Rhys Darby to appear in MONTREAL - gig CANCELLED

Rhys Darby, the legend that is Murray. Everything and anything to do with Rhys post it here please.

Moderator: Venus

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:24 am

Oh no :( :( :( Rhys, why? Why why why??? :cry:
Well actually it's a good thing I found out. Otherwise I would've showed up in Montreal only to find out no show was happening.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:26 am

songbird wrote:Oh no :( :( :( Rhys, why? Why why why??? :cry:
Well actually it's a good thing I found out. Otherwise I would've showed up in Montreal only to find out no show was happening.

:(
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 am

Well, there'll still be a show of course, just Rhys won't be in it.
Man, this sucks. :(

Damn it, and I was so excited to see him after I saw "Yes Man" on the plane home from Germany the other day...

Image Image
songbird

Postby vmh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 am

I'm sorry songbird! :(

I know it won't be the same as seeing the live show but if you want, I could try to get him to sign something for you if we get a chance meet him. Or if my camera is on good behavior that night, I could try to get a video shoutout for you. Should I have him address you as songbird? :)
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 am

:tears:
ImageImage
Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 am

vmh wrote:I'm sorry songbird! :(

I know it won't be the same as seeing the live show but if you want, I could try to get him to sign something for you if we get a chance meet him. Or if my camera is on good behavior that night, I could try to get a video shoutout for you. Should I have him address you as songbird? :)

Aw, that's so sweet of you vmh! :D If that ends up happening, it would probably be better if he addressed me by my real name...have him address me as Sam. But seriously, don't go out of your way or anything to do that if it's too complicated. But if you happen to meet him or something, that would be so sweet of you.

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of this mess is the prase "O FORTUNA!" (I had to memorize Carmina Burana for my tour, so whenever luck isn't on my side I tend to yell out that phrase :lol:)

Image Image
songbird

Postby funny schipperke » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 am

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of this mess is the prase "O FORTUNA!" (I had to memorize Carmina Burana for my tour, so whenever luck isn't on my side I tend to yell out that phrase :lol:)

That makes me think of Ignatius J. Reilly. :lol:
Image Image
funny schipperke

Postby vmh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 am

songbird wrote:
vmh wrote:I'm sorry songbird! :(

Aw, that's so sweet of you vmh! :D If that ends up happening, it would probably be better if he addressed me by my real name...have him address me as Sam. But seriously, don't go out of your way or anything to do that if it's too complicated. But if you happen to meet him or something, that would be so sweet of you.

Will do! Elena and I will both be there so we'll look out for him after the show. If there's an opportunity to meet him, it won't be any trouble at all. :D
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Rhys Darby to appear in MONTREAL - gig CANCELLED

Postby songbird » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 am

Aww, thanks so much vmh, that really means a lot. :D

Oh well, at least I'll be introduced to some other comedians from down under that could use my support. The show I'm going to see is called "Late Night Down Under", and it's all comedians from Australia and NZ. Sounds like my kind of show :lol:

Image Image
songbird

Re: Rhys Darby to appear in MONTREAL - gig CANCELLED

Postby LauraK » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:51 am

I'm so sorry he won't be there, songbird, but :clap: vmh for the fabulous offer of a video shout-out! :supz:

You've got a great attitude about it and I bet you'll have a wonderful time and loads of laughs even w/o Rhys. Hopefully he'll make it up to you in the future...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Previous

Return to Rhys Darby