Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin

Postby YisBot » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello Everyone!! I decided to join this message board after a lot of google searches kept bringing me to this site!! I have just recently become obsessed with fotc when I was introduced to their show on DVD. Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky as you and seen them perform or met them but I am well on my way!! I have tickets to see Arj Barker in January and am excited at the hint that the conchords may be going on tour next year!! I'm glad to see I share my stalkerish behaviour with such nice, genuine people!! I can't wait to get to know all of you!
Jasmin
I went to the bank.
YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby Venus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:28 am

Hi there, YisBot! Welcome to the forum! Haha, love your current avatar which is a good tie-in with your username. I hope you also have the amazing opportunity to see them live and meet them. Tours are so much fun for all of us whether we're able to make a show or not, so it was great to hear Bret say in a recent interview that they're planning on touring next year. Hope you enjoy Arj's show. Arj's such a cool & funny guy! So I have to ask whether you're a Breterosexual or Jemainiac (or Bi-Conchordian)? :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:36 am

Welcome, YisBot! :wave:
What part of Canada are you from?
Take a look at the forum guidelines and enjoy all there is to offer here. :D
I look forward to seeing you around!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Great H » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 am

:group:

Hi there, glad you found us! :wave: Jump right in and enjoy!
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:47 pm

YisBot wrote:Hello Everyone!! ... I'm glad to see I share my stalkerish behaviour with such nice, genuine people!! Jasmin
:roll2: :roll2:

Yes, and we do it with style, grace, and class and never, never overdo it.:rolls:

I can't wait to get to know all of you!
:nod:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby YisBot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Venus wrote:So I have to ask whether you're a Breterosexual or Jemainiac (or Bi-Conchordian)? :)

Hahaha, I think Jemaine is dead sexy. That being said I love both of them in their own way, but I think everyone can say that!! Thanks for the compliment on my avatar, my confidence has been boosted! ;)
Nancy wrote:What part of Canada are you from?

I am currently living in Calgary but in February I am going to be moving to Germany! Very nervous about the change but also excited! At least I am still close to countries the conchords seem to like to tour in, especially England!
I went to the bank.
YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby Venus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 am

Haha, cool!

Ooh, moving to Germany is going to be a big step but definitely very exciting. Wishing you all the best with the move! It would be great if FOTC could squeeze in a UK/European tour next year. :)
&
Venus

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Hello, Yisbot! Welcome to WTF! :D
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Clea Fitzpatrick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am

Hello everyone! :wave: I figured I'd just introduce myself on the official thread instead of starting a new one. My real name isn't Clea Fitzpatrick though. :D I'm 50 years old, living in the Great Lakes/Upper Midwest area of the US, and just was introduced to FOTC last year when someone sent me a link to the "Business Time" live performance video on YouTube. I was intrigued and started watching all the other clips on YouTube, and then I was hopelessly addicted and had to buy the DVD's of the TV show. (I've never had HBO so I hadn't seen them on TV.)

I feel like I might be a little too old to have such a crush on these guys :oops: but they're just adorable and VERY talented and funny. I have mostly Breterosexual leanings although I may be a tad Bi-Conchordian - ideally I'd like to put Bret's face on Jemaine's body (kind of like the band photo with Jemaine and Clea and the Bret-head :wink: ). I've been having fun with Photoshop ever since discovering the guys and getting my sister hooked on them as well - we see who can make the funniest FOTC avatars for our AIM screens. :type:

I might not post much but I've been hanging around and reading the forums regularly - you're a fun bunch!
"Purpose for the biscuits - you put N/A"

Clea Fitzpatrick
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 am

Hi there, Clea! :wave: Welcome to the forum! Too old? Never! Bret and Jemaine appeal to a wide range of age groups and you'll definitely be in good company on here. Ooh, you're a Bretero? Nonch, you have new company. ;) You should share any of your Photoshop creations in this thread. We have a talented bunch on here who make some amazing Photoshop creations too.

Please do join in with our discussions! You sound like a lot of fun yourself. :D

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums!
&
Venus

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:11 am

Hello Clea, and welcome! :wave:

My Mom was a fan until age 93, and I'm 62, so you're a young one - don't let age hold you back from joining in and gushing about the guys! We love all ages!! :love:

Take a look at the guidelines and then post and photoshop away! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 am

What?!?!? A new Bretero! (well, mostly) :thumb: Welcome Clea! :welcome: Girl, we don't worry about age...or marital status...or actually anything quite so reality based around here. :wink:

Great avatar and username! :lol: I hope you will share your photoshops with us, and feel free to join into conversations, post pictures ask questions, whatever. We're a friendly lot. :)
Last edited by nonchalant obsession on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Clea Fitzpatrick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Girl, we don't worry about age...or marital status...or actually anything quite so reality based around here. :wink:

Speaking of marital status - I am married, and my husband does NOT share my love for/obsession with FOTC. :? I think he's jealous, actually. I've tried to get him to watch some episodes with me but he just wanders off. Seriously, how can anyone watch FOTC and NOT laugh??

I love doing screen grabs - my (current) avatar is Bret's expression right after Murray asks who's going to make new t-shirts for the two new fans. :lol: My Photoshop efforts aren't anywhere near as good as the ones in that Photoshop thread but maybe I'll post one or two eventually.
"Purpose for the biscuits - you put N/A"

Clea Fitzpatrick
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:59 am

:lol: Aw, your poor husband doesn't even know what he's in for. Just imagine if they tour the US again!!! :D

Clea Fitzpatrick wrote:ideally I'd like to put Bret's face on Jemaine's body

:roll2: You're kind of a sick puppy aren't you? (You should fit in nicely around here) Though I have to respectfully tell you I think that is a terrible idea. :hrmpf: Maybe not as bad as Bret's face on a woman's body but still. :hrmpf: :lol: Wait...you haven't photoshopped some kind of a frankensteinian mix of Big J and Little B have you!?!?! :o (If so, you better show us) :wink:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:36 am

With all this talk of the guys, I was thinking - for the next couple of weeks, wouldn't it be cool to ONLY mention the composer of Man or Muppet as "Academy-Award Nominee" Bret? Or am I being too nutty? It's okay if it's too out there. :worry:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks