Welcome to the What The Folk! discussion forum A place to read and chat about Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie and just about anything else connected with them. Not solely confined to the Conchords as our guys like to dip their toes into lots of pools these days.
These forum guidelines/rules are intended for people to read before they begin posting. They can also be used to refer back to at any time if in doubt about something and needing to clarify.Welcome to the What The Folk! forumGeneral Rules and Disclaimers
* This is a moderated forum. Your friendly neighbourhood mods are mohumbhai mania,Venus, Nancy and SuzyBatt. If you need mod help or wish to discuss something with them please post to Feedback or send one of them a PM (private message). Please make sure you contact the mods who monitor the area of the forum you wish to ask about. Moderator decisions are final.
* Please be considerate when posting here. We are all here to enjoy ourselves and talk about things that (hopefully) make us smile. Post in a way that is respectful of others. Flaming or abusing others here or elsewhere, in any way will not be tolerated.
* Post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". English, proper words, no ALL CAPS, excessive abbreviations and punctuation and so on.
---> OMG, LMAO ur so kewl :>>>> !!!!1111 <--- O please no
* Please do not post here to advertise your site. At least, not without checking with the mods first. Posts will be deleted and the account closed if we think someone is here with the sole intention to advertise.
* No out and out swearing please. If in doubt, don't use it.
* Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, violent or otherwise discriminatory is not permitted. This includes pictures, clips or links.
* Peoples political and religious views differ greatly. With this in mind we feel the What The Folk! forum is not the place for you to air them on. There are many forums out there for such discussions should you wish. Post on them please. Political and religious posts will be removed from the forum.
* No spam. No spamming. No spammy spam.
Posting rules* Our forum has numerous sections. Please take time to get familiar with what is where. Please post in the relevant forum. Feel free to go mining for old topics and make them active again if you have something you wish to add. We won't mind in the least Some sections of the forum have notice posts in them. Please ensure you read them as they have some information in them regarding the relavent section. They may also contain a few extra pointers for that section or an explanation of how things work.
* Please respect Bret and Jemaine's privacy. Getting overly 'personal' about them on these forums means you will find those posts removed by moderators. By all means have some fun, enjoy some innuendo but ensure you don't get too carried away
* Discussion and/or speculation about their respective families and private lives is off limits. Please be aware posts containing reference to wives and children will be deleted
. Mentions of family in a professional role, ie if they appear in a play or film will be allowed but personal life, marriages etc is off limits.
* Please do not post torrent links on the forum.
* Please don't discuss other Conchords related forums here. Keep forum talk about WTF! thanks. Information on the following can be found by clicking the linkies
Avatars & SignaturesImages & GifsWe reserve the right to amend or change these rules, disclaimers and notices at any time. Members need to check back to the forum rules for changes from time to time. We don't always inform via a post to let you know they have been amended.