :shock: with the warning "garde l'eau", probably where the word loo came from :lol:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence
curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:24 pm

This was the best shot I could get of Mel's shirt.

The guy on the right is the one who cracks me up hugging that beer bottle. And maybe it's just me, but the guy in the back dancing by Dave sorta looks like Aziz Ansari.
Faith

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 pm

curlisue wrote:People used to say that the man should walk on the outside 'cos in the UK, before proper sanitation, people used to throw their chamber pot contents out of the window onto the street :shock: with the warning "garde l'eau", probably where the word loo came from :lol:

Your right! I have heard that too, just saw that on the History channel a few weeks back! :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby SheWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm

I think it's weird how the kitchen looks so different.

Yeah that's Aziz.

FWIW the no dumping sign is always there and I doubt it's a coincidence that it's noticeable in that scene. Here’s a pic of it from our WTF walking tour last summer.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebearess ... 133486265/
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm

SheWolf wrote:I think it's weird how the kitchen looks so different.

Yeah that's Aziz.

FWIW the no dumping sign is always there and I doubt it's a coincidence that it's noticeable in that scene. Here’s a pic of it from our WTF walking tour last summer.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebearess ... 133486265/

Yeah, the kitchen was pretty bare bones... I don't even think they had any cabinets, it was like just a counter and a sink.

I thought that was him!

I totally want to do the walking tour if I ever make it back to NY again.
Faith

Next

Return to HBO TV series