It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 am

Hello from DC

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Hello from DC

Postby shianne517 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:40 pm

I am a longtime lurker on here and I finally decided to register. I live in MD in the Washington, DC area. I was lucky enough to see our boys live when they came here back in May. It was one of THE BEST concerts I have ever been to. I am also lucky enough to see Rhys when he comes here in November. I'm just a lucky girl!

Sherry, I am truly thankful for everything that you have done on whatthefolk. It is so cool to see the archives from five years ago. It's amazing to see how far they've come and to see how you followed everything over the years. It's just incredible. You rock.

Take care everyone.
shianne517
New arrival

Re: Hello from DC

Postby dangerous person » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi shianne!
Sherry has indeed built a great site, she is the original high priestess of the conchords I believe :prayer:
Lucky you seeing the boys live.........
My brother and his wife moved from Paris (the French one) to Alexandria last summer and love it there (friendly people, great weather, etc...)
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby shianne517 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 am

My mother lives in Alexandria! It's great that your brother loves it here. It's getting pretty crowded and it's always rush hour, but I guess that comes with the territory. You should come visit;)
shianne517
New arrival

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 am

Welcome, Shianne!
I like your avatar - is that your artwork?
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby dangerous person » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:02 am

shianne517 wrote:My mother lives in Alexandria! It's great that your brother loves it here. It's getting pretty crowded and it's always rush hour, but I guess that comes with the territory. You should come visit;)

:D
They live in the old town and work from home so they don't mind rush hour!! I cannot wait to visit them....
dangerous person

Postby H.... » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 am

Hey!
Throw us your potatoes!
H....

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Welcome, shianne!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby shianne517 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Welcome, Shianne!
I like your avatar - is that your artwork?

No, that's from a Nintendo Wii. They're called Miis. You can create them and use them to play games. I'm a huge nerd obviously.

dangerous person wrote:
shianne517 wrote:My mother lives in Alexandria! It's great that your brother loves it here. It's getting pretty crowded and it's always rush hour, but I guess that comes with the territory. You should come visit;)

:D
They live in the old town and work from home so they don't mind rush hour!! I cannot wait to visit them....

No way!! I love Old Town. I lived there for a year with my mother on S. Royal St when I was 13 (I was kind of a bad kid). She moved to a bigger place a few years ago. It's such a great little city. Right by the water, great shopping and nice old buildings (well, old for US). I can totally see why your brother loves it here. I hope you visit him soon.

Edited to correct street name
shianne517
New arrival

Postby dangerous person » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:13 pm

They live on Prince Street (looks gorgeous!)

My daughter (known here as little DP) tried making Bret and Jemaine Miis, but (and I wouldn't tell her that!) yours are much better!!
dangerous person

Postby Sherry » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:58 pm

And hello back :)

And thank you for all the nice things you said about the site *blushes* Glad to know people still look back in the archives. The site has certainly grown in the past few years.

Hope you are enjoying the forum :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby shianne517 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:39 am

dangerous person wrote:They live on Prince Street (looks gorgeous!)

My daughter (known here as little DP) tried making Bret and Jemaine Miis, but (and I wouldn't tell her that!) yours are much better!!

Well thank you! Unfortunately I can't take credit for them. A very talented "Mii Artisan" created them and I just copied. I actually improved Bret a little bit since I made them.

Sherry wrote:And hello back :)

And thank you for all the nice things you said about the site *blushes* Glad to know people still look back in the archives. The site has certainly grown in the past few years.

Hope you are enjoying the forum :)

I am definitely enjoying the forum. Thank you. The archives are great. I've only heard of FotC since the HBO premiere last year in June, so it's a great way to see how they have evolved. I hope other noobs like me take a look. It's very interesting.
shianne517
New arrival

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks