Messaging options - PM info

Forum Guidelines, registration and general info including FeedBack and Tech help and Testing sections. Please read before posting.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Messaging options - PM info

Postby Sherry » Sat May 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I realised today that a chunk of you don't know about the options of your PM set up or even realise you have a Saved Messages option so you can store any messages you wish to keep.

A few things you might not know but may well find handy

1) All boxes go up to 100 messages. After this your Inbox will simply put any new messages into a queue till you make room for them. This is the default setting.

2) There should be a Saved messages option in the left hand menu. If you see it then its working for you and you can move over any messages you wish to save.

3) You can create up to 6 folders for yourself. Name them anything you like and they will store up to 100 messages each. If you've not got a Saved messages folder, you can create one or more :lol:

* In the OPTIONS menu on the left hand side of you PM settings, at the bottom it will have one saying Rules, folders & settings
* Click on it
* You'll see options to ADD NEW FOLDER and REMOVE FOLDER and IF FOLDER IS FULL options. Do with these what you will till you have enough storage options to suit your PM needs.

Hopefully that will sort out any storage space issues you are having.

I also suggest you have a look round the other settings options and make any adjustments that will help you when visiting the forum. Each of us are different and so some different options may appeal. Have a looksee and pokel about a bit till you have it to suit your preferences.

Any questions. Ask them here. Now is your chance to find stuff out.

vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Messaging options - PM info

Postby vmh » Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 pm

I read that earlier when you were explaining it to SheWolf and kellysouthpaw. I didn't know about it either until today but now that I do, it makes things so much easier. Up until now, I was copying and pasting messages I didn't want to delete into a MS word document but that was starting to get tedious so I just started deleting everything. And I love that we have 4 extra folders instead of just 1. Thanks for the info. 8)
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Ha- me too!

I was too lazy to delete and would let them build up until I saw that my box was full and I had PMs waiting....then I'd plod through and delete a block, saving others to a file on my comp.

8) to know!

*In looking, I see I don't have a Saved Messages option, but I can set up for a certain number of messages to placed in a folder when they get to 100.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 25, 2010 3:21 am

I was doing some PM housecleaning and added a new folder, but as soon as I did, the Saved Folder disappeared! :shock:
Please don't tell me I just lost all of my saved messages. :pray:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 25, 2010 6:51 am

You would have Nancy, yes. No idea why you lost a folder.

I just did a test folder in my account and it worked.

Sorry. Nothing I can do.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue May 25, 2010 10:48 am

Aw flip! I had no idea :P

I started out copying into Word but then I got fed up in the end and just deleted lots of stuff. :doh:

Well, well, I guess you can't keep everything anyway (but I will definitely be keeping more from now on :wink: )
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

As a followup, I found my saved messages. :yay: :D For some reason, the folder names were changed when I created a new folder. Now my Saved Messages are located in the New Messages folder, and my new messages are located in a spot I didn't name - the Inbox. I'm not renaming or adding anything until I have time to devote to really going through everything there. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 am

Hi, this is nearly as bad as asking where the "On" switch for the computer is, but -- is there supposed to be a "Send" button on the PM Outbox page, & could someone please point me to it?

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Once you've finished drafting a PM, you click on "Submit" underneath the box where you have composed your message and this sends the message to your "Outbox" folder on the left hand side which means that your message has been sent to your recipients Inbox. When the recipient of the message has opened your PM, the message will then be moved to your "Sent messages" folder. Don't hesitate to ask any more questions as it does take a little while to get used to and navigate around a forum. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:24 am

Thanks, Venus!

Return to “Forum Guidelines, registration and general info”