What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Sherry
 Post subject: Rhys Darby
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:42 pm 
Professional Blonde

I just noticed Rhys is on a mini tour over here and is playing a few gigs in Bristol. Which is not a million miles away, about 50 in fact.

Few things though - the website for ticket info is crap. Really crap. And little info.

Next is that the gigs are this week and I am already committed to a big party on Saturday and a Stuart Davis gig in Sunday. Friday is the only night I *could* go but The Bloke is not home till about 10pm and I can't be doing with going up there on my own.

So I ain't going.

Rhys is often gigging in London so I guess next time I am there I may see if he is appearing anywhere and go see the show then.

But really, so crap the performance line for acts ends at Bristol. Its like the south west does not exist. Happens time and again acts don't make it down this way. Some of the big names do as there are some dencent venues size wise for them but smaller acts are harder to get to see.

Such crap.

Crap is my word of the day.

Crap

:shock:

Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:32 pm 
The One Guy

Poop

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:26 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Seeing as Rhys is in my neck of the woods (Sin City) for Ellen's Big Comedy show, I looked into buying tickets and :shock: *gasp* the going rate is $450+. As usual, the ticket price has been ridiculously inflated no thanks to resellers who buy them in bulk from Ticketmaster and jack up the price by 900%. :cross:

Seeing as I can't afford to actually attend the show, I sent Rhys a message asking if he would be available afterwards. His response was that he'd probably mill around since it's his first time in Vegas.

I have my fingers crossed :pray: that I can catch up with him on Thursday. Wish me luck! I'll be sure to take pictures if it's not too chaotic out there. I've never been to the Colosseum, so it should be interesting... :|

saffymatt
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:55 am 

How much fun is that going to be..if you can catch up with him. :boogie:

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:08 pm 

saffymatt wrote:
How much fun is that going to be..if you can catch up with him. :boogie:

I know! I hope it all works out. :)

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:39 am 

:nana: :macarena: Yay! I have another reason to banana dance.

My husband just got free tickets to one of the comedy festival shows!! I'm not sure which one Rhys is involved in, but the mister said that it will start at 7 p.m. at the Caesar's Palace and it's sponsored by TBS, Kings of Comedy and somebody else (no - not Ellen). Which is why I don't exactly think it's Ellen's show, but another act running at the same time. No biggy for me though...at least I can participate in the festivities and maybe catch up with Rhys during the festival. Woo hoo! :woohoo:

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:37 am 

I love Rhys Darby. I think I'm developing a bit of a crush on him. He's just...awesome. I saw him live last year in the NZ Comedy Festival. He was brilliant. I got in touch with him about it through email and he emailed back. He's a very nice dude.

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:53 am 

beck wrote:
I love Rhys Darby. I think I'm developing a bit of a crush on him. He's just...awesome. I saw him live last year in the NZ Comedy Festival. He was brilliant. I got in touch with him about it through email and he emailed back. He's a very nice dude.

I can see that. :hrm: I have a weak spot for men with a good sense of humor. I was also impressed that he even bothered to get back to me. I've never met him, but he seems genuine. :heart:

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:36 pm 

Well, my update on the show is that I had a good time, but no Rhys.:cry: It was chaotic (to say the least). We had free tickets, but the traffic and parking situation was so bad, we missed half of our show. Luckily, there were tickets available for a taping of Frank Caliendo's TBS show, so we made our way to that ballroom and had a blast. Funny guy.:lol:

Long story short...we waited around the Colosseum to see if maybe we could spot Rhys, but after 1/2 hour of standing around, we gave up hope and went home (work night). Oh well. Maybe next time. We were looking at the program and Kristen has a gig tonight and another on Sat or Sunday. I wish I had known or I would've tried to get tickets for that too. *sigh*

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:12 am 

Is Frank Caliendo on Mad TV? And he does like...the greatest impression of George W Bush ever?

FanBase
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:25 am 

beck wrote:
Is Frank Caliendo on Mad TV? And he does like...the greatest impression of George W Bush ever?

I'm not sure about Mad TV. I know he has a new show called Frank TV. He is spot-on with his Bush impersonation. The show we saw was titled, "All Over the Place." Good experience overall considering no Rhysie. :wink:

saffymatt
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:19 pm 

beck wrote:

Yes. He was on Mad TV. I'm not sure if he is still on it because of his new show, Frank TV, on TBS.

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:00 pm 

Man he does the best impressions! Especially John Madden...I can't even tell them apart!

There's a good article on Rhys in the Sunday paper. I'll try find the linkee.

Katie
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 pm 
I pretty much dislike anyone associated with MadTV, because I find the humor pretty stupid and thoughtless... but I do like Frank Caliendo's John Madden impression.

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:55 am 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartimes/ ... 20517.html

Here we are!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next