What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Great H
 Post subject: Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:33 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

:group: YAY another Bretero! :D

Clea Fitzpatrick
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 pm 
New arrival

nonchalant obsession wrote:
Wait...you haven't photoshopped some kind of a frankensteinian mix of Big J and Little B have you!?!?!

Yis actually! Yis!

It's in the Photoshop thread but I'm not sure how to link to that thread in this post. :dunno: (I'm a noob.)

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 am 
Boom King!

I haven't said hi yet...Hi Clea!! :rock: And :welcome:

I love the photoshop you did, being a Jemainiac I can see why you'd put Bret's head on J's body... :whistle: ;)

I'm in MI. :) I got hubby to go with me to a show and he was rendered verklempt by Jemaine. :lol: He is now like your husband...tolerates but is probably jealous. (Maybe the posters on our living room walls and the big ones in our bedroom and basement are too much??) :hrm:

Glad you're here and hope to see you around more! :)

Clea Fitzpatrick
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm 
New arrival

nonchalant obsession wrote:
:lol: Aw, your poor husband doesn't even know what he's in for. Just imagine if they tour the US again!!! :D

That would be my dream come true (and my sister's as well).

The other day he was forced to watch FOTC as I had it on in the background while he and I were working on some internet stuff together. He actually did chuckle a few times - seems he was mostly amused by Dave and Murray. He even asked me what Bret and Jemaine had been up to since the show and I was happy to fill him in. :P Slowly, slowly I will lure him in ...... :lol:

Nancy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

It's all in the way you approach it, Clea, all in the approach..... :comehere: :stick: :chick: :thump:

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:22 am 
Half a shapely halibut

So I guess I should probably say hi.... Hi :)

About me. Well..... Firstly it is not MY fault that I am as obsessed with the boys as I am. We (my 2 little boys and I) had just come back from our holiday to New Zealand sporting silly thick, kiwi accents and phrases and this guy that I work with, it's his fault.... he kept telling me that I would love this show about these 2 dorky kiwis that sing. I had been in 'kidland' as far as TV and movies go for the past 9 years, watching pretty much Disney movies while my 2 little boys grew up. So, one night, up late, couldn't sleep, and a re-run of FOTC aired on SBS...... and that was it.

I must admit to being dissappointed I missed the first flight the first time, but I am oh so grateful I managed to get on board just in time for all these new movies, Oscar nominations and upcoming NZ and Aus tour!!! My boys are going to be very, very dissappointed that they can't go!!! :P

So a bit more about me? Well, I am a recently redundant wife (divorced) with 2 little boys, aged 6 (the Rhymnocerus' birthday was today) and my hiphopopotamus just turned 9 last month. They are pretty special kids as they both have taken after their dad and have Asperger's syndrome. It's has it's pros and cons. One pro/con (I haven't decided which it is yet) is my Rhymno is very musically gifted and can remember song lyrics and tunes after only hearing them once or twice. That's all fine until I realised he had heard Mutha Uckas :oops: It all happened in the fruit and veggie section at the supermarket when he spied advocardos and mangoes next to each other.... he picked up an apple..... a lovely red delicious and sang at the top of his lungs............... (see who can fill in the blanks there!!!) One little old lady was mortified, I just nodded and agreed with her that some parents are just disgusting (pretending he's not mine)!!! :P

I also work in Special Ed, so my days and nights are filled with pretty special points of view, a fair amount of heartache, a lot of gratitude and an awful lot of belly laughs!!! What other workplace allows you to use the 'talking stove' as a valid conflict resolution tool and get a group of 7 and 8 year olds to sing songs about epileptic dogs!!!!

Of course there is a bit more to me than that, but that will do for now..... I have a problem though, that I need help with solving..... I have made a little 'mash-up' video and tried to upload it to Youtube, but it has been blocked because of some sort of copyright thing..... Where is a good place to upload a video to so I can share it on here? I think you guys would appreciate it.

Hoping to make some new conchordian friends on here and share some of my crazy stories with people who will appreciate them :) :supz:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:14 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

:wave: Welcome to WTF! gibbsrus! Not sure how to solve your youtube troubles, but I hope you figure it out. :)

LOL about all who are to blame for your Flight of the Conchords obsession. :lol: Around here you need no excuses. We get it. :wink: Though you may be the first to name your children after Bret and Jemaine. :hrm: :boogie: :P :P :P

Where are you from? And I may as well just go ahead and ask...do you have a favorite Conchord?

Your boys (and you) sound absolutely adorable! I hope you hang around here and join in the conversations and fun. :hug:

Venus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:29 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Hey there, gibbsrus! :wave: Welcome to the forum! Perhaps you can try the site vimeo.com for your mash-up video? Your boys sound so precious! Yes, we have a lot of exciting Bret and Jemaine related times ahead so I'm looking forward to sharing these moments with you all on here. :D

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Thanks guys :-) I have uploaded one to my Facebook page to try and share but I'm not sure if it will work since my fb profile is not public but I will give it ago ;-)

I am in Queensland, Australia (since u asked) :-p and yes, we are very, very cheeky ;-D My boys have renamed themselves and they often fight about who is who but my youngest, Ryan, really should be the rhymnocerus (Hehehehe, that actually comes up on my autocorrect on my phone now) since he was always ryno anyway :-) I will have to share a pic of them too :-)

I am definitely a Bret girl. I won't say I'm not partial to Jemaine too but Bret just fits the 'profile' a little better :-p I sound like a serial offender :-)

I should probably get ready for work. Will try out the video site tonight and see what Facebook can do for me :-)

Looking forward to having some fun :-D

Nancy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:24 am 
Persona Non Regatta

Welcome, gibbs! :wave:

Make sure you read our forum guidelines, and then have a ball exploring these parts.

I'm the Director of Education for Rhode Island Youth Theatre, and one of our projects is called Young PlayRIYTS, where young people write plays that are eventually performed. One of the students I'm mentoring is a 13-year-old with Asperger's who in one week wrote a delightful play about a wizard mouse with an army of robot mice. Guess what I thought of right away when he said robot mice??!!
Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around about.

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm 
Boom King!

Welcome, gibbsus! Your boys sound wonderful, lol, and love the mutha-uckas-song-in-produce story! :thumb:

I have a 13 year old aspie and he's a Conchord fan as well, always pointing out any references in life that I might miss! :D Bret and Jemaine both signed a pic of him that I brought along to the show here in '09...I only wanted them to see him in his Robots sweatshit and tell them how much he loved them but wasn't really big on loud noises, lol, so he stayed home. Well, both of them grabbed the pic and signed and doodled on it for him. Made me love them even more. :love:

Looking forward to your video... :)

Great H
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 pm 
Stop touching the monkeys

Sweatshit? :roll2:
(Sorry...)

Hi Gibbsrus! :wave:
Good to have an Aussie on board - and a Bretero at that! :hug:
(See... Aussies & Kiwis can get along!). Obviously no offense was taken at the racist fruit vendor episode in your part of the world then?! Or the Keitha episode for that matter! :lol:

Anyways, jump on in!
Oh if Vimeo doesn't work (it's basically another YouTube so it probably will), you could try http://imageshack.us which is what I always use for uploading/posting pics. They host videos as well apparently, though I've not tried that myself. *good luck!*

LauraK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm 
Boom King!

:o :rolls: I can't believe I didn't catch that!~ :lol: Ah well....

Nancy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

Hee hee! :rolls:

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 am 
Half a shapely halibut

Hehehehe,
Offense to kiwis making fun of us? Nah. I think it is part of our 'birth right' to make fun of each other!!!! :P I think that kiwi's and aussie alike would agree that it is far more offensive to mistake our accents for British!!! :P The Keitha ep is one of my favourites..... espeically the parts about mocking the accent. We just can't seem to help ourselves with that one. As kids growing up, whenever we would meet a kid from NZ, we would try to get them to say six or fish and chips.... Shocking isn't it!!! :P Oh, we were definately very bad kids!!!! :P

In 2010 I took my boys and my best friend to NZ for a holiday, 4 days after the first big quake hit Christchurch :(. We toured around the south island and stayed in caravan parks and got to meet lots of very 'authentic' kiwis. I remember my youngest phoning home and talking to my mum with his 'thick kiwi accent' and mum not understanding him. All he was saying was 'sweet as bro' and 'yeah' and 'yis'. He was very proud of himself!!! :P The kids LOVED NZ and I think that is just another reason why they love FOTC so much.

We are DESPERATE to head back and do the South island again and venture into the north island. Do the Lord of the Rings thing.... see some vikings!! :P NZ is one of the ONLY places in the world where the Australian dollar is worth something and it is very, very affordable. Would seriously recommend it as a holiday destination. Although, from the US.... that 21 hour flight is a real killer!!!! :rolleyes:

Going to go and try the movie site again I think. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next