Arj Barker

Arj Barker, friend of the Conchords and has the part of Dave in the HBO TV series. Stuff to do with Arj in this lil sub forum please.

Moderator: Venus

Re: Arj Barker

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 am

How wonderful you folks are having a mini-meet/reunion! :D
Post some photos, maybe? :hrm:
Some day, some day, we'll all be in the same place at the same time! :hammer:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby LauraK » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:59 am

Cool beans! Have a great time (I'm sure you will) and hope you get some face time with Arj. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 am

Anna picked me up from the hotel and we went to dinner. That was in a very nice underground Italian restaurant. I mean underground like 30 steps. We had some wine and nice pizzas. Individual pizza's one white truffle mushroom pizza and a marguerita pizza. Then the show, and we did not drink as much as last year...we were hammered then...
The show was really refreshed, witty, funny, a bunch of new material. A couple of standards he is known for mixed in. I had figured out that night was my 6th time seeing him in Denver.

Afterwards we had a great time with Arj. He spent a lot of time talking to us after the show. I asked him about his post on facebook about the possibility of him moving to Australia full time. You all know me, I gave my opinion, he appreciated me just talking to him and giving him my thoughts.
He explained that it had a little to do with publicity and working on a project.

He was in a wonderful mood. When Vanessa and I saw him in LA around March/April, he was not very talkative, stood around by himself at the bar and just seemed bummed out. When Vanessa asked him if he was staying in LA for a bit and he said yeah he thought for a few days, but then the next day he got a last-minute deal on a flight to Australia and took off.

This is his first gig back in the States. That trip obviously did him a world of good, I bet touring with the FOTC was a big boost for him, because he was just beaming and positive. He definitely had a blast. We did not even talk FOTC to him, after seeing his face when every single person says something to him referencing FOTC over and over. For example: "I love FOTC - how are they? Are they coming here again?, that is such a great show, they are so funny" We noticed that he would be polite but, he was there on his own merit, that is the difference between USA and Australia fan-wise. I had just figured it out that they love him for him, we mostly love him for FOTC...so he is torn between the two places.

He is such a down to earth guy, always chatting, always remembers
us, so it was great to see him again. The Pic is a bit blurry, we were in a dark cave like hallway underground. Like I mentioned earlier, most of the night spots are underground in Denver. So not worth posting, and btw, he looked a bit thin. But good.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Happy to hear both you and Faith had a wonderful evening! Aww, that's great he was talkative with you guys. I'm intrigued to find out more about the project he's working on in Australia, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough! Thanks for the recap. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Previous

Return to Arj Barker