What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
ASmallTurnip
 Post subject: Re: Kristen Schaal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 pm 
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

dangerous person wrote:
Looks like Kristen could be gracing our TV screens in the UK (Channel 4) with a Penelope Princess of Pets series: have a look
here
:D

Oh, lovely! Fingers crossed for that. C4's been a bit rubbish for the last little while (for the love of god, no more Big Brother and titty shows!), so it's nice to hear that they're trying to develop more interesting material. She'll do well here.

Speaking of Kristen, are you going to see her show at the Soho Theatre, DP? Or you, H, or Spune, or any of you other awesome Brits out there? I just got my tickies in the post the other day - I'm taking my dad on the 23rd. I'm so looking forward to it. I love doing stuff with my Da, and the fact that it's to go see Kristen just makes it that much better. A little bright spot on the horizon! Yay!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:28 pm 
Boom King!

Aw cool. I bet Kristen will talk about her vagina at least once which might be weird with your Da sitting next to ye.

dangerous person
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

ASmallTurnip wrote:
dangerous person wrote:
Looks like Kristen could be gracing our TV screens in the UK (Channel 4) with a Penelope Princess of Pets series: have a look
here
:D

Oh, lovely! Fingers crossed for that. C4's been a bit rubbish for the last little while (for the love of god, no more Big Brother and titty shows!), so it's nice to hear that they're trying to develop more interesting material. She'll do well here.

Speaking of Kristen, are you going to see her show at the Soho Theatre, DP?

Oh God yes, no more reality TV please!!!!!

I hope you and daddy have a lovely time Turnip, I didn't get tickets as I'm not sure how keen I am on Kristen yet, and we've spent too much as it is on theatre tickets recently..... :oops:

halokiti
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:18 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Article in Esquire about Kristen Schaal: http://www.esquire.com/features/televis ... s-mel-0209

The author is wacked though cause he just uses all these smart words and the article is ultimately pointless. I don't even know if he has watched more than one episode since this is how he describes FOTC.
Quote:
New Zealanders who play in a novelty band, date lots of beautiful women, live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, and star in amusing musical dream sequences

I don't know what he means by lots of beautiful women.

The pic they used was not the greatest either, she looks like she is in the middle of jumping up & down.

ASmallTurnip
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:35 pm 
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Unnngh. Feeling horribly hungover. Why on earth did it seem like a good idea to go bar-hopping with my dad? And that fifth round of grappa was totally unnecessary. Please forgive me if I make a nonsensical mess out of this. I. Want. To. Die.

But Kristen! Kristen was AMAZING. While she was still goofy and awkward as on the Conchords, there was something distinctly different about her bearing than on the telly. Much more confident and completely at ease. And on the show, she's always seemed sort of homely-cute, but last night she was genuinely alluring. Kristen has the most incredible, glowing, peachy skin. It's so beautiful.

The comedy was fantastic, or at least, the bits I can remember were fantastic. Her partner, Kurt Braunohler, is a deeply silly 6'2" blond, corn-fed all-American, and they work hilariously well together, finishing each other's sentences and egging each other on. They're simultaneously encouraging and undermining, which reminded me quite a bit of Bret and Jemaine's partnership. Oh, it was glorious. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Wonderful stuff.

Here's another silly pic of her at the end of the show, marker cap in her mouth, signing a karate-chopped board of wood (don't ask) for an audience member. God, she's so cute:

There are some more silly pictures to look at here, if you'd like. Or not. I don't want to pressure you or anything. Personally, I'd rather crawl back into bed with a large bottle of ibuprofen until the horrible, horrible pain of consciousness goes away, but you know, to each their own. Pro tip: STAY AWAY FROM GRAPPA.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:53 pm 
Boom King!

Very nice turnip. Did Da enjoy Kristen's act? Seeing as I've never heard of grappa it shouldn't be difficult for me to heed your advice and stay away from it. :wink:

tvldiva
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 pm 
Feeling much better now...

Oh, Turnip, I'm sorry for the hangover! Just drink plenty of water and take your vitamins. (this advise came from a doctor!)

The show sounded so great! I saw her open for the guys but you can tell it was just a small portion of what she has to offer.

dangerous person
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Thanks Turnip for the photos and stuff! Mmmmmmmm Grappa........ Had some over Christmas........ How's your head? :twisted:

splash_girl13
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm 
New arrival

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere but I just want to express how much I think she is so sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJnO5Xv0 ... annel_page

I love this video, love this song and I love her! :D

yvettiefred
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:16 pm 
Giving the paper to the people

heeheehee her dancing is so awesome :D

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:30 am 
Boom King!

funnygirl55 wrote:
Kristin Schaal is so hilarious. Does anyone know of any funny clips of her I can watch?

I just came across this really good one.
http:/www.mydamnchannel.com/Horrible_People/Season_1/HorriblePeople6_586.aspx

:yay: That has to be one of the funniest parodies of a Nighttime soap I've ever seen! I would soooo watch that more faithfully than I ever did Dynasty, lol! (And I watched that pretty faithfully...)

Joe LoTrugilo was a riot.......thanks for posting that link, funnygirl!

vmh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:59 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

I'm not sure if this has been posted already but Kristen has a flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95822320@N00/

There's a few pics of the guys in there too. Mostly Jemaine. Looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile though.

tvldiva
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 am 
Feeling much better now...

Comedy Central is airing her 30 min special tomorrow(Apr 3). It's showing a couple of times, check your guide.

Great H
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:04 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

Ha! I love that shot of Jemaine and Kristen in matchy-matchy shirts! :lol:

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:47 am 
She's like Switzerland

Kristen has a bit part as a Flight Attendant in the new movie, "The Goods" starring Jeremy Piven (that's how I originally came across it, because I'm a huge Jeremy Piven fan). Movie comes out August 14th :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next