HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season One

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season One

Postby Sherry » Mon May 07, 2007 4:41 pm

For anyone wanting more info on the Conchords HBO show I've created a page on WTF! with clips (to view or download) screencaps, crew and cast list, episode list (partial, to be updated as more are confirmed) and all the HBO series news.

Read it all here

Feel free to discuss here or in this ongoing HBO thread
Last edited by Sherry on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 pm

BIG NEWS

10.05.07 - Read this and weep! Unless you live in LA or one of nine other US cities that is..... read it here first!

People in LA have a chance to get tickets to the HBO Flight of The Conchords premiere episode preview on Tuesday May 15th. Want to see it before anyone else? Want bragging/blogging rights? Want to be the envy of many and be top friend/gf/bf/other to the guest you are allowed to take with you? Answered 'yuss' to all of this? Then maybe I can help!

I have the Knowledge! Kind of like the taxi cab drivers have it to find their way round London, I am a walking talking font of information where the Conchords are concerned. That and people like the site and the guys and send me stuff on the hush hush ;) Thanks to a certain someone who shall remain nameless for the info ;)

Without further ado, go try to get tickets to the Cornerstone LA screening here. Any jammy git lucky enough to attend this event, please be kind and take pictures and/or email me a report to put on the site. Cheers.

Uhhh did I mention nine, yes 9 other US cities will also be screening the season premiere? Or did you miss that in all my excitment and waffling? The nine cities - in no particular order are - New York City - Philadelphia - San Fransisco - Austin - Atlanta - Chicago - Boston - Seattle - Washington DC

Previews confirmed so far

Los Angeles - Tuesday May 15 - click here for more details and to request tickets

Philadelphia - Wednesday May 16 - click here for more details and to request tickets

New York - Thursday May 17 - click here for more details and to request tickets

And don't worry, I'll be sharing the other dates and times as they come in. So watch this space <- -> or sign up to the What The Folk newsletter and get the information emailed to you direct. Follow the simple sign up, complete registration via email confirmation and you are away.

And umm, if that were not enough to have you feeling a tiny flutter of excitment and anticipation then I'll ice the cake for you and tell you that its rumoured that Bret and Jemaine will be at the LA and New York events! In person! With facial hair! And not a mullet in sight.
Last edited by Sherry on Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 pm

UPDATE

I'm told by someone in the know that " the boys will not be able to attend the LA screening as they are in the midst of production in NY! I know they would love to be able to attend the NY screening but it really depends on their shooting schedule…." Hmm minor crudlet eh :|

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 15, 2007 6:12 pm

*Update*

Are these tickets meant for the general public? Someone in the know at HBO said that the screenings were open to the general public! Yay :) But then elsewhere now it is being said they are not. Don't yell at me, I'm as confused as you are. Go yell at HBO (but yell nicely, use spellcheck, say thank you and sign your email with hugs and kisses xoxoxox )

So umm yeah. Bummer if it is closed to the general public. Sorry to mess people about. I was told it was for general public. But someone else has been told its not. Anyways :sofa:

I'm so frazzled I have no clue :wtf:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Wed May 16, 2007 2:10 am

We promise to be nice to the messanger.

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Wed May 16, 2007 5:16 am

Im watching ep01 right now

http://www.myspace.com/hboflight

And im loving it! Cant wait for the premier party!

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Wed May 16, 2007 6:03 am

onewithdog wrote:Im watching ep01 right now

http://www.myspace.com/hboflight

And im loving it! Cant wait for the premier party!

It is actually amazing. Mind is actually blown.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Wed May 16, 2007 7:14 am

AWESOME! My favourite part:
"Rumours?"
"No, it's all true!"

OMG! They used The Lips! :shock:

I love the ABBA-music-video technique in I'm Not Crying too :P That whole sequence is fantastic!
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Goodbye Babylon
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Goodbye Babylon » Wed May 16, 2007 10:01 am

Thanks for the link!

I loved
-the round about conversation
-how the wind blows inside
-the duck
-helmet hair
-the acting

Didn't like the manager and crazy stalker lady's voice. Sucks that I don't get HBO.
a squirrel is the same as a can.....
when there is a bb gun in my hand

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 16, 2007 11:02 am

Goodbye Babylon wrote:
Sucks that I don't get HBO.

Hi GB :) Welcome to the forum. Good you've been able to see the first episode. Don't worry too much that you don't get HBO. There are ways *ahem* of seeing it :whistle: Be sure to keep an eye on things here for details.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 16, 2007 11:11 am

Wooo! :woohoo: Good people seem to be liking what they saw. I'm at work atm so can't do anything to update the main site but I'll get onto it in my lunchbreak.

And no, I've not seen it. I'm sorry. Well I'm not :P I have my principals and one of them is a) I don't like thearseoftheinte... I mean MySpace much. Its a hack job of a site and b) I'd prefer to see it on a decent sized screen blah blah :roll:

Its clever marketing by HBO tbh. Myspace has become a good tool for marketing of bands and acts etc, so it makes sense to run it there.

Anyways, glad people liked what they saw. I'm going to wait a bit longer
:wtf: :thud: You know me, cranky and particular about such things :roll:

Goodbye Babylon
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Goodbye Babylon » Wed May 16, 2007 11:45 am

Will do.

Aren't you just that little bit tempted.
a squirrel is the same as a can.....

when there is a bb gun in my hand

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Goodbye Babylon wrote:
Aren't you just that little bit tempted.

Hehe no. I'm good like that.

I'm one of those people I guess. It really won't do anything for me seeing it on a small flash player via Thearseoftheinter.. I mean MySpace. In fact, quite the opposite. Leaves me somewhat cold.

If I began to tell you, I'd be here for hours writing a long ramble about my dislike of the whole 'machine'. I have a hard enough job reconciling myself to this already :lol:

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Wed May 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Seems kind of silly to post the whole episode, when the screenings haven't even taken place yet.

I signed up for the NY screening. It only asks for your company name, which leads me to believe that they probably don't really care. I work for a big magazine company, so probably not a problem for me. Will post about it (assuming I make it).

(Prettiest Girl was my fave part from my quick look at the vid)

Jawbreaker4Fs
New arrival

Postby Jawbreaker4Fs » Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 pm

I've signed up for the Philly one tonight, so I'll be sure to let everyone know if I can get in. I put down my company as my university.. hopefully I can pretend I work for the paper or something. Heh.. it's 21+, so I'm going to use my New Zealand passport as my ID. Hopefully that'll get me in, since I'm one of them :D

Return to “HBO TV series”