Arj's Debut Comedy Album 'LYAO'

Arj Barker, friend of the Conchords and has the part of Dave in the HBO TV series. Stuff to do with Arj in this lil sub forum please.

Moderator: Venus

Arj's Debut Comedy Album 'LYAO'

Postby Venus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Flight of the Conchords’ Arj Barker Releases Debut Comedy Album LYAO Jan 26
January 5, 2010 – 7:48 am

On January 26, Warner Nashville/Degenerate Records will release Arj Barker’s debut comedy album LYAO. Arj, one of America’s most offbeat observational comics, has appeared on several television comedy shows in addition to his well-known and hilarious character “Dave” on the hit HBO show, Flight of the Conchords. Available on both CD/DVD and standalone DVD, LYAO will also debut as a Comedy Central special January 24.

Click here to watch the LYAO Trailer

Upcoming Tour Dates:

Jan 14 -16 Hyena’s Comedy Nightclub (Dallas, TX)

Jan 20 Washington & Lee University (Lexington, VA)
Jan 29 University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY)
Feb 4 – 6 Parlor Live (Bellevue, WA)

Warner Bros. Records/Degenerate Records comic Arj Barker releases his debut comedy album, LYAO, on Tuesday, Jan. 26, after the Comedy Central special debuts Sunday, Jan. 24. LYAO will be available on CD/DVD and standalone DVD.

In LYAO, which stands for “laugh your ass off,” Arj Barker pokes fun at controversial topics ranging from gay marriages and religion to global warming and losing Pluto as a planet. Barker also points out the constant misunderstandings faced through our growing technological advancements (each track name reflects a common communication abbreviation) which can easily be remedied through fonts that convey tone, such as “Sarcastica” and “Good Times Roman.”

Arj Barker is famously recognized for appearing as Dave, Bret and Jermaine’s friend on the HBO sitcom Flight of the Conchords and as a fifth season semi-finalist on Last Comic Standing. He has made appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as well regularly headlining clubs in the US, UK and Australia. Barker has also appeared on Comedy Central Presents in 2000 and 2006, and Premium Blend.

CD / DVD Track Listing:

1. LOL
2. <3
3. WTF
4. GTFO
5. ROFL
6. HFS
7. SOS
8. LMAO
9. JK
10. HAHA
11. OMG
12. BFF

Source

A pic of the album cover:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Arj's Debut Comedy Album 'LYAO'

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

oh, man this is perfect that Twitter-bug! Can't wait!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby DaMango » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:30 pm

What!!???? OMG! The Parlor in Bellevue is just blocks from my home! I'm so excited!!!
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm

DaMango wrote:What!!???? OMG! The Parlor in Bellevue is just blocks from my home! I'm so excited!!!

LUCKY! I have yet to see Arj live. Hopefully I'll get to someday :pray:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby DaMango » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Just come visit me for the weekend, CJ, and we can go together. :D
DaMango

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:40 pm

I wish :)
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Cool. Get lots of pics Mango. He walked you home last time didn't he? :yawinkle: Invite him over after the show.

I'd see Arj again. I think he's da shiz.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby DaMango » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 pm

He didn't walk me home after the Seattle show, but I did wander the streets with him in search of a particular bar. :lol: The Bellevue venue really is within walking distance of my apartment, but there are much classier places to hang out in Bellevue than my humble abode, LOL. Hopefully my hunny will come with me this time, because I'd love for him to meet Arj. I'll definitely get pics!
DaMango

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 am

Ooh! DeMango, you are so lucky girl! I hope you get to see him after show again too!

I hope he comes nearby Phoenix. I will travel to see him though, I have done it before! He is well worth the trip. :D
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 pm

That's great you'll be able to see him again, DaMango! You must share all the details of the show and perhaps hanging out with him after the show again! I'd like to see him live someday. He did say he may be coming over to the UK in the summer so I hope I'll be able to see him then. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 am

Just reading my latest issue of Entertainment Weekly and was browsing 'What's on Tv' section when I happened upon some great news. Arj Barker's LYAO comedy special will be televised on Comedy Central this Saturday January 23rd. Check your local listings.

Went to Comedy Central website to check it out & found this:

"Arj Barker: LYAO" makes its World Premiere on Comedy Central Saturday January 23 at 11:00pm / 10:00c.
Name: Arj Barker

Legal Name: Ricky Schroeder

Date of Birth: Do the math

Place of birth: Vagina

Hobbies: biking, guitar, snowboarding, needlepoint, hang gliding, coloring

Some of my Favorite CDs: OK Computer (Radiohead); Odelay (Beck); Devil's Music Vol. I (White Zombie); Dummy (Portishead); Dark Side of The Moon (Pink Floyd); Follow the Leader (Rakim and Erik B); Kind of Blue (Miles Davis); Enima (Tool); Moon Safari (Air)

Favorite Restaurants: Jim Otto's Burger King (Auburn,CA), Pluto's (Marina, SF), DeNiro's (Edinburgh, Scotland), 1st (Lower East Side, NY, NY), Cecile's Trattoria (Venice, Italy), Randy's Grub Hut (Botswana, Africa)

Graduated: Sir Francis Drake High, 1989 Airco Technical Institute, 1989 Bryman Bartending School, 1989 Control Data Institute, 1989

Current City(s) of Residence: San Francisco, Hollywood, London, Yreka, Hemel Hemstead

Drink of Choice: Jamison Whiskey "on the rocks" -- (KIDS, ask your parents permission before drinking and driving!), Chivas Regal and YooHoo, "cran-flap" (vodka/soda/cranberry)

Comedic Influences: Marty Stouffer

Favorite Food: Italian, Scottish

Countries Performed in: United States, Canada, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, N. Ireland, Channel Islands), Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Holland, Germany, Poland, France, China (Hong Kong)

Arj Barker's debut album, "LYAO" will be available on CD and DVD after his Comedy Central special airs. He's known for his work on HBO's "Flight of the Conchords" and as a fifth season semi-finalist on NBC's "Last Comic Standing." He's made appearances on "The Late Show with David Letterman," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," as well as regularly headlining clubs in the U.S., UK and Australia. Arj has also appeared twice on "Comedy Central Presents" and "Premium Blend." In addition, he has his own Flash series, "Arj and Poopy," based on some of his stand-up material that stars him and his cat, Poopy. The series has been syndicated to AtomFilms.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:34 am

All right!! :clap: Setting up to tape that....:)

Some of his answers had me :roll2:

Arj wrote:Place of birth: Vagina

...and he did a lot of graduating in 1989...:lol:

I'd love to see him live. Are you going to watch this, DaMango, or wait til his show? :D
So cool that you get to see him again...hope the bf goes and you get lots of pics of you guys all hanging out together. :supz:

Thanks, 4ecf!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Place of birth :roll2:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!