It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:12 am

Hello from London :)

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Hello from London :)

Postby andthisisthewonder » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi :wave:
I've posted in the HBO series forum, but thought I'd take up the invitations to introduce myself here! I'm a 22-year-old London girl, and I first got into the Conchords in 2007 after seeing the One Night Stand show on BBC3, shortly before the first series began. I'm just finishing my final year of university, and it might sound silly, but this year in particular they've really helped me to get through so many stressful/glum times! I probably won't be posting loads, as I mainly came here to read about the guys and their other projects etc., but it's great to know they have such a sweet and loyal fanbase :)
I should have realised what a mouthful my username is when I decided to quote one of my favourite poems... you can just call me 'wonder' if it's easier :)
andthisisthewonder
New arrival

Re: Hello from London :)

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:11 am

Let me offer official greetings, Wonder! :wave:

Have a look at Sherry's guidelines, and post away - hopefully we'll lure you into discussions now and then. :snakeman:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Great H » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:31 am

Hiya Wonder! :wave:
Looking forward to having you about!
:D
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi wonder! :wave: Welcome to the forums! Nice to see a fellow Londoner on here.
Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Wonder- welcome aboard! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm

:welcome: Wonder! It's not silly at all - I know many of us find the Conchords quite uplifting and use their music, comedy and other attributes ( :waggle: ) as therapy for whatever ails us. :lol:

I'm quite ignorant of most poetry, (though I do have Poe's "The Raven" memorized) which poem is your username from? London! Have you heard Flight of the Conchords' BBC Radio Series? Did you make it to any of the concerts when they were in and around London last year?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby andthisisthewonder » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:01 pm

'Other attributes' :lol: Yeah, they are rather therapeutic in that aspect too!

I have indeed heard the radio series, though on Youtube rather than when it was first aired. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have been on the first bus to Shepherds Bush :) I did really enjoy listening to it though.
And I've never seen them live :( - I wasn't really 'into them' to the point where I'd have looked up tour dates etc. until fairly recently. Is it looking likely that they'll tour again? I know both are pretty busy with other projects at the moment, plus I guess a while has elapsed since the TV series so there's probably less FOTC-related media hype (though I've no doubt there are still plenty of fans eager to see them!)

My username is from 'I carry your heart' by E E Cummings - I just love the line, 'And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart', even though I'm not completely sure what it means.
andthisisthewonder
New arrival

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:44 pm

andthisisthewonder wrote:I've never seen them live :( - I wasn't really 'into them' to the point where I'd have looked up tour dates etc. until fairly recently. Is it looking likely that they'll tour again? I know both are pretty busy with other projects at the moment, plus I guess a while has elapsed since the TV series so there's probably less FOTC-related media hype (though I've no doubt there are still plenty of fans eager to see them!)

Yes, they have a lot going on but we hold out some hope for another round of live performances by the Conchords. They've mentioned a desire to tour Australia and NZ, and I think Jemaine even recently told an interviewer in Canada that FotC would return to the Great White North - but when or whether their schedules will allow it, nobody knows. :dunno: I hope you get a chance someday. It's an amazing concert, and perhaps (though one cannot automatically assume) they would play smaller venues. They knocked it out of the park in the giant venues last year, but many fans would probably agree it is more ideal to see their show in a cozier atmosphere.

andthisisthewonder wrote:My username is from 'I carry your heart' by E E Cummings - I just love the line, 'And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart', even though I'm not completely sure what it means.

I should read more poetry. That is lovely, thanks.

So you've finished school? What did you study?

Oh and you really should choose an avatar, make yourself at home. If you have any questions, just sing out. :)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby kipples » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm a bit late to the welcome party but hey there wonder :wave:
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby andthisisthewonder » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Aww, thanks for all the warm welcomes!
Nonch, I studied English Literature - although the moment, career-wise, it seems as if inspiration for online usernames might be the most productive use of my degree! :read: (I like this forum's extensive smiley library!)
andthisisthewonder
New arrival

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:10 am

andthisisthewonder wrote:
:read: (I like this forum's extensive smiley library!)

So do we, Wonder, so do we. :lol: :###: :chick: :bounce:

:horse: :albi: :suckers:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks